IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

• 3 weeks later...

The week before last, I discovered the new multiplayer game Deceive Inc. and have been quite enjoying my time with it. It has managed to nail the feel of playing through a '60s/70's era super-spy movie, a la James Bond, complete with espionage, backstabbing and futuristic gadgets. Absolutely worth its $20 asking price and Steam says I've already logged 25 hours on it. 😬

Edited by Webhead123

I'm new, so I'll do a brief introduction. My name is Samantha Garland, and I'm a 33 years old black woman. I always dye my hair blond as it's fun to do. I've been playing games since I was little with an NES, though I haven't played since the 3DS and Wii U were made as games became too expensive. I now play older games that are cheaper. : )

I'm catching up on Konami games, because I lost interest in them during the N64 days. I've been playing New International Track & Field for DS, and it's great!

On top of being fun, it has a lot of personality. There are unlockable people from other Konami games, such as Pyramid Head, Sparkster, Evil Rose, (Rumble Roses) Frogger, Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, and some others. Some of them have mini-games based on their games too, and have awesome versions of classic songs.

One problem is that I bought a DSi to play FotoShowdown, but the bigger screen makes Track & Field harder to play. You have to rapidly swipe the pen back and forth to build power, but it was balanced for the DS Lite. Having to swipe farther on a DSi than you were supposed to makes some of the mini-games too hard.

Also the game can't be beaten 100% anymore, as there are trophies you could only win with online play. For people who like to finish everything, you'll have to deal with not being able to beat some stuff.

This site looks like fun, which is why I joined. My English isn't the best, so if some things sound strange, that's why. ^_^

• Like 4

The credits rolled on Dragon Quest III yesterday. That's the third DQ I've beaten this year and was considering starting another one, but instead started Return to Popolocrois on 3DS. It's a Story of Seasons spinoff, very cutesy. 

Edited by Aguy
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, Samantha Garland said:

I'm new, so I'll do a brief introduction. My name is Samantha Garland, and I'm a 33 years old black woman. I always dye my hair blond as it's fun to do. I've been playing games since I was little with an NES, though I haven't played since the 3DS and Wii U were made as games became too expensive. I now play older games that are cheaper. : )

I'm catching up on Konami games, because I lost interest in them during the N64 days. I've been playing New International Track & Field for DS, and it's great!

On top of being fun, it has a lot of personality. There are unlockable people from other Konami games, such as Pyramid Head, Sparkster, Evil Rose, (Rumble Roses) Frogger, Solid Snake, Simon Belmont, and some others. Some of them have mini-games based on their games too, and have awesome versions of classic songs.

One problem is that I bought a DSi to play FotoShowdown, but the bigger screen makes Track & Field harder to play. You have to rapidly swipe the pen back and forth to build power, but it was balanced for the DS Lite. Having to swipe farther on a DSi than you were supposed to makes some of the mini-games too hard.

Also the game can't be beaten 100% anymore, as there are trophies you could only win with online play. For people who like to finish everything, you'll have to deal with not being able to beat some stuff.

This site looks like fun, which is why I joined. My English isn't the best, so if some things sound strange, that's why. ^_^

Welcome to the site!

After playing Track & Field for DS, I bought cartridges of the NES games. The second one isn't very good, but the first one is a new favourite game for the system. I really like early NES score attack games, and Track & Field is a very good one.

This is my highest score so far. Most of your score comes from hitting every target in skeet shooting, as you get a big bonus for that. Each loop you can get the bonus three times, so hitting every target in all three rounds is the most important thing for boosting your score.

TrackFieldScore.png.ba81cb7bb4e04065a8324fad74344582.png

My total score was 449320. I failed at archery on loop 4.

I don't ever post in here because it's so random if it's not something new for Switch which is rare today too.  But after getting the 9" PVM a day ago I went nuts trying out a game I hadn't been capable of playing and racked up an admirable score on Duck Hunt seen below.

But then it started to kick in, not just me but the others here started getting into more.  At first I pulled my supervision 16in1 out and played a bit, solid CNROM era stuff usually not on multis.  Then came out some original games, one being Super Mario Bros 3, and then they all got into it yesterday early evening.  Messed around with world 1, then some of 5, then reset and jumped back up to 4 as giant land is awesome.  I'm going to go out very shortly, hoping I can find some light gun games even if I do have an everdrive.

I moved the NES to the left yesterday, between it and the tv it was holding in a lot of heat between the two.

panasonic-bts901y1.thumb.jpg.0418f88d34b008c6aa0ea3b892747157.jpg

• Like 2

Today I bought a copy of Super C, one of my favourite tough games from back on the NES. I beat the game three times to remember how to play, and then had the best run of my life only dying one time at the stage 6 boss. Somehow I survived all the moving parts during the stage, but panicked and died to the boss's snake helper. I didn't die any other time during the game, though I do play slower and more carefully than other players. ^_^

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

I bought Adventures of Baiyou Billy a few days ago, and had a lot of trouble at first. Yesterday I was getting better at the combat, but got a game over in stage 3. I didn't want to try the whole game again, so I picked training mode to see what it was. I found out there are rewards for beating the training levels that can be taken into the main game!

• Combat training gives you a piece of meat that restores all life when it hits zero.
  • Driving training gives you an extra life.
  • Shooting training gives you a 100 bullet refill for the shooting stages if you run out of bullets.

Today I made it to stage 8 before dying. What seemed like a bad game at first became very fun the more I improved. Baiyou Billy's more realistic combat makes the game different in a good way. ^_^

Edited by Jynx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a brief bit of time to fire up the NES again the other day and pulled out 3 games, only could get to one as I got a solid (I think) run out of it I had to nerf for a game over as time ran out.  Balloon Fight was it, and I racked up 300K points.  The funny thing is (or not) I realized while playing score wise I've been making a mistake for decades with it.

Don't kill them before they take off!  You get less points taking the cheap shot itself, and you don't get the second kill shot for breaking the parachute either.  I could only guess what my score would have been that deep into the game had I done it from the start.

I had pulled Mario Bros and DK3 but never got to it.

I was a fool to think I could breeze through 3 heart run in Zelda 1. 3 hearts and no rings means you die extremely quickly to most enemies. I'm still good enough to farm ghosts, but they get me often anyway. I'm debating whether I want to grab a big shield. My quantity of future suffering will probably answer that question.

Also continuing sonic 06 after a 6+ week break. Shadow story really wears me down, it's basically a worse version of Sonic story. Having to get all the gold medals for that one has me pretty unenthusiastic. I'm slowly closing in on sonic story being 100% done at least.

Edited by koifish

I have kept playing Adventures of Bayou Billy, and I'm getting better and finding strategies. I can safely fight red jump kickers without taking damage, I learned to jump in the water and punch alligators to safely fight them, and I discovered a trick on the stage 3 boss to be safe while standing still and repeatedly punch him.

I looked on Youtube and the speed run doesn't know about this trick. The trick I discovered is a safer and faster fight than the current world record. XD It sure makes it easier too. 😚

I am also very good at the first driving stage now. I learned from watching the speed run that you are more safe by driving at top speed the whole time. I beat the whole stage without crashing once! The second driving stage is the hardest stage, and I'm still not good at it.

Edited by Jynx
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on dungeon 8 of Zelda 1 in my 3 heart run. Before this, I completed dungeon 6. I had 53 deaths before dungeon 6. Afterwards, I had 104. 😂 6th dungeon never fails to be the worst part of any Z1 run.

Or so I thought. I have been learning a lot about how to play really cautious and precise Z1, and how to manipulate the game to your advantage (for example, did you know being eaten by a like-like makes you invulnerable to all damage until you free yourself? Fun way to avoid taking damage, assuming you don't have a big shield yet).

What I haven't yet mastered is being able to tear through darknuts the way you need to in order to get through level 8. There are so many darknut rooms, often with a high count plus fireball statues, making it a serious strain to get through. What's worse is that, unlike the horrific wizzrobe rooms in level 6, the darknut rooms don't stay cleared on Continues, meaning I'm going to have to be able to get through a number of very difficult rooms without screwups. Wish me luck on this crazy attempt. And anybody who has completed this is seriously good at Zelda 1! Was also thinking about it, and concluded that only a TAS or a video game god could do 3HR with zero deaths on this game. There are just so many demanding points where you have to be frustratingly perfect. Any living person who could do such a thing probably has some other gift for the world that they should focus on instead 😁

• Like 2

11 hours ago, koifish said:

I'm on dungeon 8 of Zelda 1 in my 3 heart run. Before this, I completed dungeon 6. I had 53 deaths before dungeon 6. Afterwards, I had 104. 😂 6th dungeon never fails to be the worst part of any Z1 run.

Or so I thought. I have been learning a lot about how to play really cautious and precise Z1, and how to manipulate the game to your advantage (for example, did you know being eaten by a like-like makes you invulnerable to all damage until you free yourself? Fun way to avoid taking damage, assuming you don't have a big shield yet).

What I haven't yet mastered is being able to tear through darknuts the way you need to in order to get through level 8. There are so many darknut rooms, often with a high count plus fireball statues, making it a serious strain to get through. What's worse is that, unlike the horrific wizzrobe rooms in level 6, the darknut rooms don't stay cleared on Continues, meaning I'm going to have to be able to get through a number of very difficult rooms without screwups. Wish me luck on this crazy attempt. And anybody who has completed this is seriously good at Zelda 1! Was also thinking about it, and concluded that only a TAS or a video game god could do 3HR with zero deaths on this game. There are just so many demanding points where you have to be frustratingly perfect. Any living person who could do such a thing probably has some other gift for the world that they should focus on instead 😁

Good luck 🙂
I hope you're having fun! I think about 100 deaths on a 3-heart run is wonderfully good! Here's a video of someone that claims -

No Sword, No Rings, 3 Hearts, and No Death or Continues Challenge First Quest

Of course I don't know if this is legit or they "cheated" but if they did not cheat, I'm sure they must have tried numerous numerous times...

• Wow! 1

I'm playing the black box games again, because I love them. ^_^

I only played Ice Climber once before, but now I love it. Popo and Nana's weird jump is what makes Ice Climber fun, and it's extra good from stages 11-27. The final stages are mean though, and the early stages are a too simple. When you clear many stages in a row, you start feeling like Popo and Nana are really awesome characters. 😄

The cartridge I bought is faulty, and crashes after a "ding" noise that isn't meant to happen. The pins are damaged, so it can't stay running for too long. I need to replace it when I start going for score attack.

This game is better than I remember, and I think it's great now!