IGNORED

What are your collecting goals for 2020?

Start a small Genesis and SNES RPG CIB collection (to actually play) and solder my first battery.  The Analogue Mini's have really got my attention.  I'll make sure to start slow with just a few games because I collected a few years ago and had like 15+ RPGs, way too many too quick.  I'll start with 1 or 2 RPGs and play them immediately on my new Analogue system.

What would you say if at least at this rate I called it more anti-collecting? 😄

I'm uncomfortable currently where things are with what i have, as is how much, and how much is NOT used that I (key point here) don't have history tied up into from the 1980s/90s(and some 00s.)  I am currently back into the PC Engine thing, CDs really and I'll have to be careful as they can get stupid expensive so that'll be sparingly done.  But 2019 I made a plan to reduce as I did the year before and it continues.

Right now I've already 1/2 moved on from caring about my PSP as it has been cataloged, sorted, lifted and put into my storage closet where a mix of boxes, pocket manga, tools, and my pack&ship supplies sit.  I'm also wavering on my conscience with the 3DS, maybe even the DS but highly doubtful as my daughter has one of those so we can couch play.  I have a PS1 I rarely use so I don't have a lot of games, but I may ice a few of those too like I know I'll never likely get around to Xenogears and its guide, perhaps a few others.  I may offload 1-5 MVS carts too that just sit I could if need be use on my multicart anyway like Super Dodgeball.

So my plan is to focus on the few things I still care about that matters, do a little PCE play and shopping, slice what just sits someone else could enjoy more, and as the games pop up here or there the ones I think I'd truly apply myself to on Nintendo Switch I'll buy.  That really is about it outside of some random pop ups from second hand sources of any kind but I don't have a crystal ball on that one just like a year ago I never thought I'd own a Virtual Boy again, let alone the entire library and then some.  So yeah, quality over quantity!

This past Friday I received a parcel from South America containing four different Famiclone carts that I was missing, and had never even seen for sale anywhere, where I'm at. It felt great to fill in some in some more gaps, and with each parcel I receive from abroad, the harder it becomes to find anything I'm missing.

Aside from opportunistic collecting, I think this year I'll try to cut back on the amount of time, effort, and money spent tracking this stuff down. I've got more than enough in my collection, and a lot of the things I'm missing from my main collecting focus, Ive been missing for about six or seven years, so that time and effort could be better spent elsewhere.