IGNORED

Movie Debate #96: The Big Lebowski

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences, NOT historical significance

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. You like to recommend it.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.

This is one of those movies that nobody could believe i haven't seen and they all swore it was one of the greatest movies of all time... Until I saw it. And quite frankly I don't get the appeal. I don't think it's memorable or funny or enlightening or whatever. Maybe it's me and I just don't understand what makes it great but for now it's simply a movie that exists but nothing more, and gets a 4/10 from me.🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, AstralSoul said:

This is one of those movies that nobody could believe i haven't seen and they all swore it was one of the greatest movies of all time... Until I saw it. And quite frankly I don't get the appeal. I don't think it's memorable or funny or enlightening or whatever. Maybe it's me and I just don't understand what makes it great but for now it's simply a movie that exists but nothing more, and gets a 4/10 from me.🤷‍♀️

9/10 It is one of those movies that takes a couple viewings. I found it odd on the first watch, but it started to click on the next few. It makes a little more sense if you have lived in LA also.   

52 minutes ago, themisfit138 said:

9/10 It is one of those movies that takes a couple viewings. I found it odd on the first watch, but it started to click on the next few. It makes a little more sense if you have lived in LA also.   

I didn't really get it the first time either, but it definitely gets better the more times you watch it.

• Like 1

I haven't watched it in a very long time.  I remember enjoying it, but I honestly don't remember anything else.  I need to give it another watch, because I have no idea how to rate it.  

I'm also a huge Coen brothers fan, so I'm pretty confident that I would still enjoy it today after a re-watch.  

• 4 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted

Had a conversation about Lebowski at pub trivia last night (stemming from a question about Mulholland Drive oddly enough).

When pressed on the spot, I claimed BL was maybe my "37th or so" favorite movie of all time.  Which would place it in like the top 99.5% percentile...

The other dude was legitimately upset that I didn't have it somewhere near the #1 spot.  Like, visibly angry.

The cult of Lebowski is very real 😂

• Haha 2