IGNORED

Post your Holy Grail Item!

Jason

Might just have to get Deniz and Kenneth to fly out here and grade my Matte Sticker.  Only opened once sticker still 100% intact (it was stuck to the inner flap with no damage to box or sticker), unpunched hangtab, immaculate in every way box.  Best copy I’ve ever seen of all the ones that have passed through my hands.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 5

5 hours ago, Braveheart69 said:

Might just have to get Deniz and Kenneth to fly out here and grade my Matte Sticker.  Only opened once sticker still 100% intact (it was stuck to the inner flap with no damage to box or sticker), unpunched hangtab, immaculate in every way box.  Best copy I’ve ever seen of all the ones that have passed through my hands.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yeah come on man, I know you have the custom shelving for VGA games but if there was ever one game in your collection to grade, that would be it.  Just get around to it already 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonebone said:

Yeah come on man, I know you have the custom shelving for VGA games but if there was ever one game in your collection to grade, that would be it.  Just get around to it already 🙂

VGA > Wata? 

Wata doesn't flow like water, more like diarreah if you ask me.

18 hours ago, Braveheart69 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Either that or just sell it to me so I can upgrade mine. That's an amazing copy!

Meant to post this before but didn´t have the pics uploaded.

While my favorite franchise is Shin Megami Tensei, my favorite RPG ever is actually Valkyrie Profile. I have a few collectibles of the series, but the japanese LE for the first game is my personal grail as it is very hard to find in this condition.

50215637108_c62591a297_z.jpg50215636913_9d0889542c_z.jpg

50216291381_d8691cdd15_z.jpg

I also managed to get this (not very fond of VGA grading but got a good deal a few years ago)

50202415076_36720c9220_z.jpg50202680002_c871fd2f62_z.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

Just got to part of my collection. Wondering what you guys think I should do about the Outback Joey cart, it’s part of the entire console system but would it increase the value if I graded the cart separately and just include it with the complete console system? It’s in way better condition than the one on eBay and the one sold a few years ago.

2275FC7A-5CF7-41F3-BCD7-10209F87199E.jpeg

2E3401D3-572F-433A-8D21-5C06852071B4.jpeg

975769C8-AE9A-4FF1-927F-9D84902072AE.jpeg

121589C8-517B-43B4-8E95-E24AC6D5AD46.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wow! 5
  • Love 2

On 8/29/2020 at 1:10 AM, Braveheart69 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Black boxy pan that camera out! Such a tease 🦵🦵🦵

On 9/6/2020 at 2:11 AM, Tbowl said:

Just got to part of my collection. Wondering what you guys think I should do about the Outback Joey cart, it’s part of the entire console system but would it increase the value if I graded the cart separately and just include it with the complete console system? It’s in way better condition than the one on eBay and the one sold a few years ago.

2275FC7A-5CF7-41F3-BCD7-10209F87199E.jpeg

That's dope! 😱

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

A few months ago I posted about how I was still missing one of my most-wished for games. Well, now I kind of got it! Here is Fire Emblem Thracia 776 on a SF Memory Cartridge. Unfortunately it doesn't have some of the nice goodies and artwork that other versions of this game have. But at least it's a legit copy of the game on original hardware! Now along with Super Famicom Wars these are my most prized possessions.

Fire Emblem Thracia.jpg

Fire Emblem Thracia 776.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

It’s hard for me to pick a single “grail” in my collection, but here are a few things that mean the most to me personally.

1) I purchased this copy of Keio used in 1994 for $15 from my rental store in my college town. (Because of the way they rented things, I think the only thing I had to do was remove some light marker from the top of the disc) While I’m pleased with how much it’s gone up in value over the years, I’m more happy about being able to play it for all these years since it’s one of my favorite games on the platform, bad acting and all. Also, based on how few people on campus owned Sega CDs at the time and how quickly they sold it off, I may have been the only person who ever rented it.

2) I’m both a fan of Working Designs and Lunar, so I was thrilled to find plush Nalls for sale when I stopped by Game Arts’ TGS booth in 1999. He guards my Sega collection to this day.

3) A friend of mine decided years ago to relocate to Japan permanently, and asked me to help him sell off a good chunk of his massive game collection. In return, I got some of the proceeds and first dibs on a few choice items. His boxed Wonder Mega (barely used prior to several years ago) was at the top of this list for me.

4) I lucked into a handful of Genesis prototypes and test cartridges a few years ago. Devilish is the standout amongst these for me: I don’t think there are any differences from the final US release (apart from some text on the title screen), but the soundtrack by Hitoshi Sakimoto is one of my favorites across the entire platform, so it’s amazing to have this in my collection.

5) I have a few arcade cabs, but never in my wildest dreams did I believe I’d own Gauntlet someday! Long story short: A friend of a friend owned a storage unit facility and needed one in particular cleared out since the owner hadn’t paid on it in three years. A few friends and myself walked away with cabs in great shape for all of $60 apiece. It’s not in perfect shape (it has some burn-in that’s not visible during gameplay and needs one of its control wiring harnesses replaced), but it still runs like a charm 36 years after it was made.

AE80A8D1-3EBF-4C67-A7AC-7D02F9D9565A.jpeg

1BCAC418-FE8B-4BA4-B9B3-1842C1DA243C.jpeg

647E2FA5-6685-4C51-9E7A-7A908105F3F7.jpeg

C905EFA3-816D-41CF-9DDA-AA9ED420FC6B.jpeg

29461B1A-FF98-465A-8320-10D6C2BC2532.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 4
  • Love 1

This one's a bit tough, but if I had to make one choice it would be my childhood played CIB copy of Final Fantasy VIII for PS1. I know it's not very valuable, but it is very significant to me for many personal reasons, which I can't really explain. If I had to pick another item not necessarily for value or rarity but just something I really like from my collection, probably would be my "sealed" earthbound for SNES.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 1:10 AM, Braveheart69 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

What ever happened to this copy? Did it get entombed? That thing is remarkable.