IGNORED

2023 VGS Secret Santa Reveal Thread!

Secret Santa

image.gif.998f1169b280cd6208a8404d60cf176c.gif

OH BOY OHHHHH BOYYYY.

It's finally time. IT IS FINALLY KRIMAS. Let's keep it short. Basically, show off what you got and who you got it from! If you don't know who sent you your gift shoot me a message and I will let you know.

image.png.84d0cb788b1c9c58820bd6f08eee259e.png

I mentioned in the signup thread that there is going to be a little game. Every year someone on the site volunteers to be Santa. It can be any member on the website. It is not guaranteed to be a moderator or staff. First one to guess who Santa is wins a $20 Nintendo EShop gift card. If nobody guesses by 2024, I will open up a poll to decide where I am going to donate the money to. There are only four rules:

• You have to have been a participant this year.
  • One guess per person
  • You cannot edit your guess post. Doing such disqualifies you.
  • There are a handful of people who already know who I am, sorry but you cannot participate.

Thanks everyone for participating this year. I hope that everyone who participated had a good time. The secret santa account will be active until January 1st, 2024. After that time I will be signing out.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Was Santa sadikyo?

Either way, lemme start by posting my gift, courtesy of @Splain

It was nicely wrapped and I'm super happy for some handheld games that are pretty much impossible to get in Japan. Many thanks, and I'm enjoying the presents as I took my Game Gear with me to Europe when I went to see family for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all, and I hope my own package arrived safely 😄

20231214_105143.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Vectrex28 said:

Was Santa sadikyo?

Either way, lemme start by posting my gift, courtesy of @Splain

It was nicely wrapped and I'm super happy for some handheld games that are pretty much impossible to get in Japan. Many thanks, and I'm enjoying the presents as I took my Game Gear with me to Europe when I went to see family for Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all, and I hope my own package arrived safely 😄

I wanted to keep those Game Gear games so bad lol. Glad they arrived ok.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Editorials Team · Posted

Here's my one from @JamesRobot. I hadn't realized there was so much Zelda stuff on my list, and my happiness at seeing this stuff made me realize that I'm actually a pretty big Zelda fanatic. This box PLAYS THE TREASURE CHEST MUSIC FROM N64 ZELDA WHEN YOU OPEN IT. Coolest thing. Love the awesome Master Sword + sheath keychain too. I can't wait to play these games, thanks JamsGobot!!

F9P07RC.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 4

I'm not sure who my secret Santa is, possibly @Vectrex28 as it's someone living in Japan.

Anyways, what an amazing gift! There's a Famicom homebrew here that I'm looking forward to trying (I might do so tomorrow when my Japanese friend is visiting), and also two coffee blends from a local coffee shop! This is truly amazing, and I could not ask for more.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!

Also, I think Space Pup was the host this year.

IMG20231225185720.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

My secret santa was @a3quit4s and boy did they hit a homerun with what they sent me. They sent me Super Paper Mario (a game I've been wanting to play since I was a kid but missed out on) and pikmin 3 for switch. They also sent me a blue yarn yoshi amiibo. It was the last one I needed so it is super apprecated. I think my favorite was the bub and bob plushes though! I found the perfect place for them immediately.

20231224_222232.jpg.20aac675ab8e182e163e98c5d79b9ed2.jpg

20231224_222554.jpg.1a8576756fe8d807d8e01d58977cf155.jpg

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas!

For the guess the santa, he didn't participate in the gift exchange but I feel like Jeevan ran it this year.

• Like 8
  • Love 6

I got the sickest care package from Cincinnati I've ever seen. Some Mario wall clings, Skyline chili with the fixins and the most delicious chips I ever put into my mouth! Prinny 1&2 wasn't even on my radar and I'm loving it so far. I gotta say, the secret Santas on here nail game recommendations! I'm genuinely shocked at how every year someone nails my game tastes based on a short want list and my collection list.

Seriously though these chips are insane. A ton of spices, entire bits of sugar, MSG and a wave of heat. I never experienced anything like it in my life.

I think @Secret Santa was who I got as my secret Santa: @spacepup

Merry Christmas everyone!

Screenshot_20231225-084415.png

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

Not sure who they are but my Secret Santa went above and beyond. They got a Withered Bonnie for my kid (turns out it's his favorite character and he screamed!) a little transforming TV robot guy,  dreamcast ornament. A mcnugget tetris. Grimace's birthday Gameboy color homebrew (in grimace shake purple!) magic sword for snes and 3 sealed gamepack card packs. 

Completely blown away. Thank you secret Santa! Thank you so much!

IMG_6652.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

A MErry X-Mas to you too @twiztor (and all VGS members) and thanks for the awesome gifts and card!  (also excellent job on wrapping👍)
DSC00012.JPG.e28dd954fdeeff086f608cbfa501b479.JPG
DSC00009.JPG.7e3a335751c2e0b8b02ba93d19269d63.JPGDSC00035.JPG.ebc0e51475049521a3417bd872bde945.JPG

I've been in the mood for some Mega Man goodness recently, so this is going appease the craving just fine.

For the BIG guess, was this years @Secret Santa SrPelo @Mega Tank?

• Like 8
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I'm not sure who my secret Santa is, possibly @Vectrex28 as it's someone living in Japan.

Anyways, what an amazing gift! There's a Famicom homebrew here that I'm looking forward to trying (I might do so tomorrow when my Japanese friend is visiting), and also two coffee blends from a local coffee shop! This is truly amazing, and I could not ask for more.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!

Also, I think Space Pup was the host this year.

IMG20231225185720.jpg

Yes!!! Glad it came in safely! Lemme know how the coffee tastes, I do wanna try some myself hehehe

• Like 1
  • Love 1

We had ourselves a VERY @Murray CHRISTMAS over here 🌲 🥰. Murray went above and beyond per usual. I received a gorgeous piece of Windwaker art. I cannot wait to hang this in my game room. I also received TWO sealed N64 games. I’m going for the complete CIB set. Not only did Murray help me get down to my final 14 left, he sent sealed rather than CIB.  Truly exceptional. Thank you so much man. I really appreciate these gifts. 

This year is extra special because @Murray was my first Secret Santa “giftor” back in 2018 and he crushed it back then as well. Thanks brother. 

Merry Christmas to all of you! VGS is such a special place and secret Santa is my favorite event of the year. Thank you @Secret Santa for all of your hard work. 

IMG_2887.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 3

Homebrew Team · Posted
4 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Not sure who they are but my Secret Santa went above and beyond. They got a Withered Bonnie for my kid (turns out it's his favorite character and he screamed!) a little transforming TV robot guy,  dreamcast ornament. A mcnugget tetris. Grimace's birthday Gameboy color homebrew (in grimace shake purple!) magic sword for snes and 3 sealed gamepack card packs. 

Completely blown away. Thank you secret Santa! Thank you so much!

IMG_6652.jpeg

Screenshot_20231225-1302272.png.e575aa16462df8ad5292fb8dc5b55e25.png

I'm super happy you (and your kid) enjoyed everything!

You asked for some weird, makes you go hmm kinda stuff, so I tried to capture that well. The little robot guy is a Famicom cartridge 😄

I picked Magic Sword because I love the arcade game, and the cart was hopefully uncommon enough that you didn't already have it.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

not sure why my Secret Santa was, but super happy with what i received.  two games from my list, plus an amiibo that i'm missing. can't wait to dive in and add these to my backlog. i really dug the first Bomberman R despite its reputation, and have been curious about Starfy for quite a while. thanks again!

and @AverageOliver98, glad you enjoyed your gift. when i saw that you were a fellow Mega Man fan, i knew i just had to help your collection with that series.

20231223_001827.jpg

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

My secret Santa was amazing this year! I got some buckeyes (not pictured because they were devoured by myself and my family), a few really thoughtful and detailed letters explaining all the games, and an absolute ton of games & manuals. 

Wally bear is a great choice, I've been meaning to play it and it's one of the (many) unlicensed NES games i don't own yet. 

The manuals are awesome, I was reading out the description of the Buffalo bills to my family since we've always been fans. I didn't realize it was oversized, never seen one before I don't think

The famicom games are where the real treasure is though. My Santa picked out a while smorgasbord of games, all hand picked based on their experiences with the system and the games.

I couldn't have possibly asked for more, you really killed it! Unfortunately they didn't identify themselves but I appreciate you kind stranger

20231225_150535.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 2

This year, Murray’s Secret Santa was none other than my favorite Skull Pal in arms @spacepup, and wow, did he do a phenomenal job wrapping these! 

IMG_8876.jpeg.d8dfef2b47f3ba93aa6d7ff955b3f632.jpeg

IMG_8878.jpeg.0387f2762cf8e9d4bf768a9e41ef3677.jpeg

Like last year, I asked my Secret Santa to send a physical copy of their favorite game. While he didn't have a favorite per se, he did include a collection of phenomenal titles, all of which I do not currently have in my collection! (and all in exceptional condition, I might add.) I have always wanted to play Ico and Psychonauts, and including Grim Fandango was a nice touch.

IMG_8879.jpeg.63e0014c84988a14a5c8afce31abf531.jpeg 

Murray did ask for a little bit of holiday cheer, and @spacepupdid an exceptional job on that front, also. (Make sure to thank your brother for me) I can't wait to try that badass-looking stout with my prime rib later this evening. 

IMG_8881.jpeg.985415fd53249a91312e55c4ec2e6107.jpeg

Thank you again, @spacepupfor making this holiday extra memorable and a very Murray Christmas to all!!

IMG_8883.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 3