IGNORED

Limited Run Games

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

So is LRG talking yet about their failure to make 2020 on Doom 64 switch and Shantae GBC?  I was expecting them especially with the slam they did in the last 6 weeks of the year stuffing out so much backlog.

I ordered Doom but haven't heard anything.I bundled it with 3 other Shantae Switch games but I think those are in stock already.

I just got a shipping notice for games I ordered back in April 2020 (Star Wars: Jedi Knight bundle).  I've always gotten my games from them, even if it takes forever.  I had them email me once when a t-shirt order couldn't be fulfilled, and they refunded me just fine.  It's frustrating, but I basically order from them and then just forget about it (not necessarily on purpose), and then when stuff shows up, it's like my birthday!

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

So is LRG talking yet about their failure to make 2020 on Doom 64 switch and Shantae GBC?  I was expecting them especially with the slam they did in the last 6 weeks of the year stuffing out so much backlog.

Shantae GBC was always scheduled for first quarter of 2021.

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Isn't this par for the course for LRG?

I usually have to wait for a year or even more for any game I preorder from them. I wish it would change, so you don't have preorders that far in advance, but as long as they are getting away with it, they don't really have any reason to change the model.

Edited by Sumez

Editorials Team · Posted

@Tanooki You're constantly setting yourself up to fail by expecting every order you make to arrive by any sort of set timeline.

Order and forget.  That's my advice.  Or just buy it digital if you're in a hurry to play it.  Hell it was just on sale for a few bucks.

26 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@Tanooki You're constantly setting yourself up to fail by expecting every order you make to arrive by any sort of set timeline.

Order and forget.  That's my advice.  Or just buy it digital if you're in a hurry to play it.  Hell it was just on sale for a few bucks.

This is good advice.  I tend to wait even longer because I try to combine as many games into a single order as possible to save on shipping, which means I have to wait on all of them until every game is available to ship.  I don't understand the issue with waiting.  Most of us have plenty of games to play while we wait.  I wish the turn around time was quicker, but a long wait time is still better than digital only.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reed Rothchild said:

@TDIRunner Yeah, same.  I'll get my Grandia and Atooi whenever all the other games are ready.  Which is fine because it may be two years until I get to them

I just got my Grandia and Atooi games last week, so yours might be there soon.  I also had Return of the Obra Dinn on the same order.  I'm not sure which game took the longest to get in hand, but I know it wasn't Atooi.  I saw others who ordered just that game receiving it a long time ago.  I'm guessing Grandia was probably the hold up since it was a pre-order and those tend to take a little longer than the smaller batches.  

Editorials Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I just got my Grandia and Atooi games last week, so yours might be there soon.  I also had Return of the Obra Dinn on the same order.  I'm not sure which game took the longest to get in hand, but I know it wasn't Atooi.  I saw others who ordered just that game receiving it a long time ago.  I'm guessing Grandia was probably the hold up since it was a pre-order and those tend to take a little longer than the smaller batches.  

I had those plus Carrion.  Which, ironically, I'll probably try to move.

10 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Eh I'm not in a hurry.  It's not like I don't have access to either game, well mostly, I still have my old Doom 64 cart.  Last year was a strange one, they got a run of stuff I actually wasn't willing to ignore them over for once.

10 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I just got my Grandia and Atooi games last week, so yours might be there soon.  I also had Return of the Obra Dinn on the same order. 

What? Are you telling me you already received Obra Dinn? How is that possible when the game is still marked as being "in production" on their site?

I've never had to wait more than a few days between shipping notification and game in hand.  

I've never bought a single CE from LRG.  I don't understand what people do with that extra stuff, whether high quality or not.  I like physical games, but that's about it.  I don't want the other crap.  

Editorials Team · Posted
On 2/4/2021 at 1:20 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

@TDIRunner Yeah, same.  I'll get my Grandia and Atooi whenever all the other games are ready.  Which is fine because it may be two years until I get to them

...and speak of the devil.  It just shipped.  Who wants to buy Carrion? 😛