IGNORED

PS5

On 5/30/2020 at 10:14 AM, ThePhleo said:

Glad they ditched the two tone controller. Nice for a special edition, but I don’t like it for the initial release.

*looks at Nintendo Switch joycons*

Unfortunately it's still the black and white controller, it just looks really dark due to the lighting. Some people adjusted the lighting and looked at other marketing material to confirm. The SpaceX/Oblivion PS5 controller appears to remain the default.

So we get a glimpse of the top half of the controller anyway.  I will say I was disappointed with how the relatively bland PS4 looked compared to the sleek sexy shiny black original PS3.  But like I've said before video game consoles and other electronics are like people, it's what's inside that counts! 

53 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

I’m getting it just for Stray.

Returnal looks rad too though.

Returnal looked cool not sure it is suppose to be a rogue-like or more story based.  Combat looked like an amped up Mass Effect.  Looks tight.

Bunch of sci-fi/fantasy/trippy stuff that looked interesting, moving away from gritty realistic stuff.

Edited by fox

I'm just now getting caught up and I have a lot to watch, but I find it interesting that they are now acknowledging the failure of Gran Turismo Sport and calling the next one Gran Turismo 7.  It doesn't make me feel any better about how disappointing Sport was, but at least the next installment might be an actual racing game (hopefully).   

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Whether you like or hate the look, you can't deny that it looks a million times better than any console from the current gen.  

I'll deny it, personally. Any one of the current gen consoles looks a million times better than that thing IMO.

• Like 2

Homebrew Team · Posted

That was one ugly POS.  

Regarding the games, visually they look good, but the majority of all the trailers were cut scenes.  That cool and all, but doesn't mean as much as gameplay to me.  Solar Ash was interesting though.

• Like 4

Yep I think the look will be an acquired taste for your living room, my PS4 Pro looks cleaner and sleek IMO.

This reminds me far too much of the new Honda Civic Type R - which is just an eyesore with a sweet ass drivetrain.

Was underwhelmed with the game presentation - so many titles that lacked everything in the graphics dept. 

GT7 and RE8 look great though, but not enough for day 1 consideration - I think I'll actually sit this one out and enjoy my PS4 backlog.

EDIT - comparatively, the new Xbox looks waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better.

Edited by Boosted52405
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cartman said:

They're laying the groundwork for a digital-only future and accustoming people to not even ask for it! This is fucking terrible.

Microsoft did an all digital Xbox One before Sony did this.

Trust me, from a guy that prefers physical, the all digital future is unfortunately inevitable.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I skipped PS4 because we had so many children.  I might get a PS5 just to play remasters of games I missed.

But part of me just wants to set an arbitrary cutoff and focus on games for the existing era(s) for the rest of my life.  Maybe the PS5/Switch would be that cutoff, I dunno.  But I feel like there is already a couple lifetimes worth of games already out.  And how many incrementally newer Naughty Dog games do I really need anyway?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Microsoft did an all digital Xbox One before Sony did this.

Trust me, from a guy that prefers physical, the all digital future is unfortunately inevitable.

Yeah i guess. But it's still demoralising when they shove it so directly in your face☹️

I thought the presentation was pretty underwhelming and the console design is terrible. I really thought they were going to bring it hard after how much flak Microsoft took for all the pre-rendered stuff. And why were there so many family games? I have no problem with cutesy graphics and I'll play anything if it's good, but it looked like almost everything was from an indie studio.

The only thing that was mildly interesting was the new Horizon game, but I haven't even played the original. I've been too afraid that it's just another open world checklist game with a nice coat of paint.

I don't know why we get so hyped for these console reveals when the launch stuff is usually predictably generic. I guess I just hope they will show a new type of game rather than the same games we've been playing forever with updated graphics. Although honestly, the graphics were not particularly impressive in any of the games they showed. They all looked current gen.

P.S. I thought it was cool that they snuck an all-digital console in there at the end. It's a great option for a lot of people and I may consider it. As @Reed Rothchild mentioned, I want to cut off my physical purchases at some point and this may be the generation. I'm sick of accumulating more crap. The actual game's not even in the case anymore and they don't even come with manuals for God's sake.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1