IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Today I had an interesting mix of heaven and hell depending who you ask, and fcgamer and optout in Taiwan probably will appreciate this post a good bit given the roots of this err 'fun' handheld you see below, the Watara Supervision.  DeathadderSF over on atariage is the one who runs the unofficial site to the thing on diskman.com and put his unit or spare turd up for sale on ebay, warned people not to buy it, so of course I did. 😛  He has a special hatred for the thing, I mean I guess I get it, but I mean I like segmented LCD games so it's a step up, it's beta Gameboy at its finest.  He hated it enough to mock the thing with drawings on the box no less.

Along with that in the mail I got a stellar deal on some import Macross audio CDs from 30years ago, this set of four were $40, a steal, given they alone can be that much, and the 2 from Plus, amazing work of Yoko Konno, better known for Cowboy Bebop.

And finally, went out today sold an old toy for $45, then went into the game exchange and counter poached more goodies off an ex employee who was dumping things, he was open to an offer since they only give 20-30% in trade, so made a $40 offer and got both Tales of Phantasia+manual and the nfr of Mario Tennis Power Tour so I'm still ahead $5 today. 😄

watara-supervision.thumb.JPG.2a8348eb70239b2b9e909718a68e0fe8.JPG

macross-gba.thumb.JPG.0a8bbb9c4c1d713f8685a9c187985ce7.JPG

@Brickman  Wow nice, really nice.  Reminds me I need to try and rehome my radigry game on cube, used it all but once and just never went back.

@CodysGameRoom Nice coincidence there, remember last year I think it was I kept fishing games out in that same price range CIB too, at least a dozen off them, they largely just don't get it which is great.  About a week ago I got a complete $10 bigbox of Wing Commander Prophecy off them with every insert in great shape even the massive fold out star map.  Today they had Heretic, but I already have the non-boxed game(which is just the same without the box, it had no inserts, and was a bit thrashed to I ignored it.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Damn didn’t know you had one for sale, would have preferred buying it from someone on here. Got anymore Japanese GC games for sale?

Sorry not exactly, all I have remaining are 3 of the Hudson Selects I enjoy, and Doshin for PAL which was a bizarrely locally found white whale a decade ago.  I've considered selling Castle of Shikigami II which is in the bigger box with the cat toy, but haven't bothered to go far enough to research/take pics as of yet.

image.jpeg.f9b01211f15a6377b33ab7a3b7a7a5c6.jpeg

Bought Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Blu-ray last week. Watched it at a Theater a few months ago.

image.jpeg.facf1ef2d4a3f719bad06cd93dc48842.jpeg

image.jpeg.6ced05f80da381e6ab752ee46a661c70.jpeg

image.jpeg.d10e2dc5815d8636b9701b6e10b157d1.jpeg

image.jpeg.52e9b3edf8bfc66d200078b0196d727b.jpeg

image.jpeg.40ef34716832b536cbc5d0f9dd5443ce.jpeg

Downloaded Kirby's Dream Buffet. It's Fall Guys, Kirby-style.

And yes, I've played a lot of Super Kirby Clash and Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

image.jpeg.e3660ad4103812e560b615f44ad92e8a.jpeg

image.jpeg.e7791957e5522e34c3d8c33f54ed27eb.jpeg

image.jpeg.796004e7e3c2b8fafd7edea6d89a9271.jpeg

image.jpeg.d439f6fe6a2302bf44c4b455ab3632c9.jpeg

Finally got all the DLC for Sonic Forces. 

Super Sonic's been in the series since Sonic the Hedgehog 2, so I don't understand why it's DLC. At least it's free, but that makes it even more pointless being DLC. It should've just been included, or automatically added in an update. Episode Shadow is also free, but they charge you for the Shadow Costume. While I'm not complaining, in my opinion it would've made more sense to charge money for Episode Shadow since it's another mode instead of just an outfit or whatever. I used the points I received for purchasing Kirby's Dream Buffet and got the Shadow Costume for a mere 53 cents.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Nice coincidence there, remember last year I think it was I kept fishing games out in that same price range CIB too, at least a dozen off them, they largely just don't get it which is great.  About a week ago I got a complete $10 bigbox of Wing Commander Prophecy off them with every insert in great shape even the massive fold out star map.  Today they had Heretic, but I already have the non-boxed game(which is just the same without the box, it had no inserts, and was a bit thrashed to I ignored it.

Yea, my local store's game selection is piss poor, they don't even have the usually overpriced disc based games that you see in posts ehre and there, just filler xbox-ps3 and newer type stuff. I was shocked to see these on the shelf, and i grabbed every one. There appeared to be a few missing slots too so I wonder what I missed 😞 The date was only 4 days before I was there so hopefully not much. 

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Yea, my local store's game selection is piss poor, they don't even have the usually overpriced disc based games that you see in posts ehre and there, just filler xbox-ps3 and newer type stuff. I was shocked to see these on the shelf, and i grabbed every one. There appeared to be a few missing slots too so I wonder what I missed 😞 The date was only 4 days before I was there so hopefully not much. 

Well I get that, and don't feel bad, those spots may have been more of that or just junk too.  Also, the dates are phony to a point.  I live within a mile or two of one, hit it 5-7days a week as it's on the way to my kids school and things so I've figured out a lot of how they work.  The dates on the sticker do not indicate when they actually are sold, just how long they've been in inventory.  I've seen stuff pop out that wasn't there the day before, but they'll have a date saying they should have been for a week already, or backwards of that, it's very untrustworthy to follow.  When I still do post finds here, if people read it, I mention the shops, you'll see when HBP comes up it's not super consistent, which is why I'm pretty pleased when something happens, such as that ice blue gb pocket and harvest moon.  Usually their supply and the other out of the way a bit I usually see once a week don't have a big supply, but sometimes things come as a one off or in waves.  It's best to just try and find a consistent-ish time and hit it regularly and play the odds, it works out in the end.

• Like 1

I stopped by this cool record and game shop at the mall

spacer.png

Got myself a 2ds (something I'd been wanting for a while now, but finally pulled the trigger)

also got a sweet almond pretzel from the Auntie Anne's downstairs... man I miss going to malls.

Edited by G-type
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, G-type said:

spacer.png

Got myself a 2ds (something I'd been wanting for a while now, but finally pulled the trigger)

also got a sweet almond pretzel from the Auntie Anne's downstairs... man I miss going to malls.

Hey I’ve been there before! It’s a neat store and they usually have cool stuff. Gonna miss my Maryland and Virginia game stores now that I’m back in NY. Did you see the 2-3 Playchoice 10s they have?

7 hours ago, G-type said:

spacer.png

Wow, we took the our kids to the mall for the first time two weekends ago in over 2 years.  I was surprised how well it was doing considering the decline of malls in general.  I wonder if, for those that have survived, if a post-COVID world will help them thrive because people appreciate getting out a bit more.  I honestly don't know.

51 minutes ago, RH said:

Wow, we took the our kids to the mall for the first time two weekends ago in over 2 years.  I was surprised how well it was doing considering the decline of malls in general.  I wonder if, for those that have survived, if a post-COVID world will help them thrive because people appreciate getting out a bit more.  I honestly don't know.

This mail had been a dying mall for years but someone bought it, spent millions renovating it and now it’s thriving

• Like 1

I think there really isn't a post mall world, there will always be a large segment of the population that want to try and see before they buy, not going to just blind trust the internet, even if it may cost a few dollars more as it's got a safe and comforting feel to it.  The issue is too many were made, many badly done and in places that can't support one or more of them so they don't struggle.  Our county had 3 large ones, 2 are on opposite sides of the freeway along a major US numbered road here (60.)  They have had a few ups and downs on shops/attendance but they keep going and are well kept as current management keeps people coming back and store/chain owners too.  They are a nice little escape and at aleast climate controlled and large enough to get some exercise too. 😉

Since it's a finds thread, but too lazy to snap a pic I want to add I got very lucky on a cheap DVD pick up at the HBP yesterday.  Dark stuff, castlevania level undertones kind of type stuff.  It's a 4 OVA series that hadn't been put out for a time, and the one I have is the original set of 4 on one disc -- Pet Shop of Horrors. Check it out, it's kind of a monster movie/twilight zone vibe to it and for just $6.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Wooo @drxandy nice one, I found that at a peddlers mall early this year for $40, I didn't even think twice to run to the register with that one, it's such an oddity of high quality from Konami.  The interesting use of snes special visuals tricks, both directions of scrolling like life force/salamander, it just works.

Today I went back to HBP because they're doing a 3day 50% off DVD deal.  More anime. 😄  I got the Dragon Ball Movie Pack (3 movies, dvds in a thin box) and it was still circle sticker sealed too, new but a beat up box a little from age, but whatever...cheap at $6.25, and also Grave of the Fireflies on blu-ray for 7.50...can't beat that!  I also had them put a questonable Gundam Wing bootleg set to the side, all the episodes, the ovas, and waltz movie for just $17 on 4 DVDs.  It never got a legit bundle like that, and it's an old boot like the sailor moon movies pack I did from like 20 years ago, what I can see it's high quality dvd transfer level stuff so I may just go back for it tomorrow.

• Like 2

Been after Snoopy for at least a year. Bizarrely hard to grab in Canada cheap, and getting one shipped from the USA would be costly. $21 with tax + shipping.

Banjo and Basketball were loose pickups for IBs I have had for a while. $40 and $20. Pink Panther I grabbed on a $4 BIN, but had to pay up to get it up here. ~$30 CAD. It had the reg card which was not shown, so bonus!

image.jpeg

Thrifting stack. 360 worked out to about $5 each, $3 each on the rest.

293102023_580970513415858_5508103800209410354_n.jpg

Found a bag of 90 or so cards for $5. I know very little overall about Pokemon TCG, but I'll buy them cheap. Turns out these 9 tally to roughly $90, but I just bought the stack because I liked the Eevee evolution promos. 🤣

Untitled.png

Edited by Nesmaster
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 2

On 8/13/2022 at 8:30 AM, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Mega Man 6 is also a favorite of mine, my favorite in the NES series and I won that on ebay (from one of you guys maybe?). It actually closed _below_ my maximum bid so can’t complain there. Ran me 325$ CAD shipped/customs, that’s actually very good. 

I think MM6 is fantastic. Right behind 2 for me, probably because that's the one I had as a kid.