IGNORED

Limited Run Games

9 hours ago, Sumez said:

Doom Eternal has an easily accessible physical release with wide distribution, why would they do that one?

Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Doom: Eternal do not have physical releases on the Switch. Bethesda doesn't seem to want to pay the money for the larger Switch cartridges.

36 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

If there's no cartridge, it's not a physical release. It's a piece of plastic with artwork inside.

I'll never understand those types of releases.  Especially the ones without bonus feelies, and nothing but a case, insert and a printed piece of paper with a DLC code.  I'm not an environmentalist nut, but when you can buy DLC stuff online, why make a physical case with a code in it to begin with?! Oh well, I guess in another 5-10 years those empty cases, especially for systems like the Switch, will be nice for conditional upgrading.  Hopefully they will go for cheap.

19 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm not an environmentalist nut, but when you can buy DLC stuff online, why make a physical case with a code in it to begin with?!

I think the one reason is that older people like to give physical gifts to their children / grandchildren / etc. and so these faux physical releases are still good for gifting.

Its also a form of advertising. People see the game on shelves, then go check it out and maybe they buy it digital or physical. I will say personally, I’ve at least heard of every game that got a physical release because I’ve seen them while browsing. There’s probably a thousand games on the eShop I’ve never heard of and never will. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

Wolfenstein: Youngblood and Doom: Eternal do not have physical releases on the Switch. Bethesda doesn't seem to want to pay the money for the larger Switch cartridges.

No they do, Nintendo is being goddamn cheap and ignorant as hell.  They won't release their larger capacity Switch card they created back when the system came out.  They've capped it at 32GB for retail stuff claiming the price on the 64GB they also made was too expensive.  Maybe 4 years ago it was, but now??  They argued it would like add probably 10 to the price of the game, and people would balk at it (which they would and internet troll bitch endlessly about) being more expensive than other releases.  Bethesda, Square-Enix and others have in fact used their 32GB cards and have gotten on Nintendo's case to no good end.  If they'd grow up and use the 64GB media it would open a lot of doors given the size a double density blu-ray is, that's what's causing the hold up, can't port stuff if it won't fit.  THe few who do get ripped up over it like ROckstar having like 1/3 of the game on a card with a massive download with like LA Noire.  Bethesda specifically dumped on Nintendo with Wolfenstein because of the lack of card space, so they spited them and did the entire thing as a download.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, avatar! said:

So... anything new under the Sun?

Nope.

I mean hey, they have been since the 80s about 'withered technology' in whatever form it may be.  Gameboy with that weak LCD and z80, the old CPU of the NES, even semi-withered at the time Nvidia chipset of the Switch.  Hell they kept rehashing the Gamecube core over a period of 15 years (GC - WII - PiiU) so yeah it fits being cheap.

56 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

(Give it a listen - this is pretty spacey (as it were) - especially since it was made in 1955.)

I love stuff like this. It's very imaginative, and it's exciting to compare it with what we know to be real. Sometimes very different, sometimes strikingly similar.

• Like 1

I almost got something out of Sarge's Stockpile on Special Reserve. What a shit show. After 15 min. I got to look at my cart and somewhere in my hundred refreshes I added a second game in addition to Enter the Gungeon Ammonicom. The second game was sold out, by the time i removed it from my cart Enter the Gungeon was sold out.

1 hour ago, Californication said:

I almost got something out of Sarge's Stockpile on Special Reserve. What a shit show. After 15 min. I got to look at my cart and somewhere in my hundred refreshes I added a second game in addition to Enter the Gungeon Ammonicom. The second game was sold out, by the time i removed it from my cart Enter the Gungeon was sold out.

I have been looking forward to this sale for weeks. Somehow, today, I completely forgot about it. I have no idea what went wrong in my brain. Was really busy with work today and just didn't even realize it until I saw your reply. Sigh. 

I really need cover art for my copy of The Messenger... the one I have is damaged. SRG had a sale a while back of just the cover art but it was a bunch of different inserts for just a little too much $$$ and I thought "I'll just try to buy the exact one I need off someone later" and apparently that entire stock was sold to a hoarder because I have yet to find anyone that actually has these. 

Anyway what I'm trying to say is if someone nabbed The Messenger or has one of those cover arts + manual let me know. 

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

I have been looking forward to this sale for weeks. Somehow, today, I completely forgot about it. I have no idea what went wrong in my brain. Was really busy with work today and just didn't even realize it until I saw your reply. Sigh. 

I really need cover art for my copy of The Messenger... the one I have is damaged. SRG had a sale a while back of just the cover art but it was a bunch of different inserts for just a little too much $$$ and I thought "I'll just try to buy the exact one I need off someone later" and apparently that entire stock was sold to a hoarder because I have yet to find anyone that actually has these. 

Anyway what I'm trying to say is if someone nabbed The Messenger or has one of those cover arts + manual let me know. 

Are you saying it's hard to find a Special Reserve version of The Messenger or just the loose art? I have a sealed copy, though it's not for sale, and was wondering if people viewed it as harder to find.

Edited by Code Monkey

6 minutes ago, avatar! said:

ha, looks like SRG is finally going to sell out of their Absolver bundles 🙂

I have to say, it's pretty cool (wearable mask) and a good deal actually

Screenshot-from-2021-02-12-16-21-13.png

Less than 10 left? I always wonder when people don't seem to know the difference between "less than" and "fewer than." It looks very unprofessional and I'm surprised nobody there noticed it.