IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Seen some deals I couldn’t pass up! 

84C39EA8-DFFF-4C82-9252-142478EA2004.thumb.jpeg.e07c4fbc96c24d00dd8da4c92231b360.jpeg

• Disney Tsum Tsum Festival and Super Monkey Ball BB HD are part of a buy 2 get 3 deal on Amazon (third game is Dragonball FighterZ which is taking a while to ship).
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris was $19.99, I really want the launch version with the Target exclusive decal set but this will have to do for now.
  • Mama’s Combo Pack vol. 1 I snagged from eBay, I picked up vol. 2 a while back but vol. 1 was getting hard to find for cheap. Of the 4 games from these two releases I think I like Outdoor Adventures the most, it’s pretty far off the Cooking Mama formula. Anyway I like multipack releases so these were on my list for a while.
  • Shaq Fu and LEGO Worlds were a great deal from @ap123
  • Racing Gears Advance and Moon were part of a bundle deal I got on Mercari, these are two big pickups for me, Racing Gears being my favorite pickup in a while, not just because I love racing games but also because this features a soundtrack by Neil Voss that is stellar (eventually I hope to have a complete set of games featuring his work). Also this box has a gatefold cover which is pretty unique. 
Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 5

Got some new things. I've been on a PSP kick lately and picked those two games that I wanted and never played.

I found the Playtronic DKC 2 for a very good price and couldn't let it pass. The same goes for the 32X Doom (I sold my US copy after buying this one from Tectoy).

And I couldn't believe when I found the Spiderman game on Mercado Livre. It was considerably cheaper than on ebay so I had to buy it even though it was still very expensive.

uruGbV4l.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I haven't started collecting for Game Gear yet so I have nothing to try on my adapter, but glad it's looking so clean! How does the emulation feel?

Doesn't feel like emulation at all to me, feels just like it should, for better and worse 😛 I only tried Mega Man and Sonic Triple Trouble so far though. While the GG is not among my favorites I have always wanted an accurate way to play them on my setup, most of my portables have a means in doing so (PSP, Vita, GB-GBA, etc) but the GG always seemed weirdly absent from having a proper way to play original carts. While I have a very extensive GG collection I do also own an Everdrive that also works on this, very neat. I believe that outside of 3 games I can't track down i'm basically done with what I want for the system, even got a mcwill install along with a refurb on a original unit.

• Like 1

Always did like that art back in the day.  Despite FF being the better RPG probably for people at the time, the box art of that one made little sense.  This one with the color, the dragon raging on the front with the warrior hero it really catches the eye and pulls you in.  That's one worth stuffing on a wall in a shadow box or something.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Always did like that art back in the day.  Despite FF being the better RPG probably for people at the time, the box art of that one made little sense.  This one with the color, the dragon raging on the front with the warrior hero it really catches the eye and pulls you in.  That's one worth stuffing on a wall in a shadow box or something.

It's interesting because if you compare it to the FC box art, it has all the same components, even the warrior is wearing the same armour. It's just the art style that's different. But as the box says, the US version does seem more EPIC.

dragon quest 1 famicom boxart japanese.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aguy said:

It's interesting because if you compare it to the FC box art, it has all the same components, even the warrior is wearing the same armour. It's just the art style that's different. But as the box says, the US version does seem more EPIC.

dragon quest 1 famicom boxart japanese.jpg

Yeah, it's the same thing we see today, albeit to a lesser extent. Western releases are marketed as "mature" while the original Japanese is more fantastic and fanciful. I guess they know we love guns, guts, and glory.

I don't know the exact timeline of Dragon Ball's popularity, but the FC cover art was drawn by Akira Toriyama. That fact alone would likely attract Japanese customers, but may confuse Western audiences.

Edited by DoctorEncore