IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

taking a break from wild card to play Final Fantasy on WS. It has SFC-level graphics but still keeps the spells/day system and other traits of the original (well, you can choose to turn on autotarget, but I keep it off to preserve the original design). Text is all in kana, so it's easier to read, even if I still have to look up some words here and there.

FF players, have you seen how expensive poison cures are? I got poisoned in temple of chaos, and found that it's cheaper to just go out in the field and let the poisoned person die and then go to resurrect them, than it is to heal their poison. At some point I will have to pay out for poison heals though, because the temple of chaos is just full of poison-givers.

I'm also revisiting Mario Adventure, the SMB3 romhack. Have you played this before? If you haven't played it and if you love SMB3, then you should REALLY check this romhack out. I don't know how to beat it, but it is really fun.

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox. It was on Game pass years ago, but I only got 30% through the story. So I'm going into to it pretty fresh. I feel like the controls are a little complicated. I've already killed multiple people on accident when I just wanted to talk to them.

Super Paper Mario

Compress_20230815_150916_6187.jpg.b82ce0a2e1cd8dceb119dd8eebc790f6.jpg

About 4 hours in and I find the game absolutely charming. No it's not perfect, it lacks the strategy elements of TTYD and feels very imprecise as a puzzle/platformer with RPG, which is what this is. The story is adorable however and Count Bleck is a wonderful villain to add to the extended mario universe. I'd be lying if I said this game is not fun. I just might play this to the conclusion! I want to see what goofy things and 4th wall breaking antics there are to be found here!

1 hour ago, Kguillemette said:

Super Paper Mario

Compress_20230815_150916_6187.jpg.b82ce0a2e1cd8dceb119dd8eebc790f6.jpg

About 4 hours in and I find the game absolutely charming. No it's not perfect, it lacks the strategy elements of TTYD and feels very imprecise as a puzzle/platformer with RPG, which is what this is. The story is adorable however and Count Bleck is a wonderful villain to add to the extended mario universe. I'd be lying if I said this game is not fun. I just might play this to the conclusion! I want to see what goofy things and 4th wall breaking antics there are to be found here!

This got panned a bit on release but I think it’s a pretty fun game. Yes it’s different from the other Mario RPG games but I had the same reaction as you.

• Like 1

image.jpeg.1f2395345a2cfdc48649a2d49c0dd791.jpeg

Playing through the PAL release of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell on GameCube. Played through the American release last year (backlog challenge).

image.jpeg.8e331ae375af9e8a66ad76112adef336.jpeg

image.jpeg.a3d53df7468a792e2fd893ccba86db28.jpeg

image.jpeg.20d64e3511e9fb222f917658f0e08303.jpeg

Also playing Sonic Origins Plus on Switch. I found Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2. Almost missed it...I got hit by that spiked ball and fell down to what is actually the entrance to Hidden Palace.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Game night! Mario party 5!!

The pace is much faster than other Mario party games I've played, and the mini games are mostly fun. A couple have been total duds though, and the kids agree.

One difference this Mario Party game has is that you are really playing against the board as much as the other players. The stars are always within reach it seems, and you are mostly trying to make them out of reach for the other players. Still very fun, but the consensus among my kids is that Mario Party 7 is the best among the ones we have. So far we have 5, 7, 8, 10, and Top 100, and DS. I'd like to track down 6 for a reasonable price, so the hunt commences!16933555508682438614805678638644.jpg.848b769cf37d3cc1b35ff97233e18329.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Starfield. It’s pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Borderlands, but Starfield takes itself way too seriously. It would probably remind me of any other Bethesda RPG if I had played any of them. There is like way to much to remember. I wish there was like a dumbass mode where the game just made decisions for me for gear, weapons, loot, etc. 8 hours in and I still have no idea what the stats on anything are or do nor do I care to learn. I got it with game pass, other than that I’m not sure I would have bought it at MSRP. Maybe at Xmas when it’s 39.99 or 29.99. 

• Wow! 1

2 minutes ago, Foochie776 said:

I paid $125 for mine thank you very much 😅

If I was gonna get a special edition I would have totally gotten the one with the watch in it. The watch is so cool! I have the Starfield Xbox controller and so far it’s my favorite that I own

edit: you probably meant $125 for Color a Dinosaur but I stand by my statement lmao

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Starfield. It’s pretty good. It reminds me a lot of Borderlands, but Starfield takes itself way too seriously. It would probably remind me of any other Bethesda RPG if I had played any of them. There is like way to much to remember. I wish there was like a dumbass mode where the game just made decisions for me for gear, weapons, loot, etc. 8 hours in and I still have no idea what the stats on anything are or do nor do I care to learn. I got it with game pass, other than that I’m not sure I would have bought it at MSRP. Maybe at Xmas when it’s 39.99 or 29.99. 

I'm playing it off gamepass too. I'll confirm, it's plays like any other Bethesda RPG. Dead facial animations, awesome OST.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the middle of a replay of Banner of the Maid when my switch console went south.  Since it is in the hospital I finally got around to hooking my Genesis Mini 2 up to my tv (I spent half a day fighting with said tv to get the HDMI ports to work) .   I am currently in the tavern battle in Book 3 (with the drunken revelers) in Shining Force CD.  While the first two books are pretty much run of the mill for early SF stuff - not bad but familiar - Book 3 and the Museum battle make up for that in spades.

On the bright side when the switch comes home I am all set up to use it on the tv now.

• Like 1