IGNORED

What are your collecting goals for 2020?

I'm hoping to finish my CIB NTSC NES set and then maybe start collecting something else. I probably have about 100 CIB SNES games, but I'm not super interested in collecting for that system right now. I'm considering starting Game Boy, N64, Master System, or Genesis, but I have no idea how difficult those libraries are.  Plastic cases would be a nice break from the pain of finding good quality cardboard NES boxes. 

I'd also like to start paring down all the special edition hardware and games I own from the 360/PS3 era. I got really excited when special editions became a big deal and bought almost everything. Over time I slowly realized that they take up a ton of space, I didn't care about the cheap pack-in collectibles, and they bring me no joy. I will also be selling off many of my CIB NES duplicates, so keep an eye on my for sale thread if that interests you.

• Like 2

I'm continuing to work on my worldwide N64 Franken-set! I intend to have the complete PAL N64 cart-only set finished before the end of the year, with any luck. I also hope to make a huge dent in the Japanese exclusive CIB set, perhaps finish off the year with fewer than 20 titles remaining.

Other than that, I'm not too sure. I could probably do with beefing up my OG XBOX collection, but there's no huge rush there. I will probably continue to collect opportunistically, as I have done over the last few years and see where that takes me! 🙂 

• Like 2

I’m still on the fence about whether it’s time for me to make some big purchases. I have a couple titles in mind. It probably will depend on whether I luck into the money or not. 

Otherwise my plan is to keep doing what I’m doing; heavy focus on Switch, complete some more sets for various franchises (like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), get a nice N64 library I can play, take inventory of everything and keep posting pics of my hauls!

I would love to get to 80 AES games and add more CIB games to my SNES collection.

Besides that I could see a few more PC-Engine games in the collection.
I think I'm going to travel less this year so I'll probably buy less as well.

One goal that I really want to achieve is to finish the Brazilian Gameboy Advance set.
Right now I'm missing two games that I just can't find anywhere.
I'll keep looking for them and hopefully they'll show up.

I actually have no plans this year for collecting. A couple years ago I really slowed down and haven't bought much. So right now I'm in a state of limbo.

Right now I'm more focused on finishing my home electronics lab so that way I can persue my hobby of circuit design and repair. I have a couple big projects I would like to hammer out this year. I've already made strides towards them, so we will see.

This doesn't mean I won't buy games. I'm still excited for a couple new games like animal crossing. But right now, I'm pretty content with what I have.

I’ve been on such a Genesis kick that I’d like to continue that and find some of the harder to find stuff I’ve been wanting, and find some commons that I’ve been wanting but just haven’t managed to pick up yet.

I’m starting to get the itch to shore up some more of my NES, PS2, and 3DS collecting too but I’m trying to be good to my wallet.

59 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

I'd like to grab all of the physical PSVR games. Haven't tracked down a full list but I have close to 40 or so, I assume I'm pretty close. 

I'll continue to pick up Switch games as well, but need to cool it for a bit after their B2G2 sale. I think I ended up grabbing nearly 20 Switch games...

There are roughly 87 Physical North American PSVR games. 

Retire from collecting this year and start to enjoy my collection. I’ve focus for years buying, selling, creating list and upgrading that I haven’t had the time to enjoy the games as much as I would like. I need about 90 N64 CIB, 9 GameCube and 40 3DS..... then I’m riding off into the sunset. Complete set collecting takes its toll.

• Like 1

I'm really focused on only picking up pieces that really stand out to me. Over the years, I feel as though I've become much more methodical in selecting what goes into my collection. Though I've always focused on CIB, I am starting to realize that I need to become even more particular with what I need in my collection, compared to just what I want.