IGNORED

Limited Run Games

7 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

TBH I couldn’t decide if I wanted the CIB or LE version, so bought neither. It’s something pretty on the edge of my interest to begin with though. The CIBs look better than the stock black box LRG LEs but the LEs are supposed to be the premium version. I’ll probably just get the Famicom releases if I do want them in the future so I don’t have to decide between the two.

I also didn’t like the look of the big LE boxes, although I would love to read the Jeremy Parish-authored inserts and the CDs of course will probably be great. I already own the Japanese CDs though, so... 😬

9 hours ago, dvertov said:

Did anybody else grab the RIKI 8Bit NES full set, or even any of the individual CIBs? I picked up all three standard editions, since I figured it was the only way to get officially released versions of these games on quality cartridges that won't accidentally fry my console.

Oddly, it looks like they're still available as of this post although presales were supposed to end last night.

I bought a standard set and an LE set.  They look fun!

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Hmmm...Shantae GBC is showing a so called April (10 days left) release date period, and my order shows Doom 64 Switch is ready to go.

Lesson here?  Never combine orders.

The problem with not combining orders is alot more spent in shipping over time and since LRG redid their shipping policy you need a minimum of 3 switch games in an order for it to be shipped in a box, or pay an extra fee for a box with less games then that. Personally I’d rather just wait longer for an order with multiple games then be nickel and dimed to death

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Hmmm...Shantae GBC is showing a so called April (10 days left) release date period, and my order shows Doom 64 Switch is ready to go.

I always combine orders whenever possible to save shipping.  There is nothing they are selling that I need to play immediately.  

Editorials Team · Posted
12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

You could have ordered the digital version of Doom 64 for $2.50 and still come out ahead with combined shipping.

I don't need to play immediately either, but the way I figure it seeing how some stuff for people has gone.  $2 vs waiting 6-12mo to play something everyone else has because another item slipped.  Unacceptable.

And sure I could RENT one for a few dollars, tied to the system account and all that, but once that goes up in smoke (network) game is a lost cause eventually too.  I'm fine paying up to own control of it by physical means.

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I don't need to play immediately either, but the way I figure it seeing how some stuff for people has gone.  $2 vs waiting 6-12mo to play something everyone else has because another item slipped.  Unacceptable.

And sure I could RENT one for a few dollars, tied to the system account and all that, but once that goes up in smoke (network) game is a lost cause eventually too.  I'm fine paying up to own control of it by physical means.

I think what someone was suggesting is that you buy the physical in bundles, while in the meantime also getting the digital version to play sooner. Depending on the price of a particular digital game and tour buying habits, you could still be ahead monetarily vs all the costs added for shipping individuals. Even if they took the digital away you’d still have the physicals on the way anyway, just be able to play sooner.

Comparing buying three of their games:

to ship 3 games individually with boxes would be $5 shipping for each game and another $2 each assuming you want a box for transit. $21 worth of shipping vs $5 if you buy three in one order. Granted  they might not have multiple games you want at once, but if they do then I think your nuts to split them

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

Plus now that most games are available for a pre-order with a buying window of about a month, it's easier then it's ever been to combine orders.  

Well, not as easy as back when they allowed you to combine shipping on any orders not yet shipped.
It still bothers me that they removed that option, and it's eventually cost me quite a bit over the past few years, because I almost always got at least a few orders sitting at them, due to the long wait before shipping.

3 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Well, not as easy as back when they allowed you to combine shipping on any orders not yet shipped.
It still bothers me that they removed that option, and it's eventually cost me quite a bit over the past few years, because I almost always got at least a few orders sitting at them, due to the long wait before shipping.

I would definitely not have called that method "easy."  Now you just wait for several games to pop up at the same time and combine them.  It's definitely easier now.  Keeping that older method around would have been nice, but it clearly wasn't worth the effort on their side.  I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did, or that it even existed at all.  

How was that any more effort on their part than what they have now? If the games were already placed in separate packages, I get that it's more work. But when we're talking games that are all already in backorder, it really doesn't make any difference.

Genuine question, really, I don't see the difference. 🙂 

Edited by Sumez

40 minutes ago, Sumez said:

How was that any more effort on their part than what they have now? If the games were already placed in separate packages, I get that it's more work. But when we're talking games that are all already in backorder, it really doesn't make any difference.

The difference would be that they now have to do all the back end paperwork and make sure they dont screw up. They have to find the paperwork for your multiple orders, create new documents for a single shipment, make sure that is communicated to the shipping staff and that they find all your separate orders which may or may not be in the same physical area and not forget/miss something. Combining orders after the fact is a pain in the ass for a business that’s big enough to have multiple departments and people handling  information 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Some individual has to go and make a manual change in the system vs. an original order placed in the system for multiple games.  One has a much higher chance for human error along with requiring resources from an employee and the other doesn't.  I genuinely don't see how they are even comparable. 

Again, that system was a nice option to have when games had to be ordered on the day they were released, and sometimes you might order 4 different games on 4 different Friday's.  But it's an inferior system to what is offered now.  You might not be able to combine orders on different games purchased in different months, but honestly that shouldn't be necessary.  

Starhawk isn't bad but the other is definitely a qualifier for one of the worst.  I've seen and read enough on that one, you can just mash your way through and it'll punish you for trying to likely pay it as intended.  It's very very not well made so that's a surprise that got pulled for a release.