IGNORED

Limited Run Games

5 hours ago, Tanooki said:

2+ years is disgraceful.  Shame you can't take them to court or something for crap like that, basically taking money and just getting around to the end whenever it's convenient.

They can't (and don't) actually take the money before shipping the item though. Because that would be illegal, yes. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Anyone else partake in the LRG madness today? After last year’s fiasco of Shantae madness and them actually providing a refund I got Castlevania and a couple of blind box soundtracks. I wasn’t really interested in anything else but missed out on that when they sold it.

All I attempted to get was Fata Morgana and the shipping glitch prevented me from thay

8 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Anyone else partake in the LRG madness today? After last year’s fiasco of Shantae madness and them actually providing a refund I got Castlevania and a couple of blind box soundtracks. I wasn’t really interested in anything else but missed out on that when they sold it.

I just wanted one thing and I put it my order less than a minute after they opened up.   There were about 1300 orders ahead of mine in the queue.  Since I was after a really old CE I didn't have a shot at getting one.

Editorials Team · Posted
10 hours ago, Sumez said:

They can't (and don't) actually take the money before shipping the item though. Because that would be illegal, yes. 

Must not be illegal here.

Also, Night in the Woods is up, years later.  Guess that was sorted out, or enough time had passed since things went down...

And Jamestown+ stealth dropped.

15 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Like many others I was hit with the shipping bug after going through the queue. But there wasn’t anything specific I was after anyway. I did my usual gamble on 2 CE blind boxes and called it a day. 

27 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Like many others I was hit with the shipping bug after going through the queue. But there wasn’t anything specific I was after anyway. I did my usual gamble on 2 CE blind boxes and called it a day. 

How are you feeling on the odds on those? I was joking to a friend it was gonna be 90:10 Holy Potatoes compendium to everything else, but now that I'm looking again they seemed to have removed it from the list of possibilities (assuming you got two Switch ones).

Said friend somehow had smooth sailing during the sale and picked up a copy of Return of the Obra Dinn for me. I'd have gone for a soundtrack blind box or two if they had actually listed what the possible contents were.

33 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

Like many others I was hit with the shipping bug after going through the queue.

9 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

All I attempted to get was Fata Morgana and the shipping glitch prevented me from thay

Got the glitch as well! So ridiculously embarassing. I did get two of the games I wanted, but missed out on Outer Wilds.

With the overhead of shipping, I barely saved anything on the two I got, compared to the aftermarket, but whatever 😄 

8 minutes ago, greenthunder said:

How are you feeling on the odds on those? I was joking to a friend it was gonna be 90:10 Holy Potatoes compendium to everything else, but now that I'm looking again they seemed to have removed it from the list of possibilities (assuming you got two Switch ones).

I’m not super confident but with Jumanji not in the mix it can’t be that bad 

18 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

Grabbed a copy of Infernax which I missed the first time around. Going rate is $60 on ebay, so $35 seemed like a good deal. I was hoping to grab a copy of Turok, but those sold out way before I had a chance to snag one.

39 minutes ago, greenthunder said:

Would've considered it, unfortunately they only had the PS4 ces and no Switch ones. Is the book a novelization of the game or a replication of an ingame book?

It is more of a log for the ship - provides additional story.  You can the book by itself for around $20 on ebay.

I passed on the LRG thing this year after getting a bit hosed on it last go around.  Almost pulled the trigger on that Kunio/Double Dragon bit, but I just figured it would end up rotting on a shelf.  I did look, shame it never made it to PC which seems like a real dumb move on the developers part.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 12:42 AM, Sumez said:

On 1/3/2023 at 11:03 AM, Reed Rothchild said:

Must not be illegal here.

Also, Night in the Woods is up, years later.  Guess that was sorted out, or enough time had passed since things went down...

And Jamestown+ stealth dropped.

On 1/3/2023 at 11:44 AM, Tabonga said:

It is hard to imagine kickstarter projects being viable with any such proscription.

On 1/3/2023 at 2:07 PM, Sumez said:

SLG aren't from there 😅 They are from one of many decent first-world countries where consumers have rights 😄 

I'm currently writing some financial transaction software. What actually happens is the company puts a pre-authorization on your account which makes it look like the money was taken out but the acquirer doesn't actually transfer the funds to the merchant until the item is shipped. Taking money from the consumer prior to shipping out their item is indeed illegal in North America.

Once the item is shipped, the pre-authorization is converted to a sale using a stored token related to the transaction.

• Agree 1