IGNORED

Movie Debate #152: Gravity

Rate it  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.
  2. 2. Next week's poll

• Grease
    • The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    • Fiddler on the Roof

I watched it, remember enjoying it quite well, and it was 100% what you'd expect. I think that's about it, nothing out of the ordinary. Could be a 7/10 maybe but it's hard to justify the text description for anything higher than a 6.

I wanted to see this one but I never got around to it.  What I do recall was Tina Fey Emceed the Oscars that year with Amy Poehler and joked "Gravity--a movie where George Clooney would rather die than spend an hour with a woman his own age!" Bahaha. I appreciated that one.

I haven't seen it yet.  Not sure that I will.  When I first heard about it, I was definitely interested, but I've watched a few different scenes on YouTube and I've mostly lost interest.  It sounds like everything that can go wrong, does go wrong for the sake of suspense and entertainment.  Meh.  

• Like 1

7/10. I remember it looks and sounds really good, and it's the dumbest space movie ever, which is saying a lot. The plot is that Sandra Bullock gets knocked off her space ship, somehow doesn't die, so she jetpacks her way over to the ISS and crashes into it, then uses a fire extinguisher to scoot on over to another space station? Like for real, that's the plot of the movie, right?

Social Team · Posted
On 3/7/2024 at 3:46 AM, DefaultGen said:

7/10. I remember it looks and sounds really good, and it's the dumbest space movie ever, which is saying a lot. The plot is that Sandra Bullock gets knocked off her space ship, somehow doesn't die, so she jetpacks her way over to the ISS and crashes into it, then uses a fire extinguisher to scoot on over to another space station? Like for real, that's the plot of the movie, right?

Was going to say you if you want to enjoy the movie you absolutely must ignore physics and reality.  Some sci-fi films I can do this and others I can't....Core

Just Say No Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I have a similar issue with military films.  I still can't believe Hurtlocker won so many awards.  That was a fucking horrible film to try and represent what it was like to be in Iraq.  I actually watched it while I was deployed in Iraq and laughed my ass off at parts of the film because of how unrealistic it was.  I can already tell you the upcoming movie "Civil War" is going to be a steaming pile of shit because nothing military wise will even be close to plausible.  And that is the backbone of the plot of the film.

Graphics Team · Posted
2 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Was going to say you if you want to enjoy the movie you absolutely must ignore physics and reality.  Some sci-fi films I can do this and others I can't....Core

I actually had to watch this movie in my high-school physics class... Our assignment was basically to tear it apart for how painfully off-base it was with regard to actual space science.

But I thought it was neat anyway. I like space stuff.

[T-Pac]

• Like 1