IGNORED

Post your Holy Grail Item!

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
Events Helper · Posted

This by far is my favorite of my collection!  I know it is minuscule compared to some of these great items in here, but i have so many fond memories of this game.  I bought this on ebay for $20.50.  It has the letter intact.  I also, never knew about the letter until I started researching and found the info. on a little site called nintendoage.  Hence, now this game has a feel good for leading me to this community as well.

20191023_195933.jpg?width=342&height=609

20191023_195958.jpg?width=342&height=609

20191023_200006.jpg?width=342&height=609

• Like 8
  • Love 1

My collection is, comparatively speaking, also more on the humble side, but I still got a hold of a few rare and prized items. I would say that my number one item and my holy grail would be my Super Famicom Memory Cartridge with Super Famicom Wars on it. That's the predecessor to Advance Wars and was only available for download or for copying on one of these memory cartridges in Japan. It's also special to me since I really loved the Advance Wars series ever since I first stumbled upon it and I wanted to know what its origins looked like. Unfortunately the early games still lack some of the personality and balancing of the GBA and later titles, but they're still solid strategy games. I could have almost had Fire Emblem Thracia 776 for a reasonable price as well, but I missed it and still feel miffed about it. That would be my other holy grail item.

The other games are some of my rarer collectibles and maybe also somewhat pricier games than what I usually would go for, but I somehow got them for cheap. Atelier Marie, Elie & Anis is quite rare and hard to find CIB. Bushi Seiryuuden is an RPG set in feudal Japan with mythical elements in it and it was developed by Gamefreak, but published by T&E Soft. However, you can still make out the artwork by Ken Sugimori, the one responsible for the orginal Pokemon artwork. The two games on the right are the SFC and Turbo Duo versions of Laplace no Ma, or Laplace's Demon, a lovecraftian Horror RPG. I love both horror and RPGs, and seeing both combined in a single game is really cool, imho. That's also part of why I liked the Shin Megami Tensei or Shadow Hearts series so much.

most prized items.jpg

Edited by Gaia Gensouki
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

These two aren’t so much grails as they are the rarest things I have.
The first is a Toys R Us Mega Man 6 display sign. The second is a Mega Man the Power Battle test market arcade board.

I’m not sure how many of each are out there,but there can’t be many,especially for the test location board. Heck I could have the only surviving one for all I know.

B546CEF4-0387-4271-AFBB-FCF89CFA44EB.jpeg

FD8BB41F-046A-4A2E-8FD2-1AA264AB2129.jpeg

Edited by gutsman004
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 3

On 8/16/2020 at 1:42 PM, Deadeye said:

Holy grail item, Ultimate Frogger Champion Lady Frog Edition.  KHAN Games' first released game  in which a limited edition box was given out to 10 people that helped and supported him along the game's development. 

20200816_163742.thumb.jpg.0601f67b8169b5941c0bcb94c80bfbef.jpg

20200816_163737.thumb.jpg.4de3c7238ae5484282cd77295e22ab39.jpg

99% sure that was my original copy I got from Khan.  When I sold it I kept the hand written letter that came with it from Khan.  Still have the letter, wouldn’t sell it with the game.  

• Like 3

Homebrew Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, Braveheart69 said:

99% sure that was my original copy I got from Khan.  When I sold it I kept the hand written letter that came with it from Khan.  Still have the letter, wouldn’t sell it with the game.  

I did not have the letter, so it may be yours.  The artwork is unique for each one, does it look familiar?

On 8/21/2020 at 12:12 PM, gutsman004 said:

These two aren’t so much grails as they are the rarest things I have.
The first is a Toys R Us Mega Man 6 display sign. The second is a Mega Man the Power Battle test market arcade board.

I’m not sure how many of each are out there,but there can’t be many,especially for the test location board. Heck I could have the only surviving one for all I know.

B546CEF4-0387-4271-AFBB-FCF89CFA44EB.jpeg

FD8BB41F-046A-4A2E-8FD2-1AA264AB2129.jpeg

Can you fire up the board? I never heard of that before. 

Edited by RegularGuyGamer

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I just got this. I think it's cooler than when I had a NWC cart. Wata has only graded 15 of these matte seals from the original NYC test market launch, so they are really rare.

0825201028.thumb.jpg.ff7f8da36148eb684ca88b0223570fad.jpg

I actually have 10 of these. It happened to be free SMB matte seal day at Hooter’s when I went in there and I made out like a bandit! 

• Haha 1