IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Just wrapped up the first Xenosaga over the weekend. First time playing it. Really thought it was a fun game with a good story. A few parts were a little frustrating since at least for me it was pretty hard without a guide, but I guess that's not uncommon for the era. 

Finished Danganronpa V3 last week as well. Second playthrough for me, but it was my wife's first time so it was fun watching her come up with theories. 

Part way through Persona 5 Royal. Loved the original and I've been itching to get through this one. About 45 hours in so... probably 1/2 - 1/3 through. One of my top 5 games for sure. 

Finally, playing Cold Fear on and off for the PS2. It's an alright game. I'm mostly an RPG guy so this is a nice break. 

Edited by A_Feisty_Pickle

I've been playing Ninja Saviors/Ninja Warriors Once Again.  It's awesome.  Each of the ninjas are unique with their own rosters of moves, and can require you to adapt your style of playing to an extreme degree for each of them.  I'm definitely looking forward to more from Natsume Atari and team Tengo.

I'm fairly sure I have moved on from Fallout 4.  After putting in over 100 hours at launch there doesn't seem to be much left for me to dig into.  The quest and exploration loop isn't felling rewarding.  It just feels like completing a fetch quest for the sake of checking off the list.  Skyrim was the same way for me after a number of years.  I can still return to Morrowind and likely Oblivion with nostalgia to carry me.  These newer games are one and done.

With that out of the way I am returning to Majora's Mask 3D.  I'm not sure if I am liking the game or just working through it.  I have reached the desert and have gotten frustrated a few times over the playthrough.  Once I finish that temple I will do as much side stuff as I can before finally finishing the boss.  I have a feeling another playthrough a few years down the road will be much more enjoyable.

Edited by zeppelin03

Finally got around to knocking off the huge download of CoD WW2 and therefore I tried out the first couple of missions on there.  The game so far is mostly fantastic, a few asinine backwater QTE moments that weren't fun (or QTE like when you drag that friend) but otherwise good story and enjoyable.

I played all the Batman Arkham games, Spider-Man PS4, currently working through Mass Effect. About half way through 2. Along with making my rounds in Animal Crossing. 

I tried playing Red Dead Redemption 2 again. Couldn’t even make it out of the first camp this time. There are too many annoyances for me to enjoy. RDR was awesome, but 2 is just a slog. The story may be good, but the gameplay and micromanagement piss me off. Faster walking speed would greatly improve this game. Then I might be able to tolerate the eating, sleeping, shaving, cleaning and feeding the horse, aspects of it.  

• Like 1

I ordered an adapter to use my 360 controllers on my PC.  Using a 360 controller with Xpadder has been working with Dark Forces.  I'm not sure why the PS4 controller wasn't working, but whatever.  I'm finally able to play Dark Forces with a modern controller.  It's probably been over 15 since I've played through this game from start to finish.  I still love it today.  

Administrator · Posted

Been slowly playing through AI: The Somnium Files.

Honestly the characters are kind of flat compared to other SC games. Danganronpa and 999 et al were chock-full of character while this game feels kind of lacking in that department. I'll keep on with it but I've considered dropping it. I'm at ~4 hours in so far. I'll give it 6 or so before calling it.

On 5/10/2020 at 7:27 PM, LifeGame said:

Baldur’s Gate Enhanced edition/ now on the Dragonspear expansion on switch, finished the main game last week, never played it before, so much fun !!!

One of the greatest RPG ever made, no questions about that! The truth is, you have to look at it as a whole, BG1, Dragonspear, and BG2, it's really one saga. BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast set it up, Dragonspear (released many years after BG2) tells us what happens between BG1 and BG2. Dragonspear is fun and has memorable characters and a decent story, but BG2 and Throne of Bhaal... simply phenomenal.  

By the way, has your game crashed at all? Unfortunately every so often I get a crash, and sometimes it actually corrupts the save and deletes it... so, I save often! 

Edited by avatar!

I finally after like 4 years got a copy of Samurai Shodown MVS in the mail today (full kit minus box+bubbles) and it was fun throwing it in and seeing how horribly I suck at it now.  I did a few rounds, then got wiped out on standard (lv4) difficulty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I finally after like 4 years got a copy of Samurai Shodown MVS in the mail today (full kit minus box+bubbles) and it was fun throwing it in and seeing how horribly I suck at it now.  I did a few rounds, then got wiped out on standard (lv4) difficulty.

It's a mid 90s arcade game, don't hold it against yourself if you can't beat the cheap AI.

15 hours ago, avatar! said:

One of the greatest RPG ever made, no questions about that! The truth is, you have to look at it as a whole, BG1, Dragonspear, and BG2, it's really one saga. BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast set it up, Dragonspear (released many years after BG2) tells us what happens between BG1 and BG2. Dragonspear is fun and has memorable characters and a decent story, but BG2 and Throne of Bhaal... simply phenomenal.  

By the way, has your game crashed at all? Unfortunately every so often I get a crash, and sometimes it actually corrupts the save and deletes it... so, I save often! 

I would say it crashed 8-10 times in 50-60 hours of play but i never lost a save or got one corrupt.

I still save a lot and keep 2 saves close in time just in case it happens.

Playing RBI baseball. Sometimes that game just cheats! I lost to the mercy rule today when my team decided to make 5 errors in the same inning. And of course every bit of contact the cpu makes finds the gap. So they will load the bases and then my left fielder will have a routine fly ball hit him on the top of the head. And then throw the ball to the backstop instead of home plate to clear the bases. Wtf.

Then next game I pitch 3 consecutive immaculate innings and am a home run machine to win in 4 innings.

I'm working on Blasphemous, Axelay, and Silent Hill 4.

Blasphemous may be my favorite 2-d metroidvania. On top of everything else it does right, the platforming is that extra challenge that some metroidvania's are missing imo.

Axelay has moved up in my SNES Shoot-Em-Up rankings to second.  I didn't realize the second weapon position was pressure sensitive; that epiphany was a game changer. It really is a beautiful weapon; I've tried the first and second levels of it so far. 

And Silent Hill 4. I don't know why people hated on this game.

Edited by Californication
  • Like 1

I'm on break with PC gaming since I want to upgrade my used 360 controller to a new XbOne controller. But I am juggling a planned return to Tokyo with the rebuilding of my sealed/graded game collection. So until that day comes...

Playing: Animal Crossing: New Horizon (with Dengenki Bunko Crossing Void as smartphone filler)

On Hold: Dragon Quest II (Switch) (because I cannot find distraction-free time these past few weeks)

22 hours ago, Californication said:

I'm working on Blasphemous, Axelay, and Silent Hill 4.

Blasphemous may be my favorite 2-d metroidvania. On top of everything else it does right, the platforming is that extra challenge that some metroidvania's are missing imo.

Axelay has moved up in my SNES Shoot-Em-Up rankings to second.  I didn't realize the second weapon position was pressure sensitive; that apiphany was a game changer. It really is a beautiful weapon; I've tried the first and second levels of it so far. 

And Silent Hill 4. I don't know why people hated on this game.

What could possibly be first?