IGNORED

Post your Holy Grail Item!

Jason

I've shown this in my own thread, but I figured I'd post it here since it is a recent acquisition.  This is one of my holy grails, but I have quite a few I'd consider that.  I really like items that are 1 of a kind.   This is one such item.  It measures 18 by 36 feet and is made of a thick vinyl. You can see it takes up the entire street.   It was used at E3 on the exterior walls of the Los Angeles Convention Center in 2019, when FF7 Remake was being touted.  Before the rating and release date.  There was definitely only 1 of them made.

I plan on showing more stuff from my collection as I make friends here.

FF7R Banner.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 1

The WATA error graded “CIB” Zelda with no manual. It’s not my favorite item but it’s one that I feel has some historical significance.. don’t know if Wata has already done others this way, but this one became a piece of controversy back on NintendoAge when it was graded. WATA was asked by the NA community to explain their reasoning and they agreed that it’s better to not grade them this way. So as a result of the minor uproar this piece caused they changed their grading system.

In the world of coin collecting it’s very rare when the US Mint screws something up, so when they do the piece is considered a rarity. I know this is not the Mint we’re talking about here, but rather a grading authority. But still, if WATA becomes real big deal in the future, then this is a neat little controversial piece that caused some changes in their early history.

32623935-43D5-4D8B-8570-43461B7693D4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, phart010 said:

The WATA error graded “CIB” Zelda with no manual. It’s not my favorite item but it’s one that I feel has some historical significance.. don’t know if Wata has already done others this way, but this one became a piece of controversy back on NintendoAge when it was graded. WATA was asked by the NA community to explain their reasoning and they agreed that it’s better to not grade them this way. So as a result of the minor uproar this piece caused they changed their grading system.

In the world of coin collecting it’s very rare when the US Mint screws something up, so when they do the piece is considered a rarity. I know this is not the Mint we’re talking about here, but rather a grading authority. But still, if WATA becomes real big deal in the future, then this is a neat little controversial piece that caused some changes in their early history.

I think @Paul  (or NA Paul) would approve of this.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2020 at 3:21 AM, DarkTone said:

From my collection?

Probably my Starwing Competition cart. I didn't even know it existed until I saw a copy on ebay.

Star plus.jpg

!? What's the background on this!? Are the tiny dots painted on to simulate a starfield or is that just dust/debris? Hehe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phart010 said:

I'm so happy someone bought this for the novelty rather than as a very poor condition NES collectible.

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

I'm so happy someone bought this for the novelty rather than as a very poor condition NES collectible.

Yea when I bought, “sealed/graded mania” was just taking off and people were flipping out that it sold for so much. I didn’t want to be contributing to the mass hysteria around graded games, so I publicly stated my reasoning for buying it.

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Sick - which games do you have in it now?

-CasualCart

Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Baseball, Golf, Tennis, Ghosts ‘n Goblins, Gradius, Commando, Ice Hockey, Volleyball, Wild Gunmen, Mahjong, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, and Wrecking crew 👍.  I also have a FamicomBox with 15 games (some duplicates for the gray carts).

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:14 AM, Laseki said:

DKCC cart and the Sly 4 contest PS3 i've posted before lol

Only other "Grail" level item i want but don't have it a prototype of Megaman X3

Copy paste of the PS3

"Treasure design contest prize from Sly cooper: Thieves in time.

Only 2 were made and the other hasn't surfaced to my knowledge, whole shell is custom made by the dev team.

Bought it from the person who designed the Cane polish treasure item in the game."

IMG_7135_zpsae9f81e8.jpg

IMG_2145.JPG

some one didnt know what they had on the comp cart 😛  lucky sun of a biscuit!

• 2 weeks later...

First photo is a fully restored TMNT arcade cabinet with both JAMMA game boards installed (Original & Turtles in Time). Traded a Tekken 5 cabinet that I’d bought a state auction ($250) for it. Loved TMNT growing up (Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in Europe) and treasured the beat em’ up games, so it was one of my most wanted arcade cabinets.

Second photo is a BVM-D24E1WU. Has a lot of hours, but it’s clear the tube was replaced at some later point. Just about the best CRT one could hope for; 1000 TVLs of eye-cutting sharpness, switchable 4:3 to 16:10 aspect ratio for anamorphic widescreen, PAL/NTSC support, and multiformat for 240p all the way up to 1080i resolution. Fully serviced it to make sure it’ll continue to run for a long time to come.

A284DCFF-F82D-4F93-B1A2-E35394CC35CD.jpeg

8BEFA1A8-CAAD-4BF8-B8F7-F14186C2BA37.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 11:22 AM, phart010 said:

That's not really comparable to a mint error; Wata shitting the bed on grading a piece like this is more like PCGS slabbing a proof coin that had been cleaned at some point.

Do you collect coins, btw? I found a few Fivaz-Stanton catalogued error coins back when I had time to collect, and even found a 1995 DDO cent in circulation back in 1995.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:49 PM, ApebitMusic said:

!? What's the background on this!? Are the tiny dots painted on to simulate a starfield or is that just dust/debris? Hehe

Thats the combined work of Platinumfungi and Customnesguy. Wasn't sure between Starwing or DKC to match my NFR cart.