IGNORED

What single game have you played to completion the most often?

4 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

@TDIRunner i have a ton of hours on mgs as well. maybe 1/3 of them on that pizza hut demo of the first stage that ends as soon as you enter the air duct...

I was specifically referring to MSG4, but now that I think about it, MGS on PS1 is probably on the list of games I've completed more than any other.  I wish there was a way I could tell for sure which game is number 1 for me.  

Edited by TDIRunner
  • Like 2

My guess due to age, availability, and lack of funds to buy so many more games over those years, not to mention the amount of re-releases by Nintendo it would be Super Mario Bros.  I know I dipped heaps of hours into other stuff like Tetris, but I think SMB1 still tops it easily.  I got my system in the test launch period so I had those two in the box, Hogan's Alley and SMB1 under the tree, and Mario was the one that was the most playable and re-playable given the design of it.  Gyromite was not bad, but slow, and blasting away at ducks and perps gets stale after awhile.

• Like 2

For me, either Tecmo Super Bowl or Final Fantasy on NES.  I play through TSB a couple times a year with random different teams, and have been doing so for three decades; and with FF, I've beaten it with all 15 no-repeat member parties, and with all six four-of-a-kind parties, and with all six solo characters, and many random other parties, like power house low level/speed parties (Fi,Fi,Rm,Rm for a level 12 completion), and I continue to replay it with random different parties a couple times a year.  And, since I'm a super ocd weirdo, I've recorded the particulars of every FF game I've ever played.  Phew....

• Like 1

I'd wager I've beaten Castlevania more than 100 times, although I haven't kept track. Got it new more than 30 years ago and have played it through often, including on other formats (GBA re-release, Switch CV collection game, etc.). After that it's hard to say, perhaps NBA Hangtime, Contra, Super C, Mega Man 2 and DuckTales would all be close.

• Like 2

Excluding the obvious SMB1, it is going to be either Legend of Zelda or Mega Man 2.  They were the 2nd and 3rd NES games I had back-in-the-day after the pack-in -- and both are good enough to justify replay over the years.

As many times as I STARTED a new game of Final Fantasy or one of the Dragon Warriors -- I definitely only invested the time to BEAT THEM once or twice.  (my dad, on the other hand, had a GBC cartridge of DQ 1&2 that he numbered his player-name, and I think he got up to 35 time through each of those at some point :P)

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 2

Mario 64. I've played it to completion every year for what's nearing a decade. It can be a bit rough around the edges at some parts yes, but I think that's part of why I enjoy it so much. It has a charm to it that I can't find in many other games. First played it in 2012 on the Wii VC (I know, but I wasn't around when N64 was big so hopefully that's a pass). Played it since on N64 a couple times, the DS (if you count that as the same thing), the WiiU VC, and 3D All-Stars. Fantastic game. 

• Like 1

Probably TMNT IV: Turtles in Time for SNES.

I've played a ton of Super Mario World and Mega Man X, but with TMNT being so short, I feel like that's probably the one I've beaten the most times.

(After all, a full play through is what, like a half hour and some change?)

• Like 2