IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

1 minute ago, ViKiNg said:

Finally i've got a first Mega Man for NES for a reasonable price. I'm happy  😊

mFViir6.jpg

What would qualify as a "reasonable price" nowadays, if you don't mind me asking? Ball park figure? Just wondering if I need to add it to the "Pipe Dream" section of my want list or have it remain in the "High Ticket Items".

Looks very nice regardless.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

What would qualify as a "reasonable price" nowadays, if you don't mind me asking? Ball park figure? Just wondering if I need to add it to the "Pipe Dream" section of my want list or have it remain in the "High Ticket Items".

$200 shipped. I think it's nice price for this condition (according to my price/condition monitoring) Not Like New, but no doubt Very Good. No inserts, just CIB.

Edited by ViKiNg
  • Wow! 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, ViKiNg said:

$200 shipped. I think it's nice price for this condition (according to my price/condition monitoring) Not Like New, but no doubt Very Good. No inserts, just CIB.

Lucky, that is a decent price imo, especially since it is in nice condition.  Good pickup.  It is gonna be a bit before I can get the whole set due to the prices and I am picky about condition.  I got mega man 6 but that is all for now.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, m308gunner said:

2 minutes ago, ViKiNg said:

$200 is a very reasonable price. You'd be hard pressed to get it any cheaper in that nice of condition. Great pickup!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Lucky, that is a decent price imo, especially since it is in nice condition.  Good pickup.  It is gonna be a bit before I can get the whole set due to the prices and I am picky about condition.  I got mega man 6 but that is all for now.

I'm really lower my condition standards for NES by comparison with Genesis (where i prefer only Like New condition) due to NES prices. But LN Mega Man will cost minimum twice from this price. 😬

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, ViKiNg said:

I'm really lower my condition standards for NES by comparison with Genesis (where i prefer only Like New condition) due to NES prices. But LN Mega Man will cost minimum twice from this price. 😬

O for sure, but that is still an amazing copy!  I've seen shittier copies "selling" for more on the bay.  This is a very good deal from what I can tell 🙂.  I would have jumped on it for sure if I woulda had the money at the time! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

O for sure, but that is still an amazing copy!  I've seen shittier copies "selling" for more on the bay.  This is a very good deal from what I can tell 🙂.  I would have jumped on it for sure if I woulda had the money at the time! 

Yeah, i'm really wasn't going to buy this game for now, but when i saw this copy - i could not resist 😁

• Like 1

Retro convention in Nuremberg today and like always with these kinds of events it is a pretty wild mixed bag. Frogger Beyond is missing the manual but was the biggest purchase regardless as it is one of the rarest games in the PAL Gamecube set.

Perfect Dark is just the box and Breakthru! is missing the manual.

Also really happy to see TurboGrafx games available as that just never happens over here.

Edit: Also saw some stuff for sale I've never seen in person before. One guy had literally all the rarest PAL Mega Drive games it was nuts. There was also a CIB PAL Stadium Events and a CIB PAL X-Zone for SNES which is one of the rarest PAL SNES games to get complete.

1345806350_20200215_1919231.thumb.jpg.1ceba52f923706b92db05494f9b57449.jpg

Edited by Beliskner
  • Like 6

I'm too lazy to post images, so there. 🙂

I've had a few interesting things I've snapped up lately.  I got Pokemon Shield for $40 which I intend to start here shortly.  Locally I found BWii2 for the Wii complete in very nice shape at the half price for a few dollars.  I remember liking and hating the GC one, mostly the hate from the control getting in the way so I hope using a pointer helps.

Also online, as you can forget about it with PCEngine locally I got for basically the loose price of the game a totally complete copy down to being both clean and with registration cards for Valkyrie no Densetsu and PC Genjin (Bonk's Adventure..)

Finally yesterday, non-gaming, I paid $50 and got a large zip bag with multiple 1980s transformers, gobots and other in it, but it did have one destroyed G1 (smoke screen) and also 2 modern transformers of a firetruck and a f22 raptor.  The old stuff was a jackpot.  The major eye candy for me were 3 of the 4 Deluxe Insecticons -- Chopshop, Ransack, and Barrage which I lacked and I already had the leader Venom so yay!  Sadly Barrage has a couple little broken legs which is odd as usually that beetle is missing that huge horn on the front.  There are two neat gobots looks like an a10 tank killer and then a ww2 corsair.  Also got a super gobot but really as it's japanese on the molding machine robo dx a fairlady280z (very loose but I can fix that.)  Then I guess it's a rock lord, looks like a gold nugget, intact with paint loss.  If anyone loves old 80s toys like this I can take a pic later but I'd like to try and address the issues best I can first.  Perspective to this, the rock lord alone as is is worth like 20 and each of the insecticons usually are 30-40 a piece w/no weapons as is too so it was a score.  Also the G1s all had their instruction manuals and scan cards too (and one extra for ramjet which I own!)

• Like 1

IMG_20200216_170033031.thumb.jpg.4a5d0ca6dfb77707a7f97580fc26e294.jpg

Here's all the games my dad and I bought yesterday. If I remember correctly, I bought Tecmo Super Bowl, Magic of Shshshshshshsh, the Strawberry Shortcake game, and Solaris. And my dad bought the rest, of course. It's not the greatest lot of games, but the NES titles and the two boxed Atari games really made the whole set worth it. My jaw dropped when I saw Tecmo Super Bowl going for only 5 bucks. Keystone Capers is also a classic and Solaris is one of the best looking games on the 2600. I'm also happy that we found another copy of Spongebob Movie, since it was a game I loved back then and we needed a new copy.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jicsan said:

I've been plying that Contra on Switch, it's really fun.  The whole internet was negative on it, and maybe that lowered my expectations.  It's not the Contra I would have wanted, but it's still a blast.

The box art is just sooooooooo bad. 😭

It really looks like it's stolen from a shovelware PS1 game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jicsan said:

I've been plying that Contra on Switch, it's really fun.  The whole internet was negative on it, and maybe that lowered my expectations.  It's not the Contra I would have wanted, but it's still a blast.

That's very good to know.

Is it very long? I'm curious to see if I'll like it so will probably play it sooner than I expected.

• Like 1

When it rains it pours eh? I always get a bunch of stuff in after any mail holiday. OK let me explain: 

E8509E70-4749-4275-95FF-F5B8B7A4B8BB.thumb.jpeg.ec481ea43dd9b22e71044019b2dc73ca.jpeg

Top left was from this haul not including the silver Game Boy Pocket (loose but goes with the booklets underneath Super Mario Land) which is actually in pristine condition and now I want to try to track down the box for that. The two Wario games are complete and in great condition, that knocks out two of my big wants. Super Mario Land is nearly complete and I think I might have the missing promotional inserts, just need to keep digging around. The top Game Boy box was a swap out with my original Game Boy, it had everything except the styrofoam and the Game Boy it came with has a bad screen (but might be fixable with a soldering iron). The later release Game Boy beneath it is complete and in good condition aside from a few missing lines. I might keep some more of the games from this haul but not sure yet. 

The 3 Switch games along the top were from a trade. The cards and sticker to the right of those, I found them when swapping out my original Game Boy. They were hiding under the console. Thought I had lost those. 

Car Battler Joe is missing the manual but comes with a pristine registration card and such. Some wear on box but overall good. Put me back about $115 in an auction. 

The two memory cards on the bottom left were an OfferUp find, $10 shipped. I didn't have any memory cards for N64, needed these! The loose games to the right of that were a Lukie Games order, managed to find Drone Tactics for $29 which I needed to complete the box with no game my brother gave me. Kirby's Pinball Land was free with Lukie points and the 4 N64 games were cheap. 

The 4 games to the right of that were a Play-Asia haul, all were on sale including the PS3 game which was $1.99 (though it added a few $ to my shipping cost). I figured why not. Lastly, the Golden Sun Lost Age guide was $9 shipped on Mercari. 

Now to just find some time to play these things...!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 5
  • Wow! 1