IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

On 11/12/2021 at 6:16 PM, ExplodedHamster said:

I know there’s a 9.0 still in cello with a Canadian collector from a local find, and I THINK a 9.2, but I could be wrong. Most are gonna be like 6.0.

There's a 9.0 with the shrinkwrap on ebay right now, but it's from a seller in California. A 7.5 just got listed too, but it has a typical 6.0 box.

9 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

I think HA just added a reserve to this... it definitely didn't have one before and the bids were much lower. This is BS.

image.png.613772e8429dc72fdbffd76f5efb01e8.png

EDIT: yeah, it definitely didn't have one before.

2325996_darkmagiciangirl_noreserve2.jpg.1032deac0efc99d08aa82a1e8f229351.jpg

It says very clearly underneath the bid in your second screenshot "Reserve (if Any) Wil post on 11/15/2021 at 7pm." And so that's exactly what happened; the reserve was posted. HA is actually one of the few auction houses in the world to actually disclose the reserve price on a lot, so I think you anger here ("This is BS") is misplaced. Reserves on eBay (or Christie's or Sotheby's), for example, are totally hidden; with HA at least you get full transparency. 

Edited by Tetris
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tetris said:

It says very clearly underneath the bid in your second screenshot "Reserve (if Any) Wil post on 11/15/2021 at 7pm." And so that's exactly what happened; the reserve was posted. HA is actually one of the few auction houses in the world to actually disclose the reserve price on a lot, so I think you anger here ("This is BS") is misplaced. Reserves on eBay (or Christie's or Sotheby's), for example, are totally hidden; with HA at least you get full transparency. 

I see... that's a super weird way of doing it then. What's the point of even bidding before the reserve posts?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

I see... that's a super weird way of doing it then. What's the point of even bidding before the reserve posts?

On the auction side, it's so that the bids reach the reserve price organically, before the reserve posts. On the bidder side, you're incentivized to bid early because book bids take priority over bids placed after yours is placed or during the live session (e.g. if you have a book bid of $10k on a lot, and it opens in the live session at $9500, if someone else clicks the "Bid $10k" button, your bid on the book would take precedence. In the auction world, for the person who bid live in that scenario, that's called "being wrong-footed"). 

Edited by Tetris

36 minutes ago, Tetris said:

On the auction side, it's so that the bids reach the reserve price organically, before the reserve posts. On the bidder side, you're incentivized to bid early because book bids take priority over bids placed after yours is placed or during the live session (e.g. if you have a book bid of $10k on a lot, and it opens in the live session at $9500, if someone else clicks the "Bid $10k" button, your bid on the book would take precedence. In the auction world, for the person who bid live in that scenario, that's called "being wrong-footed"). 

I see... do you have a lot of experience with these auctions? I normally just attend the live session for items that I'm interested in. I need to see how the live bids are looking to determine if i should still bid 😄

1 hour ago, tidaldreams said:

I see... do you have a lot of experience with these auctions? I normally just attend the live session for items that I'm interested in. I need to see how the live bids are looking to determine if i should still bid 😄

Yeah, I have a lot of experience in auctions (mostly in other collectibles). The live sessions are definitely exciting, but it does take up a lot of time!

7 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Has the market for these crashed already, or is this just a normal grade differential? 🤔 I made a joke bid and almost won it 🤣

WOOF!!!

I doubt a .2 grade difference on a case fresh 3-fuggin-60 game makes THAT much of a difference! 🤣

Whomever bought the first one, or shit, even the SECOND one, GET A FUGGIN CLUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😂😂😂

It's funny, when the first Bioshock Infinite sold for some ridiculous price ($1k?) a couple dozen $10 shipped copies sold on Ebay. But no one is buying out these "just in case" because everyone knows they're worthless, lol. No one even bought out the non-budget versions sitting unsold for less than half the price.

10 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

It's funny, when the first Bioshock Infinite sold for some ridiculous price ($1k?) a couple dozen $10 shipped copies sold on Ebay. But no one is buying out these "just in case" because everyone knows they're worthless, lol. No one even bought out the non-budget versions sitting unsold for less than half the price.

I think it's because these are garbage platinum hits version. Bioshock at least has something interesting with it (10/10 sticker) which seems a bit rarer than the normal variant.

18 hours ago, OptOut said:

What is the DEAL with this game, lol?! How is this a thing! 🤣

Not one but two 'cinematic' universes! It's a bargain at anything under 5 figures!

I'm still amazed the kinds of people who bid big on these things haven't gone completely bananas for Kingdom Hearts yet. Do they not realize what a crazy IP goldmine it is?

Edited by AdamW
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AdamW said:

Not one but two 'cinematic' universes! It's a bargain at anything under 5 figures!

I'm still amazed the kinds of people who bid big on these things haven't gone completely bananas for Kingdom Hearts yet. Do they not realize what a crazy IP goldmine it is?

No kingdom hearts you say?

How I Survived My Kids' Disney World Meltdown | Mickey mouse cartoon, Mickey  mouse pictures, Mickey mouse

On 11/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, tidaldreams said:

No, this was from a few weeks back. They haven't shipped mine either, although that's probably because I def. didn't pay them right at the beginning 🤣

I think @inasuma got his already.

Forgot to respond. Got mine within a week and a half. But then my Nov 6th ccg lots shipped only today so who knows.

6 hours ago, AdamW said:

Disney is $$$

10 hours ago, Dumars2001 said:

Interview with Valarie McLeckie of Heritage Auctions Video Games | NintendoFuse Industry Talk

It was interesting to see the tone of the interview shift immediately when Barry began asking question about market volatility and collectors being priced out of the market. Fun interview!

Edited by inasuma
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, inasuma said:

It was interesting to see the tone of the interview shift immediately when Barry began asking question about market volatility and collectors being priced out of the market. Fun interview!

If you watch very closely, and squint just right, you can ALMOST see the evil escaping through the seams of her human costume! 🤪

• Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1