IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

For those who have the media for it, good luck.

It would have been nice if they kept their crap together well into the past at this rate.  I would have made the attempt to get this, but now all I've got is a PCE Mini and a full load hacked 2nd (hakchi'd) SNES CE with the card side of things.  That's just a $250 money pit at this point with no media, media now that's horribly priced even on the poor to rotten stuff.

And given their track record with their Analogue OS and writing what a system will offer out of the box, versus how much does NOT work with the Pocket and it's dock... NO, just no.  Too many delays, and too many broken promises amounting to fraud to sell hardware/accessories.

Administrator · Posted
18 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

too many broken promises

I did purchase the Dock with the explicit understanding that it worked with their DAC hardware, as they wrote that it did on their site, so yeah I continue to feel a bit burned on that. As stupid as it may sound, I primarily bought the Pocket to play my Gameboy/Color/Advance games on my CRT TV, but as of right now I can't.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

For those who have the media for it, good luck.

It would have been nice if they kept their crap together well into the past at this rate.  I would have made the attempt to get this, but now all I've got is a PCE Mini and a full load hacked 2nd (hakchi'd) SNES CE with the card side of things.  That's just a $250 money pit at this point with no media, media now that's horribly priced even on the poor to rotten stuff.

And given their track record with their Analogue OS and writing what a system will offer out of the box, versus how much does NOT work with the Pocket and it's dock... NO, just no.  Too many delays, and too many broken promises amounting to fraud to sell hardware/accessories.

Fraud? Lol. Pure nonsense. 

Stick with your garbage clone systems. Ill take the console you would have bought. 

7 hours ago, Gloves said:

I did purchase the Dock with the explicit understanding that it worked with their DAC hardware, as they wrote that it did on their site, so yeah I continue to feel a bit burned on that. As stupid as it may sound, I primarily bought the Pocket to play my Gameboy/Color/Advance games on my CRT TV, but as of right now I can't.

Dude...ugh.  I never considered the DAC as I didn't have that little PVM I have now, it was all about the rest you said -- the dock.  I do enjoy handhelds more, but sometimes I want to lazy as F slouch on the comfy chair with a controller and enjoy on the big screen.  I was all about immediately slapping down that added $100 for that dock.  Website had promises of things like wireless controllers, wired controllers both you can configure, various settings for display(type, resolution, colors, magnification, manual settings) etc that all work and save, even the memories etc stuff(didn't care there.)  You've seen the site.  They also promised those other system docks at $30/ea, get what you want for it too.

Instead most wired and wireless controllers do not work.  They will not allow you to setup a controller setup as it's grayed out, I had to buy a pad that defaulted correctly after checking a few I have (both types) here.  Then GBA is fine for a LCD these days, but the box of 8bit GB/C by default doesn't fit the screen, you have to hit 7x minimally or other to re-size it all and you can...same with colors, modes, etc... as soon as the system is turned off...it's lost.  It's aggravating having to deal with it every start. They lied to get $100.

Then they killed off the individual adapter sales, then they bundled all three or nothing and raised the price $10 (they also got a worse partner as shipping nearly doubled too.)  They even killed off one of them (PCE adapter) quietly probably over the Duo, but when I had ordered it was supposed to be in the deal of choices.  Because of their antics, price hikes, discontinuations I had been down scaling at that point and they put the nail in the coffin on two systems.  NGPC I was on the fence modding or not, then the collections(1+2) dropped with all my games and with the 3pk bs...sold it.  PCE I was on the edge with flash kit only, no HDMI choices, asinine prices even on bad games now and they killed that product so I sold off both.

They lied, delayed, changed the terms of the sales deal, rigged the prices to move more shit people weren't wanting much(lynx adapter surely) in bundles, killed off other promised products, and still have left broken holes with the pocket (largely the dock.)  I don't trust them anymore.  I got my game gear adapter second hand for the shitty price they now charge for it +shipping yet I didn't have to wait until christmas to get one.  F them.

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

To anyone trying to get the duo this morning….

may the odds ever be in your favor 

Do you reckon it will sell out that quickly? I guess it depends how limited it really is but TG-16/PC Engine is a lot more niche than NES/SNES

I’m guessing that if you jump on within the first 30mins you shouldn’t find it too difficult. 

I was considering getting it but I think I’ll pass. The shipping is going to be crazy expensive and I can’t justify it when I have an excellent condition pc engine R. 

Don't know.  But I had no trouble ordering.  I went with black since my other Analogue models are all black (or noire).  I specifically made room for this product when I setup my new game room a few months ago.  I made room both on the shelf, and within my switching equipment, so it will be a welcome addition to the setup.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I've seen many in the states paying $50 for shipping so $34 is getting off easy it seems, and Canada looks largely to be $80.  I really wish I knew who they have packing their goods unless it's some hidden handling fee as it's ridiculous.

I guess the rush and panic wasn't needed, it's still up for sale currently 2 1/2 hours after the fact.

Administrator · Posted
35 minutes ago, elprincipe said:

Grabbed one. I was pretty angry about the $34 shipping before reading what our Canadian friends have to put up with here. I have to say, if it was $80 that would have been a deal-breaker for me, how utterly ludicrous. But excited to get my hands on one of these!

I'm convinced that Analogue is actually a subsidiary of the postal service. 

• Haha 2