IGNORED

Limited Run Games

7 hours ago, Sumez said:

I don't understand why that is funny?

Isn't it just a good thing?

I mean aside from the fact that Fangamer is the worst company to import from, but it's still better than nothing.

Sometimes I laugh about something and no one else laughs and I just accept that I have a weird sense of humor 

17 hours ago, greenthunder said:

As far as I can tell the non exclusivity thing is true, just very few developers choose to have another run printed by someone else for whatever reason, whether it be the game isn't popular enough, the developers don't want to do more prints or anything in between.

I think for most developers they would be happy to do another printing if another publisher came along and was willing to do it, but these are niche games from niche developers so that's that. I think the only exception is Matt Bozon & Wayforward, they seem to have a really good relationship with LRG and don't seem to want to publish the Shantae games with anyone else. 

@Tabonga that last line threw me off.  Is there a limited edition at playasia which has switch and gameboy?  Or is it just gameboy through the troubles of LRG?  The game looks kind of interesting to me, but then again so did Hime's Quest but I never could dig up enough to see if it was lame fan service or actually functionally great to play.

5 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

@Tabonga that last line threw me off.  Is there a limited edition at playasia which has switch and gameboy?  Or is it just gameboy through the troubles of LRG?  The game looks kind of interesting to me, but then again so did Hime's Quest but I never could dig up enough to see if it was lame fan service or actually functionally great to play.

Yeah - the limited edition at PlayAsia (which is still available) has both the switch and gameboy versions along with some other goodies.

https://www.play-asia.com/melon-journey-bittersweet-memories-limited-edition-english/13/70fq2z

Anyone else get a shipping sticker shock from Strictly Limited Games recently? 

A year or so ago when I ordered Deathsmiles from them I paid $10 for shipping. 

Today I got quoted $25 shipping for Osman. No, I did not place an order for it due to this.

Edited by mrbogus
  • Wow! 1

That's messed up.  I know there is some level of inflation, but something like that is on par with the doubling the shipping costs analogue has done since sometime last year.  What used to be like $10-15 shipped for a small part is now $30 for something that's not much more than the weight of a gameboy cartridge.  Needless to say I wasn't going to drop $60 shipped on a GG adapter for the pocket, they lost my business.

Administrator · Posted
46 minutes ago, mrbogus said:

Anyone else get a shipping sticker shock from Strictly Limited Games recently? 

A year or so ago when I ordered Deathsmiles from them I paid $10 for shipping. 

Today I got quoted $25 shipping for Osman. No, I did not place an order for it due to this.

I'm regularly charged $50-100+ for shipping, after all is said and done.

• Sad 2

On 1/26/2023 at 7:47 PM, Tabonga said:

Schadenfreude is basically a form of black humor and as such goes over many people's recognition.

What does the game being available to buy again has to do with schadenfreude though? This is something that is only good to people. That's why I'm confused.

29 minutes ago, Sumez said:

What does the game being available to buy again has to do with schadenfreude though? This is something that is only good to people. That's why I'm confused.

This is good for people who want to buy the game to actually play it.  The previous copies were selling for way too much and the scalpers were more than willing to feed the frenzy.  The availablity of new copies means the people who were in  the feeding frenzy (and those who were throwing the chum in the water) are now holding "assets" that have suddenly been largely devalued.   So the joke is on them.

Edited by Tabonga

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, Sumez said:

Presumably schadenfreude towards anyone paying a heavily marked up price on the resell market, which is about to crater.

I feel like anyone paying a lot for an OOP title on current gen should know the risk.

Like the guys who were paying $200+ for Ryza.  They probably feel pretty silly by now.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
15 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Hmm I've bought a few aftermarket LRG games, they didn't cost me any more than buying it new directly from the source would have 😄

There's way too many sellers for those games and barely anyone buying. 

Yeah I think most of them are not profitable because there's too many speculative buyers flooding the market.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

On Christmas Eve, I ordered all four of the 'Works' books from LRG, all 4 have been showing as 'ready' at least a month (started checking when I noticed I hadn't received a shipping notice), but the order is still sitting there waiting to be shipped. 13 days ago, I sent a support ticket request for some information on a shipping timeline since everything is ready, but have yet to receive a response.

With the games, I just order and put it out of my mind, but these books are in stock, so this is my first experience with this kind of issue as it relates to LRG. I just sent in a reply - to their confirmation email of my original support request - as a followup, but am I ever missing being able to speak to a person since; maybe it's just me, but I always feel like support requests by email are ignored and there's a certain catharsis in talking to a person about an issue (regardless of how effectual they actually are).

Those NES Works books look awesome, and I felt confident in getting them since the Game Boy books are so great.

1 hour ago, Renmauzo said:

On Christmas Eve, I ordered all four of the 'Works' books from LRG, all 4 have been showing as 'ready' at least a month (started checking when I noticed I hadn't received a shipping notice), but the order is still sitting there waiting to be shipped. 13 days ago, I sent a support ticket request for some information on a shipping timeline since everything is ready, but have yet to receive a response.

With the games, I just order and put it out of my mind, but these books are in stock, so this is my first experience with this kind of issue as it relates to LRG. I just sent in a reply - to their confirmation email of my original support request - as a followup, but am I ever missing being able to speak to a person since; maybe it's just me, but I always feel like support requests by email are ignored and there's a certain catharsis in talking to a person about an issue (regardless of how effectual they actually are).

Those NES Works books look awesome, and I felt confident in getting them since the Game Boy books are so great.

I received NES Works 1987 and it's a beauty! You'll be very happy when it does arrive - and unlike say amazon, they do actually package the books well so they will arrive without big ol' dings! My experience with LRG customer service is that when it comes to any order you place, they will respond quickly and you will be satisfied. I once (only once, knock on wood) had a package stolen. They refunded my money. It was technically delivered, but I never received it. That said, I've ordered many thousands of dollars worth of items from them, so I'm sure they could see my history and it wasn't a huge loss. All in all, I do think they offer good customer service, certainly better than many big businesses. That's my experience. All things considered, I agree it would be nice to speak to an actual person, but I can also understand why it's more frugal and arguably perhaps even "easier" to do things via email.

• Thanks 1