Hey, OptOut! You're an idiot! ×
IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Lots of new stuff... Found two  matching memorex TV sets (white 9") a  mint 9" Zenith TV/VCR combo and my proudest pick up, a 1702 commodore monitor (that wasn't a small fortune). I also added a SNES back in the line up since I found one for $20 (I gave him $40, I mean, c'mon, $20 is just giving it way) and rotated the Intellivision back in teh line up 🙂 Made some sweet benches and shelves for my games/movies/etc out of junk 2x4's 😉

20200509_081503.jpg

20200509_081726.jpg

20200509_081817.jpg

20200509_082550.jpg

20200509_082108.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Crazy Climber said:

BTW - TrekMD has me really missing my Atari Jaguar system...if only I could find one that doesn't cost a testicle...

They have become quite expensive and if you want a Jag CD, it'll cost you both testicles! 

• Haha 1

It's not exactly what I wanted, but I've decided to keep it anyway.  I picked up a bunch of my childhood favorite Sierra games a few years ago, but wasn't able to find a copy of the original Space Quest for anything remotely sane, so I let it go but would do a quick search now and again to see if I could find somebody's obviously loved copy at a more reasonable price.

Last week, I thought I'd finally managed it, but noticed that when searching for the game it displayed one version of the game box (the later, VGA remake box art) but clicking through to the actual listing showed another (the original CGA/EGA/Tandy box art).  I went ahead and emailed the seller asking exactly what they were offering since I was getting both images when searching for and looking at their listing.  They responded quickly and apologized, saying they didn't remember for sure as it was being sold on consignment for them but they were pretty sure it was the "old EGA version" and I could always return it if it wasn't right.  Figuring I had nothing to lose, I pulled the trigger and ended up waiting a bit over a week for it to make its way through UPS's system to my doorstep.

Of course UPS didn't ring my doorbell, knock when they dropped it off, or actually update the tracking immediately when delivering it, so I only happened to find it propped up against my door when I tipped it over opening the door to take the trash out and nearly stepping on it, roughly 30 minutes from the last time I'd cracked the door to see if it had arrived or I could see the delivery truck coming.  I hurried through my chore then rushed back into the house to rip open the package and find...confusion.  Literally went "Nope" out loud when I pulled the box out of the thin plastic envelope it had been shipped in, then paused as I was starting to put it back in the envelope when I noticed "EGA" prominently showing on the corner sticker of the VGA remake's box.  Figuratively scratching my head, I went to slide the box out of the outer sleeve to see what was up, noticing the top sealing tab was inside the sleeve, only to find things didn't budge.  Looking the box over more carefully, much to my surprise, I discovered it was actually still factory sealed, albeit with one of the four seal tabs having slipped out of place but the other three holding strong.

While I'm still disappointed that it wasn't the original box art copy that I'd hoped for, it is still the original game with the original graphics modes supported, and having it being sealed actually pushed it over the edge for me to hang onto it versus going the refund route.  Below is a pic of the new acquisition as well as one with it beside its (better looking, to me anyway) brethren.

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

• Like 5

On 5/13/2020 at 7:41 AM, drxandy said:

Nice haul!! use a screwdriver or something not too sharp from the inside of the hinge, hold tightly and push out - they should pop right out, then align in the new shell and pop em in. First time was daunting for me, but they can handle a little pressure (just remembered now you can buy replacement hinges from china if you are super worried or lose one)

Thanks.  I think I've got the process down, it's more of a nerves based thing because I jacked it up the first couple times I tried it but I didn't have as nice of tools then as I do now.

On 5/13/2020 at 7:49 AM, MiamiSlice said:

These don’t look like they are in such bad condition to justify re-shelling. To me the OEM shells are better quality than aftermarket shells so better to keep these stock if possible.

The pink one isn't but the pearl blue one is fairly scratched up, the light didn't catch it well on either, plus the blue one is worn on the inside and has a few nicks and scuffs in the lens (pink is clear.)  I'm on the fence, have them sitting in a small box next to me until I decide the next step if I take one as I do agree, stock is better.  They were so cheap I could just sell the GB/C games and break even on it so I have lots of way so go about it.  I'm kind of tempted to give the pink one to my daughter, but she's also pretty damned abusive of handhelds.  I've already had to do a new shell and lens on a GBC and she kept dropping her pink DSLite so much the top panel phased and dimmed out then died and I'm shocked she never killed the hinge on it.  I'd keep the pearl blue for myself as my beater/user one so as-is or reshelled would be personal choice on that.  I've got a dead mint graphite complete in the box I have on a shelf.  I've also got a cobalt blue with an original 101 installed into it too, and then I have a platinum 001 in excellent shape as well.  I'm not short on GBASPs by any means and I'm no hoarder, but as tempting as the pay out would be on those pair I love the fact I've got them now they're in my hands.

Plan is at the least, I'm going to give her her choice of all those GBA games.  I know she wants Dogz Fashion, Super Mario World, and I think a couple others.  The GB stuff Yoshi she'd hate, has Mario and Tetris, Castlevania I don't think she'd care and Golf...I can barely get her to play neo turf masters. 😄

On 5/13/2020 at 8:00 AM, drxandy said:

I hear the newer translucent shells are great, people seem to be going crazy for them. 

I've seen those, they're gorgeous.  I don't think, don't know, really if they're for me.  I hate to almost come off as sounding deceitful, but if I could find a very high quality 1:1 repop of the original shells I wouldn't be beyond lifting the original stickers off and doing a transplant.  I love the 101, best Gameboy ever.

** I've added a couple more pics, they're fairly beat up, well at least the blue one is.

gbasp101x2may12a.JPG

gbasp101x2may12b.JPG

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2

After talking to @drxandy and @MiamiSlice about the Japanese version of Tony Hawk 3 and some Need for Speed games, I decided to go buy and the Japanese versions of NFS Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted that I'd found. They arrived on friday.
I also found a cheap and sealed copy of Anarchy Reigns and won Wimbledom at an auction for US$10. I got WarioWare from a local game store.

yMkcP1Rl.jpg

During last week I found this 3DS XL. The box is in English and even has the ESRB logo on it. i think it's the Play-Asia version sold during 2014. 

uE94vsAl.jpg

Also on friday, I got the consoles that I'd sent to get some mods done (RGB NES, AV Famicom) and others for maintenance (they didn't have any problems but I wanted to do some preventive maintenance on them). The guy that does those things for me was one of the biggest collectors in Brazil and had this Mountain Dew Xbox. I bought it from him maybe in January and got it now. It's in an amazing shape.

IgPBylwl.jpg

Also from this same guy, I got this special edition Xbox: Skeleton. It came with everything, including the keychan.

hDfxwcol.jpg eLaoVVJl.jpg r7qvIGLl.jpg wfRQRGUl.jpg ectOLSFl.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1

23 minutes ago, Galdius said:

Thanks! There’s a chance that I buy the Pure White from him. We’re almost agreeing on a number but the console is a bit yellowed. I’m waiting on some new pics to check and possibly buy it.

Do you already have an Xbox dev kit? If not, I've got one I would be willing to part with.

• Like 1

Well, here it is, the last big purchase for the NES set (except Stadium Events). After this, I just need to pick up Donkey Kong and double check all my manuals. The end is nigh!

IMG_20200518_222855.thumb.jpg.6adf4dc90eaa2cd03921798ee731771f.jpg

My favorite in this group is a tie between the insane Isolated Warrior and the way-more-fun-than-it-has-any-right-to-be Fist of the North Star.

So... anyone got a non-graded Donkey Kong for sale?

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 11
  • Wow! 1

Sorry for the poor lighting. I am limited in terms of space right now. 😅

- The NES Coasters were bought at Kohls. It was my mandatory X'mas gift shopping season and decided to get something for myself. Chose the nicest packaging they had to offer, but have not opened to see how they look. Plus they are too small to submit to WATA Games. So I will not find out until I finally get my own place.

- The Dragon Quest Inn keyholder was something I ordered through AmiAmi. I think I ordered it with some other items last year. But I might be wrong.

- The Weekly Jump Pirates Club telecards are technically a complete set. In this case these are the only three characters they did for Dragon Quest IV. And based on any info I can find they only covered the Famicom era of Dragon Quest games. So I have no idea if they did anybody else other than these, the Hero (DQ3), and the game covers.

The last set took me two months to complete, with Solo (Male Hero) popping up a month later below what I was willing to pay. All three came from Mandarake.

unnamed.jpg.e7113b2b3f15c0884ec6971fc7b52017.jpg

UPDATE: Got rid of my non-Capcom and non-Nintendo games so I could create a more streamlined collection.

Edited by FenrirZero
  • Like 4