IGNORED

Limited Run Games

8 hours ago, Tabonga said:

Link won't work for me because I'm in a different country. What should I Google to see it?

3 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Link won't work for me because I'm in a different country. What should I Google to see it?

just google gamestop and go to their website -then type in "hidden objects" and it should com up.

There was also a site in the uk where you could order it - don't remember the name though.

Maybe I'm dumb, maybe I'll regret this, but even if Hidden Objects Collection is a GameStop exclusive, one-print-only, blah blah I think I could see it dropping to $19.99 eventually. 

Also I wish we could get some hidden object games that don't have cringey murder mystery / dark magic fantasy storylines, but oh well. 

2 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Also I wish we could get some hidden object games that don't have cringey murder mystery / dark magic fantasy storylines, but oh well. 

You might like Echo Night for the PS1. It is usually listed as a horror game but it really isn't.  It is a slow paced mystery/puzzle game where you interact with ghosts on a spectral oceanliner to figure out the story.  Nothing particularly scary about it - the ghosts just make a handy way to frame  the storyline.  The ending is at odds though as it totally changes the gameplay to a timed race to exit the ship.

Edited by Tabonga

17 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

You might like Echo Night for the PS1. It is usually listed as a horror game but it really isn't.  It is a slow paced mystery/puzzle game where you interact with ghosts on a spectral oceanliner to figure out the story.  Nothing particularly scary about it - the ghosts just make a handy way to frame  the storyline.  The ending is at odds though as it totally changes the gameplay to a timed race to exit the ship.

Thank you I will check it out!

On 7/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, TDIRunner said:

Not sure if we've already discussed this or not, but this came up on Facebook yesterday.  If you still have any of the rewards tickets from the early days of LRG, you need to submit them before November.  While the rewards program has been gone for a few years now, they have continued to allow us to submit the tickets for rewards.  It sounds like they are finally going to shut that program down for good.  I was only able to get 30 before the stopped the tickets, so unfortunately, I can't get a free game, but I have enough to get a soundtrack and some stickers.

If you still have tickets, you can read the instructions to redeem them here:  https://limitedrungames.com/pages/rewards

Wow. I sent them 40 tickets with the form for a free game back in January. They refuse to process it. LRG support is terrible, all I kept getting from them is "we'll get back to you soon on this" ..... it's now been over 7 months and I can't get a straight answer from them!

11 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Maybe I'm dumb, maybe I'll regret this, but even if Hidden Objects Collection is a GameStop exclusive, one-print-only, blah blah I think I could see it dropping to $19.99 eventually. 

Or, you know, going up to $199.99. It's impossible to tell, but if it's really going to be very limited I would imagine it has a much better chance of becoming a niche collector's item then going in the bargain bin. Then again, I've been wrong before...

Looks like it isn't just at Gamestop. Ozgameshop have it for pre order https://www.ozgameshop.com/nintendo-switch-games/hidden-objects-collection-nintendo-switch-game?gclid=eaiaiqobchmizykmkn7d6givmxwrch2vwg5neaqyayabeglqevd_bwe

I think with the Switch being region free it's going to be harder for these types of games to become valuable like previous systems. I think the LRG & SRG will probably end up being more valuable simply due to the fact that a lot have capped print runs so in theory only x amount of people will ever be able to own a physical version of the game.

5 hours ago, Shmup said:

Looks like it isn't just at Gamestop. Ozgameshop have it for pre order https://www.ozgameshop.com/nintendo-switch-games/hidden-objects-collection-nintendo-switch-game?gclid=eaiaiqobchmizykmkn7d6givmxwrch2vwg5neaqyayabeglqevd_bwe

I think with the Switch being region free it's going to be harder for these types of games to become valuable like previous systems. I think the LRG & SRG will probably end up being more valuable simply due to the fact that a lot have capped print runs so in theory only x amount of people will ever be able to own a physical version of the game.

I wonder if they are piggy backing their pre-orders on Gamestop - they want $18 more than Gamestop does (and I thought Gamestop liked to gouge)  They are doing free shipping - but so does Gamestop on this.

Edited by Tabonga

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

That's what I'm saying, there's no purchase limit! One person could buy all of them in a single transaction. 

That's definitely not their standard, or at least that's a new thing then. They used to have a very strict limit...

Also thanks for the heads-up on Obra Dinn!

3 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

That's what I'm saying, there's no purchase limit! One person could buy all of them in a single transaction. 

That might be a typo. Maybe not, but perhaps. There is no limit for the regular edition, so possibly someone just copied text and forgot to remove that bit. Otherwise, yeah, it would be pretty asinine of them to allow someone to just purchase all the copies and then sell them at 3-4 times the cost.