IGNORED

With NA gone, can we finally talk about why some members got banned?

attakid101

It’s always fun to dig up old dirt! I can’t remember why Tanooki got banned either. 

I’m also trying to figure out who “Gloves” was on NA.

I sort of feel like an old dad with jean shorts and white tube socks trying to hang out with all you cool kids who are playing Fortnite and watching Fuller House. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

It’s always fun to dig up old dirt! I can’t remember why Tanooki got banned either. 

I sort of feel like an old dad with jean shorts and white tube socks trying to hang out with all you cool kids who are playing Fortnite and watching Fuller House. 

I can definitely see you fulfilling that role 

Administrator · Posted
38 minutes ago, MrClutch said:

I was... Gloves... >_>

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When I first joined NA I used to quite often have a habit of looking at when people were banned and reading their posts to try piece together what led to their ban. As stated in this thread most are repeat offenders or rightful bans, a good page or two were from Dutch (for one of his alts the personal name he gave was 'Joe Poethe' and 'Carlos Amigo.' Clearly not all there guy.)

Literally nobody will have answers for these, but the first three accounts banned had less than 10 posts. One in particular was adurso or fdurso or something along those lines. He made two accounts and they both got banned in days, and I can't seem to see why.  

There was another one, the first account banned, called ganonbanned I believe. The account had one post in 2006, a WTB thread. I -assume- it was made as a way to test the banning feature, it was always interesting for examples like those. 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MrClutch said:

Your memory has been scarred by all the blinky-light stretched buttholes from that one afternoon.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 4:48 PM, MrWunderful said:

He Even got mad at me personally for thinking atari sucks!

No, I didn't.  The hell are you talking about?  I don't give a shit what people like or dislike.

On 12/10/2019 at 6:12 PM, captmorgandrinker said:

Yet somehow we were supposed to have the welcome wagon give him a reach-around when he arrived

Nope.  Not my problem at all.  When I have Brock telling me moderators are just waiting to ban me and I have people messaging me saying they're going to ban me if I'm not cool why do I want to be here?  It's fine that people have an issue with me.  And if I got banned, I got banned.  It's the internet, I'll be okay.  But since I have a target on my back and people don't want me here, I'll oblige and not be here.  It's that simple.  Funny how there are a lot of people talking about assumptions and stuff in this thread but people are doing that about my comments and motives.

To be clear, I don't hate NA.  Never did.  I dislike certain users, yes, but that's to be expected anywhere.  Like I said, mod staff sees me as an issue so fine.  I won't be an issue.  Also, this is a throwaway account because I couldn't access my main account for some reason.  People can respond if they want but I probably won't be around to see.  I've got nothing but well wishes for you guys and hopefully you keep making this place work and being a resource for people into the retro scene.

4 minutes ago, Loxx said:

To be clear, I don't hate NA.  Never did.  I dislike certain users, yes, but that's to be expected anywhere.  Like I said, mod staff sees me as an issue so fine.  I won't be an issue.  Also, this is a throwaway account because I couldn't access my main account for some reason.  People can respond if they want but I probably won't be around to see.  I've got nothing but well wishes for you guys and hopefully you keep making this place work and being a resource for people into the retro scene.

With how you left NA (admitting even yourself that you got banned on purpose), I don't think it was an unreasonable request to ask that you behave here.

We're all for fresh starts at this place; if you want access to your other account let one of the Admin guys know and they can reset your password?

18 minutes ago, Loxx said:

No, I didn't.  The hell are you talking about?  I don't give a shit what people like or dislike.

Nope.  Not my problem at all.  When I have Brock telling me moderators are just waiting to ban me and I have people messaging me saying they're going to ban me if I'm not cool why do I want to be here?  It's fine that people have an issue with me.  And if I got banned, I got banned.  It's the internet, I'll be okay.  But since I have a target on my back and people don't want me here, I'll oblige and not be here.  It's that simple.  Funny how there are a lot of people talking about assumptions and stuff in this thread but people are doing that about my comments and motives.

Yeah, you did. But I dont really care, so stick around if you want to contribute- if not then dont bother. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, barrels said:

Say what you will about Loxx... but when he gets drunk, his Food Fight scores are legendary.

Bruh, let me tell you... I got drunk one night and played for like 4-6 hours on the same game.  It was like 6+ million.  I was doing so well I had to start getting creative where I either wouldn't throw any food or intentionally get my self down to one or two lives to see if I could make it.  Shit was nuts.

I'm actually not even that partial to Food Fight... but I don't know... that shit just clicks with me.  When I get in the zone I can just kill it.  Biggest thing I miss about NA is all the Atari competitions with you guys.  I've beaten some of the old high scores from NA since.

42 minutes ago, Loxx said:

None of the staff spend any time thinking about or talking about you, sorry. There is no target on your back, your REAL account has no warning points.  Be here or don't, no one will lose any sleep either way.  

33 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

With how you left NA (admitting even yourself that you got banned on purpose), I don't think it was an unreasonable request to ask that you behave here.

We're all for fresh starts at this place; if you want access to your other account let one of the Admin guys know and they can reset your password?

Here is how I feel, honestly.  Someone mentioned me going out the way I did makes places like this look bad, I agree.  100%.  This is a welcoming place that wants a large community, and I get that.  My shit isn't exactly the best look for 'friendly to everyone'.  It kind of upset me that people like you had a sour opinion of me because I really like you.  But, you know what, I don't blame you.  I'm the shithead that I am and you guys are trying to be good.  I understand I am welcome back here.  I guess my point was better this time with my comments.  It's not that I'm upset with how I was welcome back, it's that I'm allowed back but people just don't really like who I am.  And that's cool, man.  I might pop in occasionally but I won't be a regular.  That's too much of a risk to you.  I'm respecting that.

I actually popped back on today to see if there was a thread about Archon being on Retro Liberty a few days ago because I wanted to give him a shout out and say I was jealous of that Metroid cartoon concept art.  Had trouble logging in, searched my name to try to find my username and make sure it was accurate, and came across this thread.  And then saw pages and pages of people specifically talking about me.  Just wanted to clear up.  I do have no ill will but I understand I'm not exactly the guy to promote NA values.  I've still got my NA hat, though!