IGNORED

Limited Run Games

29 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Just go to any limited run group / sub / etc, they are already whining. I mean look at this poor soul. His brain has been fully broken by collecting / investing mania.

C12E3B36-9E71-4A11-B980-33B04CD51F03.jpeg

F97AEE42-E185-4593-9B80-DF3476C06285.jpeg

Interesting.  I follow over half a dozen social media pages dedicated to LRG or similar publishers, and while I find a lot of toxic behavior, I have yet to see anyone complain about a limited print game getting a retail release.  Most people don't care because:

• if you bought it to play it, you are already playing it and should be happy
  • if you bought it as a collector's item, you know your copy will be more valuable and you should be happy
  • if you missed buying it, you will have another chance to buy it and should be happy

The person in the example above is looks to be miss informed and I would bet new to the scene.  They clearly want an excuse to complain about LRG and they think they found one, but didn't really think it through.  

TLDR:  I've seen a lot of obnoxious/toxic behavior in this subset of the collecting community, but this example would be new to me.  

4 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Interesting.  I follow over half a dozen social media pages dedicated to LRG or similar publishers, and while I find a lot of toxic behavior, I have yet to see anyone complain about a limited print game getting a retail release.  Most people don't care because:

• if you bought it to play it, you are already playing it and should be happy
  • if you bought it as a collector's item, you know your copy will be more valuable and you should be happy
  • if you missed buying it, you will have another chance to buy it and should be happy

The person in the example above is looks to be miss informed and I would bet new to the scene.  They clearly want an excuse to complain about LRG and they think they found one, but didn't really think it through.  

TLDR:  I've seen a lot of obnoxious/toxic behavior in this subset of the collecting community, but this example would be new to me.  

This person isn't new, he's been complaining about LRG for months at least. 

I've seen this kind of sentiment in a few places. I could post another example...

5 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Also this right here would get a lot of pushback.  I saw someone arguing today that if the retail release of Blasphemous has a later version on the cart, with DLC included or whatever, then that might be the preferred version for collectors and therefore the LRG release would lose value. 

Or I've seen the argument that if a game is getting another release, then the supply isn't as limited anymore, because they don't really think of it as variant collecting, it's just about having any version possible on that console. And they think they are right, because the price does dip initially. For example, look what happened to Human Fall Flat when the anniversary edition hit retail. People aren't paying $100+ for that anymore. 

1 minute ago, MiamiSlice said:

Also this right here would get a lot of pushback.  I saw someone arguing today that if the retail release of Blasphemous has a later version on the cart, with DLC included or whatever, then that might be the preferred version for collectors and therefore the LRG release would lose value. 

Or I've seen the argument that if a game is getting another release, then the supply isn't as limited anymore, because they don't really think of it as variant collecting, it's just about having any version possible on that console. And they think they are right, because the price does dip initially. For example, look what happened to Human Fall Flat when the anniversary edition hit retail. People aren't paying $100+ for that anymore. 

This situation still wouldn't qualify as a reason to complain.  LRG has stated from the very beginning that while they will never create a second print run of any game they publish, they will also NEVER prevent the developer from creating another print with different publisher.  EVERY SINGLE PERSON buying a game from LRG knows that there may be another release from another publisher in the future, so they know the risk.  

One thing I will never lose sleep over is people buying games as investments and loosing their shirts over it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Californication said:

Star Wars Dark Forces had look up and down on the PS1, don't think that was true in the PC version.

You're making me check my bigbox for the manual.  And it does as I thought I remembered.  PGUP/DOWN to look that way, and 5 on the keypad centers view.  Also on a joystick with more advanced bits(hat) you can set that up for it as well.

Surprised to see the Doom discussion go that far, popular game (obviously.)  LRG is a mixed bag of pain and pleasure considering they can't always seem to get the crap together when setting dates, then just letting them fly right by.  But whenever it does arrive it's some pretty nicely done stuff.

I kind of wanted to pay more on Doom, but the $50 up sell from the mid to biggest box seemed like a stretch, would have liked that shadowbox but not worth $50.

6 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

You're making me check my bigbox for the manual.  And it does as I thought I remembered.  PGUP/DOWN to look that way, and 5 on the keypad centers view.  Also on a joystick with more advanced bits(hat) you can set that up for it as well.

Surprised to see the Doom discussion go that far, popular game (obviously.)  LRG is a mixed bag of pain and pleasure considering they can't always seem to get the crap together when setting dates, then just letting them fly right by.  But whenever it does arrive it's some pretty nicely done stuff.

I kind of wanted to pay more on Doom, but the $50 up sell from the mid to biggest box seemed like a stretch, would have liked that shadowbox but not worth $50.

I'll give you $20 for that red key card from the Switch version if that helps.

Edit: oh wait, you got the middle one. I read that as just the game for some reason.

Edited by Californication

Editorials Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Sumez said:

LRG are doing Dangun Feveron! I think that's the last of the current M2 ShotTriggers releases to get a physical run?

Of course, they know what they can get away with charging for it 😭, $45 for the base version, that's gotta be the most expensive LRG release so far?

Brigandine and Yooka Laylee were $60

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's what I'm debating.  I'm definitely ordering the game, but I'm trying to decide if I want to pay money for the extra stuff.  I'm guessing that I probably won't.  

Just bought Doom the classics collection, can not wait to play it on the switch!
Also just saw since i have not been getting the information i need(not being here for example)that i had missed out when they made DOS2, would have loved a physical copy of that. 

2 hours ago, Sumez said:

You can get that very easily for PS4 or Xbox anywhere, it's not a limited release. I specifically stayed clear of the Switch version knowing how awfully the game already runs on the more powerful consoles 😆

Sometimes i wish i was more PS or Xbox positive. Just can not think about getting either one 😀 

Switch loading time is still better then NeoGeoCD!

2 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

PNP doesn’t have it for some reason 😞

They have LRG stuff pop up way later at times. I picked up Samurai Shodown Neo Geo Collection for a reasonable price. Also, their prices are in Canadian so its about 20% less after conversion. Keep your eye on the site.