IGNORED

PS5

7 hours ago, Estil said:

What I mean is that these are hobbies where you try to make as nice a collection as you can.  In the case of video games, it doesn't really count if they're just digital downloads.  Just like how having pictures of baseball cards saved on my computer doesn't count for anything.

The vast, vast majority of gamers aren't in it to collect games. They just want to shoot you in the face with a machine gun.

8 hours ago, Estil said:

What I mean is that these are hobbies where you try to make as nice a collection as you can.  In the case of video games, it doesn't really count if they're just digital downloads.  Just like how having pictures of baseball cards saved on my computer doesn't count for anything.

As others have noted I think it's great there are different options for different folk. In fact, I can see people building a digital collection of games --- why not if that's what you enjoy? Consider the NES and SNES Classic etc. those are basically nothing but a collection of digital games in a nice shell, not really different in my mind than having a PS5 full of digital games. My only question would be do you need to verify your account online or some such before playing the games? If that's the case, then I would argue you really don't own the game. That said, I know at least some companies, such as GOG, when you download the game you own it forever and there's no online verification or any such DRM. All that said, I do agree with you that at least here at VGS I'm sure most people like having CIB games for their collection, but honestly I can see the advantages of a nice digital collection too. 

There was a recent leak from Microsoft about the next revision of the XBOX Series going completely digital in both the X and S versions.

Apparently it was an old source, and they quickly denied that was going to be the case, but it's definitely coming sooner or later...

It's very possible the next generation of XBOX and the PS6 launch with no disc options at all.

13 hours ago, Sumez said:

No, video games is a hobby where you try to play games that you enjoy to have a fun time. Do you actually think the majority of people playing PS5 games want to "build as nice a collection as they can"? 😄 

Well there's people that try to build as nice a collection of NES games or SNES games or whatnot...so why the heck not PS5?  Though I'd think most would want to do the previous gens first...

• Confused 1

On 10/18/2023 at 2:29 PM, avatar! said:

Yeah, this is officially from Sony, so it's part of the new shell casings. Not going to lie, it is definitely preferable over just a white...

Colors Satisfying GIF

Video game consoles are like people though...it's what's inside that counts!

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

There was a recent leak from Microsoft about the next revision of the XBOX Series going completely digital in both the X and S versions.

Apparently it was an old source, and they quickly denied that was going to be the case, but it's definitely coming sooner or later...

It's very possible the next generation of XBOX and the PS6 launch with no disc options at all.

That's a whole lot of games I will never play. I guess I never will need to worry about frog dick when it comes to those consoles! 😜

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
4 hours ago, Estil said:

Well there's people that try to build as nice a collection of NES games or SNES games or whatnot...so why the heck not PS5?  Though I'd think most would want to do the previous gens first...

Because losers like our lot are gross exceptions to the norm

Your average normie wants to live in a house that looks like no one lives there 😄

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Because losers like our lot are gross exceptions to the norm

Your average normie wants to live in a house that looks like no one lives there 😄

They play games and then trade them back in for trade credit…crazy! You gotta hoard those Nintendo tapes buddy!

Edited by a3quit4s

3 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

They play games and then trade them back in for trade credit…crazy! You gotta hoard those Nintendo tapes buddy!

You know how in my other main hobby you hear horror stories of kids from the 50s/60s whose moms threw out their baseball cards and they had Mickey Mantles and big rookie cards and such?  Well we had that in video games!  They traded off their old system/games for cheap to put towards the new system...who knows if there games in those trade-ins like Cowboy Kid (I let that one go cheap way back when; how stupid of me!!) or MegaMan X3 or Harvest Moon or Crono Trigger or whatnot!!

7 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Unless you had Christmas or a birthday coming up.  Trading/selling games was the only way you got new games.  Hoarding old games was a luxury.

Cowboy Kid is awesome.  Goemon goes Wild West hell yeah.