IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Having an order in for TG16 adapter helps ease the pain of having no idea about the timeline for the Duo.  

And while most people don't care about the NGPC or Lynx adapters, I'm looking forward to having all of them.  I have flash carts for all and enjoy playing the original systems.  It will be nice to try them out in HD on a full size TV.  

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Brickman said:

The shipping is an absolute joke. $90usd for three adapters! They’re definitely scamming people who don’t live in the US to make extra profit. Very scummy behaviour. Hard pass now.

That's odd, considering the shipping I had on my order from December last year (which will show up here any day now!?!?):

image.png

I'm not ordering the new adapters as I have no use for them, but:

image.png

Just now, Gloves said:

That's odd, considering the shipping I had on my order from December last year (which will show up here any day now!?!?):

image.png

I just checked my pocket pre order which is the pocket, dock and game gear adapter and the shipping was $90us which is about right because they use shitty FedEx.

So they’re definitely scamming people if three adapters costs the same shipping price. The weight would be 1kg max for three adapters. I definitely won’t be supporting that scummy behaviour.

8 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Nice to see Analogue's outrageous shipping costs are alive and well. 😛

I remember on NA someone tried to be an apologist for them by saying, "well, they use really good boxes!"

I’ll be the analogue apologist here because I really enjoy their products. 

* Clears throat*

I mean, there’s really nothing stopping anybody else from making a high-quality boutique retro game product with constant software updates and new releases outside of the US, and offering free shipping. Charge us bastard Americans huge shipping costs. Steal all that market share, and show them the error of their ways, capitalism style!!

Plus the boxes are high quality. 

11 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I’ll be the analogue apologist here because I really enjoy their products. 

* Clears throat*

I mean, there’s really nothing stopping anybody else from making a high-quality boutique retro game product with constant software updates and new releases outside of the US, and offering free shipping. Charge us bastard Americans huge shipping costs. Steal all that market share, and show them the error of their ways, capitalism style!!

Plus the boxes are high quality. 

I know it’s sarcasm but I’d disagree with constant software updates. It’s been over 1.5 years since the last firmware updates for NT, SNT, MSG. Not that I have any issues playing the games and they all look spectacular but improvements are always welcome. 

Honestly I’d pay $90 for a Duo update because I could give zero fucks about Pocket. It’s like they realized that they weren’t going to make anything anymore other than Pocket and $79 adapters with $500 for shipping but just don’t want to admit it to the public yet. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, a3quit4s said:

I know it’s sarcasm but I’d disagree with constant software updates. It’s been over 1.5 years since the last firmware updates for NT, SNT, MSG. Not that I have any issues playing the games and they all look spectacular but improvements are always welcome. 

Honestly I’d pay $90 for a Duo update because I could give zero fucks about Pocket. It’s like they realized that they weren’t going to make anything anymore other than Pocket and $79 adapters with $500 for shipping but just don’t want to admit it to the public yet. 

I guess constant is relative lol. When was the last AVS update? Does hyperkin even update their clone consoles?  And I use my pocket far more, and while I would like them more often, I feel for such an aggressively niche product a software update every 1-2 years seems fair. What update to those consoles you mentioned would you like to see?

Also-There was some sarcasm, but in a free market, the consumers decide. I agree that’s way too much for shipping, but maybe they’ve had a lot of issues with shipping to Canada in the past and that’s their way of making it worth their while? If enough people in Canada don’t pay and they really want that demographic then they will adjust their prices accordingly. 

Would anyone be willing to go in with me on one of those adapter packs?

Minimally speaking I only really really NEED the NGPC adapter.  I'd like the TG one, but there are cores for that and PCE emulation is on the nose, NGPC emulation quite frankly is shit, and even if they added it, it's not right in some core.  Lynx can forget it, no interest at all.

I already went in with MegaTank to get some analogue accessories that were missed out on I'll ship that way once the thing eventually arrives, so it's not uncharted territory.

Also that said, fuck em, seriously.  Both on $60 shipping for 3 small adapters but also for forcing people to buy 3 when they sold us on the promise for a good year to buy the devices separately for $30 each, now you're forced into crap you won't use.  I bet they figured out the costs of the Lynx one no one was likely to buy much of, didn't want to sit on an inventory at a loss, so boom... shenanigans.

Edited by Tanooki

I don't see a fast sellout on their bait and switch antics with the pocket adapters either.  What the hell were they thinking forcing buying all three, increasing the price, and increasing their shipping costs by a lot??  I'm glad it got hacked for firmware now honestly, saves me 1/2 the problem of the adapters I did want.

Now someone add a NGPC core for me ok?

And then I'll go get an IPS screen I was holding off on for my actual handheld -- dicks. >:\

Edited by Tanooki

Homebrew Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm glad it got hacked for firmware now honestly

It was never hacked.  The ability for others to develop cores was planned by Analogue.  They provided information, firmware, and free development kits to people.  Here is more information about the program called OpenFPGA: https://www.analogue.co/developer

Additionally, if others a looking for lists for cores available:
https://joshcampbell191.github.io/openfpga-cores-inventory/analogue-pocket

Or for auto updaters:
https://github.com/mattpannella/pocket_core_autoupdate_net/releases

• Like 1

Planned or not, it's close enough to a hack than not, maybe jailbroken fits best since that's what the SNT/MSG had going for them to run all those roms off the SD card in the rear.

Either way, those are some solid links.  The system itself is open like the former consoles, but unlike them, it's uniquely being actively developed for like the Noir did and I very well welcome it given their bait n switch on the adapters.

Thanks for the links I'm going to keep those because some point this year I'll have that device on my doorstep.  Sadly given the toxic nature of the after market, it maybe called Portable, but it never will be.  I've got a power plug and HDMI port reserved for the last year for that thing to get popped into. 🙂

8 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Reminder Super NT and Mega SG at 8am pst today. Also reminder they aren’t shipping until Q4 2023 so there will probably not be a fast sell out on them. 

Just got my order in for the Super NT (black) and MegaSG ... figures the shipping will take that long.. I'm still waiting for my Pocket.. ah well, I wager it'll be easier to resell them if I decide I don't need them by the time they ship

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I hope someone comes along and fills the void.  I mean the concepts are there between what they did, FPGA work, side installs like the UltraHDMI or NES HD Kit.  I mean I'm simplifying this, but with all the projects you see popping up in the last few years of cheaply well made boards, various chips, and clearly some of them are very cheap given stuff tends to even sit in cheap aliexpress large chip based multicarts even.  It would be amazing if someone, even if it's overseas, just swiped the work there (much like bootleg everdrives) if it has to come to it, just so there can be mass run, as well working, HDMI consoles for various systems not relying on garbage upscalers and junk emulation like retron has.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...