IGNORED

2023 VGS Secret Santa Reveal Thread!

Secret Santa

Homebrew Team · Posted

PXL_20231208_235846862.jpg.724878c39743dc20f48e32ab009cb23e.jpg

My SS was @Fleck586 and they got me some pretty sweet stuff!  Both SNES games I needed and are in fantastic shape (not to mention being great games)! I've never played the GC Sonic games, but have been collecting a bit of GC so am pumped to try them out. Also (for some reason) I'm getting a bit into 3do, so thanks so much for this rad looking game! 😄

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Events Team · Posted

My Secret Santa was @SNESNESCUBE64, and he did great! He got me a triforce coin bank, which honestly I'm probably just gonna use as a display piece since it looks REALLY nice, as well as a brand new copy of Super Mario RPG for the Switch! Really excited to play that since I haven't played the original in a very long time. Thanks bud!

2bdd1d1996c6081a27bc2781fc8dfbf7.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, twiztor said:

not sure why my Secret Santa was, but super happy with what i received.  two games from my list, plus an amiibo that i'm missing. can't wait to dive in and add these to my backlog. i really dug the first Bomberman R despite its reputation, and have been curious about Starfy for quite a while. thanks again!

and @AverageOliver98, glad you enjoyed your gift. when i saw that you were a fellow Mega Man fan, i knew i just had to help your collection with that series.

20231223_001827.jpg

I was your secret santa, glad you enjoyed everything!

I do have one question though; what's your damn shirt size?! Because you said you were a big fan of the Zelda franchise, and you also liked hawaiian shirts, so I was originally going to get you a Zelda-themed hawaiian shirt as well, but you didn't specify in your list what size to get, and I didn't want to anonymously ask what your size was since that'd kinda ruin the surprise, haha. Still glad you liked everything though!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, neodolphino said:

PXL_20231208_235846862.jpg.724878c39743dc20f48e32ab009cb23e.jpg

My SS was @Fleck586 and they got me some pretty sweet stuff!  Both SNES games I needed and are in fantastic shape (not to mention being great games)! I've never played the GC Sonic games, but have been collecting a bit of GC so am pumped to try them out. Also (for some reason) I'm getting a bit into 3do, so thanks so much for this rad looking game! 😄

I'm so glad you like everything! I looked up a list of great under-the-radar 3DO games and that one was at the top of several people's list. I hope you enjoy playing them all!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Fleck586 said:

I dont know exactly who my SS was, but Im guessing it was @ThePhleo.  I asked for SNES commons and my Secret Santa went above and beyond with the CIB games. And I wanted that plush so bad, so Thank you!!! Super stoked to add these to the collection!

20231215_164157.jpg

It's'a me!

You're welcome, and merry christmas 🙂

I'm not sure who my SS was either, but thank you for the Game Console Book 2.0, the ornaments, the candy, and the donations to charity! You're awesome whoever you are 🙂

(I never got my box from shipment, I told my wife when Secret Santas come in, to wrap them up as gifts for me!)

• Like 2

Don't know who my Secret Santa was (but hey let's keep it a mystery) but they knocked it out of the park this year! I'm going for a complete Kirby collection because Kirby is my favorite character lol and they got me four of the games I'm missing. Two are even still sealed! And they got me two Kirby mystery capsules as well! I got a fluffy plush Kirby and a Waddle Doo rubber figurine! Super happy! This actually ended up being the best gift I got this year lol...so thank you so much Secret Santa you really made my Christmas feel special.

Enjoy a bad picture from my crappy cell phone of the stack of gifts lol.

Untitled.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Not sure who my SS is but I really enjoyed the gifts and letter!   I received the letter, 2 retro-inspored Switch games, a personally recommended Genesis game that I've never tried, and 5 empty Gameboy game cases to help me in the search for the full set.  Great gifts! 

Thank you to Secret Santa for hosting the event, my guess is it's @JamesRobot, and thank you to my personal Secret Santa!  Looking forward to participating again in 2024!

20231125_225726.jpg

20231125_225814.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

On 12/25/2023 at 12:57 PM, paddy_wagon said:

Big shout-out to my secret santa (not sure who it is?) But came through with FF3, chrono cross, and a bonus mega man for genesis.

I've already hammered several hours into chrono cross and absolutely love it! Can't believe I've been missing out on this gem 

20231214_173755.jpg

But fellas, who was your Secret Santa?

Luther is Secret Santa!

https://youtu.be/farSRgI_w5E?si=wik16yOwJNyW3IF3

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

On 12/25/2023 at 5:02 PM, ZeldaFreak said:

I was your secret santa, glad you enjoyed everything!

I do have one question though; what's your damn shirt size?! Because you said you were a big fan of the Zelda franchise, and you also liked hawaiian shirts, so I was originally going to get you a Zelda-themed hawaiian shirt as well, but you didn't specify in your list what size to get, and I didn't want to anonymously ask what your size was since that'd kinda ruin the surprise, haha. Still glad you liked everything though!

ah, ZeldaFreak! i believe you were my Santa a couple years ago too. You're great and i appreciate what you've put together both times for me. Thanks again.

haha, i only even mentioned the Hawaiian shirts to give an example of quirky things i like, had no idea that somebody would even consider buying one! (IMO you're always safe to run bigger on Hawaiian shirts since they can flow loosely. But, for the record, generally XL)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Thanks @LutherDestroysTheGond great job. 

9 hours ago, Murray said:

LutherDestroystheFinds was really Santa? Bitchin’!

22 hours ago, LutherDestroysTheGond said:

Luther is Secret Santa!

To clarify what Luther said, he was Paddy_Wagon's secret santa. He did not run secret santa :).

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Social Team · Posted

I opened my gift kinda late which is why I didn't post about it till now.  @WalterWhiteJr. nailed with the PS Move games.  I'm looking forward to playing the games and see if they were really bad or people just didn't want to buy into the "gimmic" of motion games trying to mimic the Wii even though they are actually fun to play and do work well.  Also I'm SUPER happy you got me coffee beans!  I really really really wanted some coffee bean from another "local" place to try.  Also I'm totally going to have that christmas card on my fridge for way too long 😝

OU2Z8mO.jpg

kSafUOx.jpg

7JX25B8.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

On 12/25/2023 at 12:15 PM, Khromak said:

My secret Santa was amazing this year! I got some buckeyes (not pictured because they were devoured by myself and my family), a few really thoughtful and detailed letters explaining all the games, and an absolute ton of games & manuals. 

Wally bear is a great choice, I've been meaning to play it and it's one of the (many) unlicensed NES games i don't own yet. 

The manuals are awesome, I was reading out the description of the Buffalo bills to my family since we've always been fans. I didn't realize it was oversized, never seen one before I don't think

The famicom games are where the real treasure is though. My Santa picked out a while smorgasbord of games, all hand picked based on their experiences with the system and the games.

I couldn't have possibly asked for more, you really killed it! Unfortunately they didn't identify themselves but I appreciate you kind stranger

20231225_150535.jpg

I only realized after I got my own SS gift that I forgot to identify myself. 😅 Glad to hear that you enjoyed the games! I had a ton of fun picking out your items! My only fear was that I would accidentally pick an FC Game with too high of Japanese language needs; I think you should be okay on all of them though. Hope you have a ton of fun!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 12/25/2023 at 7:00 PM, JamesRobot said:

My Santa was truly secret and did not reveal themselves.  THANK YOU for the GBC Bionic Commando from my list and the GBA Kirby (error label?) surprise!  Just getting back into Game Boy after a rather looooong hiatus and super excited to play new things.

LMwQbD5.jpg

Oh no...dude that Kirby game is a fake (the label is horribly printed and looks nothing like the real one)!  I'm sure your SS didn't do it on purpose of course but in any event your SS had better get his money back!!

Here's an example of what a real one looks like:

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Estil
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

My secret santa was @fcgamer and he truly stole the show. I had asked for a variety of different ideas with the idea that maybe one or two things would shake out, and he went and hit a huge amount of the list, with a lot of interesting input of his own as well. Snacks, drinks, taiwanese green tea and a tea set to match (!), several very cool homebrews, a genuine taiwanese famicom original, a giant pile of extra famicom controller button inserts (fixed my famicom pads up good as new!), a stack of super famicom games (including many horse racing/derby simulators as I had hoped for), an original taiwanese switch game (!), and if that's not enough, a signed copy of his book about the history of unlicensed famicom games! (To give a sense of it all, the papers on the far-left are full-size printer pages). It's a ton of stuff! I've had a great time exploring all of the stuff he sent, and it definitely blew me away to get such a generous gift. If only I wasn't such a lousy photographer then I would have captured the display more effectively.

Spoiler

IMG_20231206_144544006().jpg.8b0abcaf1613ccda649d171bec56ba97.jpg

IMG_20231206_144601815().jpg.87972d75db475e5d61e0cd8c7e701199.jpg

IMG_20231206_144617406().jpg.a591ba4711639347b6f131f72a4edaa5.jpg

IMG_20231206_144626345().jpg.67ed077fe7a889d55b08b7507342abec.jpg

IMG_20231206_144555292().jpg.353694b870280b709d242c66921bb000.jpg

IMG_20231206_144621864().jpg.778a21a67fa6b69de8dd22d683ea1863.jpg

IMG_20231206_144608783().jpg.338559162b54ad9cc4026a15e34d9f6a.jpg

At this rate I might not even need to do secret santa next year; I'll still be busy with all the stuff I got! Once again, a huge thank you to fcgamer for his incredible generosity.

• Like 5
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2