IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

That is great, they'll charge actual normal shipping prices finally.  I wonder how this will be accepted(the new variant) once the thrill wears off.  There has been a large QC slide from the pre-pocket days with them given the comments seen here, various other forums I'm on, etc with this system.  It makes the cynic think perhaps it is a PR stunt to change the narative.

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That is great, they'll charge actual normal shipping prices finally.  I wonder how this will be accepted(the new variant) once the thrill wears off.  There has been a large QC slide from the pre-pocket days with them given the comments seen here, various other forums I'm on, etc with this system.  It makes the cynic think perhaps it is a PR stunt to change the narative.

I highly doubt it but I wonder if they are refunding people back half their shipping costs for things that are pre-ordered and haven’t shipped yet. That would be a good thing to do given how long people have waited for products. I paid $34 for shipping to the states for my Duo for reference. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

I highly doubt it but I wonder if they are refunding people back half their shipping costs for things that are pre-ordered and haven’t shipped yet. That would be a good thing to do given how long people have waited for products. I paid $34 for shipping to the states for my Duo for reference. 

That would be the right thing to do.  I wasn't amused on the pocket when I did have it on the shipping costs as they were like twice what competitors would have charged me to ship to them as a private person, as companies tend to get shipping contracts with discounts.  It made me wonder where all that added money went, hidden handling to pocket it?  Bad contract and they were at a loss?  It just was weird.

11 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I wonder how long the glow in the dark pocket lasted. I forgot about it and they were already sold out by the time I thought to check.

I think I went back and refreshed like 15 minutes after I got mine (11am eat on the nose) and they were gone. Of course eBay sold listings is blowing up with them selling for like almost $500 when the seller doesn’t even have them in hand. 

3 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ve got a black one for sale if you want!

I actually saw that, but I'll probably just stick to playing my Game Boy games on my Super NT with the Super Game Boy. That works fairly well outside of not being portable.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I actually saw that, but I'll probably just stick to playing my Game Boy games on my Super NT with the Super Game Boy. That works fairly well outside of not being portable.

Well yeah or you could get a dock and emulate via FPGA any system your little heart desires! Portable and big screen! Endless possibilities!

On 9/1/2023 at 7:49 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's what I do it's an ideal solution if you don't want to do GBC or GBA, then it's the GB Player.  Perfect choice if you're using real carts or at least a real flash kit.

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's what I do it's an ideal solution if you don't want to do GBC or GBA, then it's the GB Player.  Perfect choice if you're using real carts or at least a real flash kit.

I just have the basic Game Boy Everdrive so I'd honestly rather just play the games on TV anyway. I had a DMG with the IPS screen mod and I rarely used it.

23 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I just have the basic Game Boy Everdrive so I'd honestly rather just play the games on TV anyway. I had a DMG with the IPS screen mod and I rarely used it.

Lately been using the SuperNT+SuperGB combo to play old games too, did some Picross yesterday for maybe an hour.  I totally get what you mean.

15 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Lately been using the SuperNT+SuperGB combo to play old games too, did some Picross yesterday for maybe an hour.  I totally get what you mean.

Yeah, I'm at the age where I'd just rather play my Game Boy games on the couch on the big screen instead of straining my eyes on a portable screen for an extended period of time.

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, I'm at the age where I'd just rather play my Game Boy games on the couch on the big screen instead of straining my eyes on a portable screen for an extended period of time.

Makes sense, my eyes haven't failed yet, but if I get tired super tiny print like you see on the rear of a blu ray gets challenging.