IGNORED

Post your Holy Grail Item!

Jason

9 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Whats the story behind this?

I missed out on this game as a kid. I loved Pokémon, but my older brother was at the point where he was over it. We pretty much only got games for Christmas, and I didn’t ask for this game because I figured it would be better to get a game we could play together. As the years went by, the GameCube was left in the dust behind the Wii and DS.

Fast forward, I am a bit of a video game collector. I am thinking once again about this game. I know GameCube collecting has become more of a craze lately, and that has jacked up prices. I did not want to drop $200+ CAD on a video game, but this game was quickly headed in that direction. I frequented the local used video game store, but they never seemed to have that game. Frankly, I was afraid what they would ask for the game if they had it. One day, I went in and it was there. $120. Not as bad as expected. I still asked if they could do any better and they said $110. I jumped on it. I pay almost $100 for a new Switch game post-tax, anyway. Best purchase in a long time. 🙂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, phart010 said:

Looking at this gives me chills. There was a time between N64 and GameCube when I began hating video gaming due to the elimination of my favorite 2D genres. Metroid Fusion gave me some temporary relief.

I preordered it and picked it up on day 1. Unfortunately my box has seen better days, but I still have it with the original preorder receipt 

That's amazing! I wish I had my original copy. I played that game into the ground. hah

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, inasuma said:

That's amazing! I wish I had my original copy. I played that game into the ground. hah

Here’s mine. I kept the box/manual for mine, but I think I gave away the original cartridge at some point. Had to track down a replacement cartridge several years ago

6A5F7609-2175-4A09-93A3-45BF05C0640E.jpeg.b72af811e3fac76a0a1bf4157e549126.jpeg

Edited by phart010
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Well, I don't own any "grails" but since I'm giving up on the one I started out with in my mind from 5 years ago when I started collecting, what I wanted/hoped to find was the (likely) cel art on the box of most of the 90s Final Fantasy games.

See these images:

Final_Fantasy_Adventure_Front_Cover.jpgFinal_Fantasy_Legend_II_Coverart.pngFinal_Fantasy_III_Cover.jpg

Notice that the sword and flare behind it look the same.  Well, I took this and the other games with that image and I overlayed them and adjusted the alpha values to see if they were the same.  Yup.  Lettering is always different but they some how used the same graphic of the sword and flair on all of these games.

Anyway, I asked around on NA if anyone had any leads on where to find this but that was dried up.  At this point, I've moved on from RPGs but it'd still be an amazing find.  Plus, today I could see the owner wanting $10,000-20,000 for it.  It might not be worth that much, or maybe it is.  In 2016, I would have paid "whatever it took" to have gotten that image.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

27 minutes ago, RH said:

Well, I don't own any "grails" but since I'm giving up on the one I started out with in my mind from 5 years ago when I started collecting, what I wanted/hoped to find was the (likely) cel art on the box of most of the 90s Final Fantasy games.

See these images:

Final_Fantasy_Adventure_Front_Cover.jpgFinal_Fantasy_Legend_II_Coverart.pngFinal_Fantasy_III_Cover.jpg

Notice that the sword and flare behind it look the same.  Well, I took this and the other games with that image and I overlayed them and adjusted the alpha values to see if they were the same.  Yup.  Lettering is always different but they some how used the same graphic of the sword and flair on all of these games.

Anyway, I asked around on NA if anyone had any leads on where to find this but that was dried up.  At this point, I've moved on from RPGs but it'd still be an amazing find.  Plus, today I could see the owner wanting $10,000-20,000 for it.  It might not be worth that much, or maybe it is.  In 2016, I would have paid "whatever it took" to have gotten that image.

Haha, I passed on many opportunities over the years to get various video game cell arts in the $50-$200 range because I thought they were too expensive. Hindsight is 20/20

Edited by phart010
  • Like 1

Guess my Grail is my WATA graded factory sealed FFX. But this is the very rare black label variant with the Square-Enix logos instead of Squaresoft. There just seems to be very few of these produced and I rarely see them for sale in used condition, let alone new. Not sure if I will sell it. I won't show the grade now but luckily it graded v ery high.

IMG_7474.jpg

• Like 5

On 6/8/2021 at 11:18 AM, croagunk said:

I missed out on this game as a kid. I loved Pokémon, but my older brother was at the point where he was over it. We pretty much only got games for Christmas, and I didn’t ask for this game because I figured it would be better to get a game we could play together. As the years went by, the GameCube was left in the dust behind the Wii and DS.

Fast forward, I am a bit of a video game collector. I am thinking once again about this game. I know GameCube collecting has become more of a craze lately, and that has jacked up prices. I did not want to drop $200+ CAD on a video game, but this game was quickly headed in that direction. I frequented the local used video game store, but they never seemed to have that game. Frankly, I was afraid what they would ask for the game if they had it. One day, I went in and it was there. $120. Not as bad as expected. I still asked if they could do any better and they said $110. I jumped on it. I pay almost $100 for a new Switch game post-tax, anyway. Best purchase in a long time. 🙂

Great price and in great shape, definitely a win!

I am regretting passing it up many times for less than $30 even and now it's likely too late to get it for under $100 usd

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

@Nintendo WorkshopWorkshop: is that a box manufacturer stamp? Picture is a bit blurry. 

If so, mind taking a better picture of that or sharing which company and plant made the box?

Thanks.

IMG_20210807_042005.jpg

sure.  Here are a couple more pics.  Found in the wild with the chair in the same small town i live in.      Bought the chair.        Leaving the garage the lady said you want the box too cause were tossing it out if you don’t.  

B25BAD0D-086D-43C0-9F55-44BC07526FB4.jpeg

56CDC9D4-87C8-4351-80F8-1369B1A1751B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Nintendo Workshop said:

sure.  Here are a couple more pics.  Found in the wild with the chair in the same small town i live in.      Bought the chair.        Leaving the garage the lady said you want the box too cause were tossing it out if you don’t.  

B25BAD0D-086D-43C0-9F55-44BC07526FB4.jpeg

56CDC9D4-87C8-4351-80F8-1369B1A1751B.jpeg

Sweet, thanks!

My father had worked in a corrugated company for 30 some years, hence my interest in this 🙂

Like I said before, I had no idea that this had come boxed like that, it looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...

Just came in the mail yesterday. I’ve been looking for an NTSC SNES sample cart for Zombies Ate My Neighbors for years! I came close to one in 2019 but couldn’t make a deal. This one popped up on eBay from a seller in Spain! It’s probably why they crossed out the “Ate My Neighbors” (it’s known as Zombies in PAL releases)! Now I just need the variant box to complete my ZAMN collection!

1A1F17B8-9C91-4081-A15C-B147EF8C91AC.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...