IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

11 minutes ago, CIB_Wholesale said:

what perverted investments, get the gunk games, and puke and ian get wrong is that the sealed market is very very small. most of it is owned by rb and anything that happens to the market would also happen to rb

all you have to do is ask him. 'did you get 10x offers from years previous in the last 5 years?' the answer might surprise you

sort of like saying: lets talk about basketball in the 90s but dont mention the bulls at all

let me draw you a picture

asdfasdfasdfasdvvbasdfewerasr.png.3961c989468704e4405ffa48b46cdf46.png

Puke and Ian be like

IMG_3379.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

Puke and Ian be like

I actually like Pat a lot. i used to not but then i realized how different Pat The NES Punk is from Pat

he's spewing the wrong interpretation ---- confidently... aka a punk

i appreciate and respect pat because he's not false advertising. He is a punk and his podcast is completely unnecessary

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Gulag Joe said:

Sealed Resident Evil long box for PS1- the dreamer collection- sold in 2021 for $265,000

that same exact game (dreamer collection) just sold last night for $38,400.

YIKES!

wow.  i didn't know it sold for that amount in the past.

but for people who are able to drop a quarter of mil on a video game, i'm sure the loss is nothing to them.  

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, final fight cd said:

wow.  i didn't know it sold for that amount in the past.

but for people who are able to drop a quarter of mil on a video game, i'm sure the loss is nothing to them.  

I recall reading about people who get together and split the cost of such games. It's an investment, and so say 10 people each contribute 1/10 the cost with the assumption the game will appreciate in value and they will will make a tidy profit years down the road. Yeah, apparently not always...

5 hours ago, avatar! said:

I recall reading about people who get together and split the cost of such games. It's an investment, and so say 10 people each contribute 1/10 the cost with the assumption the game will appreciate in value and they will will make a tidy profit years down the road. Yeah, apparently not always...

I honestly think this was a lame excuse to validate the 7 figure worth. Why aren’t the same people combining their wealth and buying up all the stuff on eBay or other selling platforms?

• Agree 1

People need to remember it's not title specific and it's just the entire collectible market in general.  I think the Zelda II 9.8 A+ was sold at $102k and then closed at $14kish this weekend too (same exact copy).  Crazy sports cards sold for $750k+ that have barely hit $100k when relisted recently too.  

The thing about markets is that they go way higher than they should when money is flowing easily and people are spending recklessly.  Then they bottom out way lower than they should when money is tight, people are scared and are being very careful with their purchases.  

The case has always been not to spend more than you can afford to lose.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, jonebone said:

People need to remember it's not title specific and it's just the entire collectible market in general.  I think the Zelda II 9.8 A+ was sold at $102k and then closed at $14kish this weekend too (same exact copy).  Crazy sports cards sold for $750k+ that have barely hit $100k when relisted recently too.  

The thing about markets is that they go way higher than they should when money is flowing easily and people are spending recklessly.  Then they bottom out way lower than they should when money is tight, people are scared and are being very careful with their purchases.  

The case has always been not to spend more than you can afford to lose.  

if dennys stars charging 10-20x for their pancakes on a special plate why wouldnt collectors just go to ihop?

the eBay comps are radically different

i'm supposed to believe the plate the pancakes are served on make the price worth 10-20x ????

• Like 2

It's not hard imagine people who were successful and experiencing the biggest bull market of our lifetimes watching their accounts swell beyond recognition from stocks, crypto, and collectibles spend recklessly thinking the markets would just go up.

The writing was on the wall for me. I got a couple of things I had laying that I was haphazardly holding around graded, cashing in on some things I had held for over a decade. One of them was a No. 1 NP that was a CGC 8.5 for almost $3k. Looking now, I see a 9.4 not cracking the $2k mark. 

The thing about that sale too was I had it up for like $4k, the buyer submitted a great offer and turned around and listed it for $4.5k which it went unsold, at least on eBay. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 10:33 PM, CIB_Wholesale said:

if dennys stars charging 10-20x for their pancakes on a special plate why wouldnt collectors just go to ihop?

the eBay comps are radically different

i'm supposed to believe the plate the pancakes are served on make the price worth 10-20x ????

Another take is if we flip it around, and eBay prices suddenly go 10-100 times that of general going prices from yesterday. If these prices aren’t found as high in any other selling platforms, how would we believe the eBay market now?

16 hours ago, GPX said:

Another take is if we flip it around, and eBay prices suddenly go 10-100 times that of general going prices from yesterday. If these prices aren’t found as high in any other selling platforms, how would we believe the eBay market now?

well back in the NA days would be debates about certain ebay auctions being shilled. that conversation is basically evaporated. somehow ebay is this low comp and YOUR item is surely to land equal or MORE than price charting. sometimes OBVIOUSLY 2-3X price charting

I think this video does a good job of explaining it. Your really cant win over and over and over and over again  by miles.  It's not possible because of math. Each one of those huge prices has atleast 1 2nd bidder who is claiming they are willing to pay close to the same amount. That 2nd bidder should carry over to other venues......

and yes to your point a site like ebay would be the first site to show gains.

not a site with no where close to the traffic as ebay 

Edited by CIB_Wholesale

97% drop but still too rich for me and the vast majority of people. These games are still 4 or 5 or even 6 digits. 

how much did resident drop? But it is still worth more than a lot of nice cars.  Using a percentage to signify the drop I think only tells a partial story.  It isn’t like these games are now worth 10s or 100s.  

Edited by final fight cd

1 hour ago, final fight cd said:

97% drop but still too rich for me and the vast majority of people. These games are still 4 or 5 or even 6 digits. 

how much did resident drop? But it is still worth more than a lot of nice cars.  Using a percentage to signify the drop I think only tells a partial story.  It isn’t like these games are now worth 10s or 100s.  

Graded games are the new comic books. Really innovative, classic, rare games that are sealed will continue to appreciate. Some of them were absolutely overpriced for numerous reasons, be it market manipulation as we have discussed, or simply the economy was doing well and numerous people jumped on the bandwagon. That said, you can see on eBay that graded games are still booming and in the future will be a bigger and bigger thing. That's not necessarily bad.