IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

16 minutes ago, the_wizard_666 said:

The reason is none of the investment types know what VGA is, and any actual collector who knows they're the more trustworthy brand realizes that even the minimum bid is massively overpriced and ain't worth bidding on in the first place.

You think vga is more trustworthy? How so? Aside from all the recent stuff 😛

Two hours? Oh god. Can someone summarize the juice? I barely made it through all 50+ minutes of the last one. (edit: no offence @Maertens29you know I love ya, I just don't have the attention span for YouTube. I thought you kids these days were all about the five second tikky mctoks or something?!)

Edited by AdamW
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Two hours? Oh god. Can someone summarize the juice? I barely made it through all 50+ minutes of the last one. (edit: no offence @Maertens29you know I love ya, I just don't have the attention span for YouTube. I thought you kids these days were all about the five second tikky mctoks or something?!)

Agreed. That's the length of a movie or even longer than some. Anyone want to do the hard yards and give us the cliff notes? haha.

• Agree 2

Events Helper · Posted
17 minutes ago, Shmup said:

Agreed. That's the length of a movie or even longer than some. Anyone want to do the hard yards and give us the cliff notes? haha.

43 mins. in, not much really, just talking about the video previously made and commenting on what jobst wanted to get across and greg acting like he doesn't know.....

So far, not much more.....Karl does state some laws saying that if jeff did what he did with the carolina collection that it was illegal.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

You think vga is more trustworthy? How so? Aside from all the recent stuff 😛

No, that's really it.  They've been around forever and as far as I'm aware they haven't done shit even remotely like this.  Putting aside my distaste for the company, they're definitely more trustworthy than WATA will EVER be at this point.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Next bit, some talk about the buyout, speculating that since Mark has a side business that there will be some heads rolling on the WATA Staff........Greg says he hasn't used wata for over 2 years because of the back log of games being graded.......

@Shmup

Thank you my good man. I might check out the second half when I get some time.

Events Helper · Posted

Karl was apparently aiming for this to really release Pop reports more than anything.  That was his hope for all of this.

Mainly wanted to let folks know what was going on and to call shenanigans if it starts to happen again in any other area......

Karl says that the way for wata to gain his trust is release pop reports, apologize, recognize the stuff they did wasn't ethical and to acknowledge the conflict of interest and get rid of Mark haspel

Says they should talk to the public and find out what they want.

Says he will be speaking with Jeff about this when he feels better.....apparently he is sick, he did say it earlier so ya.......

Says he thinks Deniz is too caught up in the money aspect of game collecting and that wata needs to get back to just talking about the quality and not the "value" of the games.....we all know this for sure!

Says he didn't like the fact that Deniz gave away the private offer info.  Shouldn't have been because it was PRIVATE, and not public.  Says it shouldn't have been used as a benchmark to inflate the game price.  It was PRIVATE for a reason!  **on pawn stars**

Karl says that taking games and making them about money is not what he is wanting, big obvious statement of course.

They give praise to Deniz a bit........ 🤮 ..... sorry, but anyway, says he doesn't understand morally what he is doing?  Bullshit on that 😉 

Says that Jim halperin has a lot of influence and that Deniz doesn't necessarily know that he is being used........ **insert justin timberlake gif here**

Heritage invited him to their headquarters, i think we all knew that

**i speculate that they want to serve him 🤷‍♂️**  <---my thoughts not him

Says he would go if it wasn't for covid.

Says he is going to release a second video, i think we knew this, about the inaccuracies in the first video....

Gives a brief "what my next video is about"

Karl hypes up PC collecting......**shhhhh** don't tell anyone

@Shmup

Feel free to do your own listening, but my "cliff" notes     jack sparrow falling GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Crystalis88 said:

There’s a similar thread on the cgc forums and bronty is (indirectly)requesting them to close the thread down. Why is everyone so in love with censorship these days?

CA5024F6-D5F1-42D2-A558-ED2023A82C67.png

lol this is exactly what I said in one of my last comments when I said if this thread was on NA, it would be locked and half of us would be banned. This is how they operate: gaslight - delete - ban - distract - control the narrative 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

He had his picture, full name and profile on watas website at one time. Along with several others who have been posting in this thread. 

You know what's funny is there was a page you could still find by googling that had Bronty, Josh Byerly (qixmaster), and a couple others listed as WATA members (including people posting here as you said), it was an old part of the WATA website that was still up but was no longer linked anywhere on their page. The day after the video came out it was permanently taken down 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

Karl was apparently aiming for this to really release Pop reports more than anything.  That was his hope for all of this.

Mainly wanted to let folks know what was going on and to call shenanigans if it starts to happen again in any other area......

Karl says that the way for wata to gain his trust is release pop reports, apologize, recognize the stuff they did wasn't ethical and to acknowledge the conflict of interest and get rid of Mark haspel

Says they should talk to the public and find out what they want.

Says he will be speaking with Jeff about this when he feels better.....apparently he is sick, he did say it earlier so ya.......

Says he thinks Deniz is too caught up in the money aspect of game collecting and that wata needs to get back to just talking about the quality and not the "value" of the games.....we all know this for sure!

Says he didn't like the fact that Deniz gave away the private offer info.  Shouldn't have been because it was PRIVATE, and not public.  Says it shouldn't have been used as a benchmark to inflate the game price.  It was PRIVATE for a reason!  **on pawn stars**

Karl says that taking games and making them about money is not what he is wanting, big obvious statement of course.

They give praise to Deniz a bit........ 🤮 ..... sorry, but anyway, says he doesn't understand morally what he is doing?  Bullshit on that 😉 

Says that Jim halperin has a lot of influence and that Deniz doesn't necessarily know that he is being used........ **insert justin timberlake gif here**

Heritage invited him to their headquarters, i think we all knew that

**i speculate that they want to serve him 🤷‍♂️**  <---my thoughts not him

Says he would go if it wasn't for covid.

Says he is going to release a second video, i think we knew this, about the inaccuracies in the first video....

Gives a brief "what my next video is about"

Karl hypes up PC collecting......**shhhhh** don't tell anyone

@Shmup

Feel free to do your own listening, but my "cliff" notes     jack sparrow falling GIF

Thanks I appreciate the notes and it looks like nothing we haven't already been discussing over the last 100 pages or so 🙂

• Like 1

How is a two hour video too long for people? I have videos rolling pretty much from the moment I wake up to the moment I drunkenly pass out each night, I get through like EASILY 8 hours+ of content per day.😉

I mainly just listen with it on in the background and get on with whatever else I'm up to, UNLESS there is a bodacious DUDE in a HOT fuckin tankie to distract me, ROWWWWWWWR! 😍

@Maertens29 😘

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1