IGNORED

Movie Debate #108: American Pie

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • You haven't seen the movie, but you're interested in watching it.
    • You have no interest in watching it.

Administrator · Posted
19 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

American Beauty?  American Movie? American Hustle?  American Gigolo?  American Gangster?  American Graffiti?  American Werewolf in London?  I swear they're not as self indulgent as they sound 😅

I'm Canadian!

And I've never seen any of those lol.

Moderator · Posted
2 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Gave it an 8.   

If it were closer to the release date I probably would have given it a 9.   Not sure if they just beat it to death with sequels or if it didn't hold up as well over time for me, but I still really like it.

Same here, still very enjoyable for me. In fact, even though the quality went down each of the original sequels, they are all enjoyable. 

7 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Thanks for the suggestion!

It's one of my favorites, and one of the few horror comedies that's actually balanced in the funny and scary.

As for American Pie, started the sex comedy trend of the aughts, not to mention a franchise where they just stuck the American Pie brand on a random movie about horny teenagers, and maybe had Eugene Levy show up for a scene or three.

Personally, I thought it was okay, better than most of the imitators, including its sequels.

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 1

This movie came out when I was in elementary school. A year or two after it cane out I had a bunch of friends over and my mom let us watch the movie. I think we were 12 at the time. As tou can imagine a bunch of 12yr old boys getting to see boobs and and a whole movie about sex, was a big deal. Im still best friends with those guys, and my mom loves to tell the story of how she talked to all the other parents and how they all agreed it was time to let us watch boob movies. 

It holds a great memory for me, but not something I would go out and watch on purpose again. So definitely a 5.

It seems like a generational defining movie though, like Porkys was 20yrs before it. The kind of movie that defines your high school years. We were just a few years too young for that to be case.

Superbad on the other hand, WAS dead in the middle of high school for me and definitely defined that era for my friends 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Movie Debate #108: American Pie