IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

7 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

I don't doubt you at all, but find this absolutely hilarious to me.  Given all the modern "advances" put forth in all this new gear, it turns out that stuff like the Satellite and even the Acclaim Double Player lay it to waste in terms of usability.  🤣

Standards really have slipped, when it comes to the durability and reliability of so many consumer products over the last few decades. It's insane that a modern controller built in a factory a year ago breaks and I'm replacing it with one built close to 30 years ago that still works flawlessly. 

if you don't want to use/trust 8bit do product, what would be some solid choices for a wired and/or wireless controller for the docked Pocket?

Currently I have an xbox 360 PC/USB pad, gravis pro classic usb controller that's basically a PS1 non-dual shock, and a wannabe gamecube controller that's usb based too.

I do have one 8bitdo thing, junk came with my pce mini it's that 2.4g wireless pad they did in the PCE style with the 4 face buttons which awkward would work for GBA and under but not SNES due to lack of buttons if it were jailbroken to do more (not likely, other than maybe pce.)

3 hours ago, Gloves said:

Y'all out here complainin' about the price of shipping from Analogue not even realizing Canada has two bosses to fight: the initial charges, and then the secret boss, the hidden follow-up price charged by UPS once it's in their hands:

image.png

WTAF?  If paying shipping on something to the shipper doesn't guarantee delivery to your door in Canada, then WTF is it even paying for?  Seriously, I am both outraged and totally confused by this.

• Agree 1

I can't speak to import mail exploitation, that's something I just haven't seen personally, but it is utterly wrong to do a stunt like that above.

I'm part of the club now, my package arrived just over a year after ordering it and a day early yesterday.  I got it initially setup in the dock, then it went to hell because what they say, and what actual owners say are two different things trying to get a controller to work, or keep working.  I have a PCE 8bitdo 2.4 controller and it would pick it up in the listing and never work, figured out it was seeing the dongle as a wired device which is dumb, it's a bug.  I tried a raphnet adapter+snes ce pad, sees as wired with no input, same with a usb gravis gamepad pro(looks like ps1 pad), and the xbox 360 usb doesn't even detect or light up.  The annoying thing, a cheap chinese gamecube usb copycat controller does, buttons aren't ideal but work but has a terribly short cord.

Reaperman over on AA had a video of what works/doesn't as of some many months ago, and it seems most wireless just don't work or won't stay connected, but the SN30 Pro USB wired work perfect, so I ordered one, had the weather not been just evil I'd have driven out last night to grab one. 😕

Oh and I did try a switch pro controller.  It's not friendly to get hooked up and usually won't using the steps to do it.  When it does, it works excellent, but if you power off the pocket, it loses the setup and then it's a headache getting it back on or I'd just have done that.

That garbage aside, actual use so far I just tried one GBA game I was in and it was really really nice.  I really do like it, not the dock issues, but it works and gets the job better done than the SuperGB or GB Player can do.

It has been up there for some time, both, because they're doing a supposed final run for anyone who wants one before having to pay a scalper hundreds more.  Not sure what their end game is, but seems pretty rotten given the demand, unless they have plans.  I mean there is analogue OS, maybe they intend a new model they can limit and control what works/not though their operating system.

22 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It has been up there for some time, both, because they're doing a supposed final run for anyone who wants one before having to pay a scalper hundreds more.  Not sure what their end game is, but seems pretty rotten given the demand, unless they have plans.  I mean there is analogue OS, maybe they intend a new model they can limit and control what works/not though their operating system.

Ah ok. Well a reminder for people who want them lol

Still waiting for a Duo announcement

Edited by a3quit4s

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

My extra stuff was supposed to show up yesterday but UPS wussed out cuz of the blizzard. Now I have to wait 'til Wednesday for my Dock etc..

At least your stuff shipped. At the time I placed my order, I seem to remember the website stating that it would ship before the end of the year…..

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, phart010 said:

It says fulfillment status is still pending. Which means it hasn’t shipped yet. I wonder if it’s because of one of the accessories I got with it

Bummer. I also had quite a few accessories. Hopefully they ship it in the next few days.

Now if my Polymega would ever actually materialize...

8 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

After all the crap I talked I ended up ordering a pocket on eBay. I think I paid $300 which is fine by me since I don’t want to wait till whenever 2023. I’m a sucker for Analogue. 

Even though I adore my sg and nt, the pocket is by far the best. Have you started buying GBA yet? Its an expensive rabbit hole. 

Its only going to get so much better with teh tg16 adapter. 

56 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Even though I adore my sg and nt, the pocket is by far the best. Have you started buying GBA yet? Its an expensive rabbit hole. 

Its only going to get so much better with teh tg16 adapter. 

I’ve got a small amount of GBA that I just happened across over the years. TG16 was a driving factor since it seems clear the Duo isn’t really a priority. I’ll have to get a dock when they become more available as well. 

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

Haha. Whoops. I ordered the deluxe model which I believe includes all the modules, but it's been so long I barely remember anymore. I also went ahead and ordered the newly announced N64 module since I'm apparently a sucker.

I thought you had a Nt and Super NT already? Why the polymega too out of curiosity

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I thought you had a Nt and Super NT already? Why the polymega too out of curiosity

Redundancy and curiosity, I suppose. I mostly just want the Polymega for the disc based features, but I figured I might as well get the other modules while I'm at it. That way if I like it, I have more options for emulation.

34 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Redundancy and curiosity, I suppose. I mostly just want the Polymega for the disc based features, but I figured I might as well get the other modules while I'm at it. That way if I like it, I have more options for emulation.

Let me know how you like it compared to the Analogue consoles, you know if you ever get it 🤣