IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

2 minutes ago, Ricky Winterborn said:

Welcome to Capitalism. Jesus.  Name any product that doesn’t start with a couple early adopter/influencers followed by the mobs of cash paying/neck-breaking consumers. Rolex, Tiffany, Air Jordans, Gucci. Take your pick. Having people ravenous for a product is not some great evil because at the end of the day, people vote with their wallets. If they get tired of immaculate sealed games and Nike’s made in sweatshops, no amount of influence will change that. 

Yeah, people are free to spend their money how they like, and' I'm free to call them a bunch of idiots! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Ricky Winterborn said:

Absolutely you are. I just think it’s a little disingenuous to make like this phenomenon is new or unique to WATA or graded video games when it’s not. 

I mean, I don't know where you got that from anything I have said? They're following the market maker's playbook to a tee, and we have literally been talking about how Jim Halperin did the same thing with the coin market like 30 years ago...

So, read better, I guess?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Err, do you not understand how market manipulation works?

First off, i like you 😉 so hear me out

Second first off: I dont give a shit about call of duty but you cant deny its a big name/game franchise

Here are my thoughts on this, yes you are correct on your post above but here is my logic, the 23k$ sale happened tonight for a 9.8 A+ (These always get a premium since its as good as it gets)

The only 3 past sales on HA for a first print original call of duty for ps2 (which is a big key title for what the franchise has become) have ended at these prices :

October 12 2020 : 9.4 B+ : 252$

September 13 2020 : 9.8 A : 2040$

July 11th 2021 : 9.6 A+ : 2880$

Also, I have nothing to hide so you need to know i have been looking at sealed games sold auctions for NES mostly but for all systems almost on a daily basis on ebay for 15+ years and on HA for as long as they have been selling games.

These 3 prices make total sense to me, and i think there is no way these 3 auctions were manipulated or shill bid involved, and thats just one example, i could literally point out hundreds of examples where the price rise has been steady since way way before WATA.

That POP report everyone wants to see, well i have a pretty good one in my head !

Sealed games in mint condition are not common ! They are RARE WOW LOOK $&&@. 🙂

Even if there are 30 Mario 64’s 9.8 A++, that’s not a lot in my opinion.

I honestly think that the sealed retro video games market prices had been low/dormant for too long and now its finally getting some real hype and slowly catching up to cards and other hobbys where some prices are ridiculous as well.

Thats all i got for now

PS : i have sealed games 😉

6 minutes ago, OptOut said:

I mean, I don't know where you got that from anything I have said? They're following the market maker's playbook to a tee, and we have literally been talking about how Jim Halperin did the same thing with the coin market like 30 years ago...

Wait.

You expect people to read stuff?

In a forum?

THIS FORUM???

...Pardon me for the fact I have to sit down and process this.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Maybe I inferred a bit more than you said. It’s late here. 😊. It seems like I’ve been reading the same stuff over and over here and it just doesn’t connect with me the way it has with others.  It’s just textbook capitalism, and not unique to WATA. Btw, that same system can really benefit a lot of folks selling right now. Anyhow, if I misrepresented you, I apologize. 🤛

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Ricky Winterborn said:

Maybe I inferred a bit more than you said. It’s late here. 😊. It seems like I’ve been reading the same stuff over and over here and it just doesn’t connect with me the way it has with others.  It’s just textbook capitalism, and not unique to WATA. Btw, that same system can really benefit a lot of folks selling right now. Anyhow, if I misrepresented you, I apologize. 🤛

Yo what the heck is this? CIVILITY!? 

BANNED! 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ricky Winterborn said:

Capitalism isn’t always a good thing though. Too much greed can turn a market into something that isn’t in the hobby/market’s best interest. For a hobby to grow, you want it to sustain for as long as it can and trust among consumers is the crucial component.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Oh lol. Sorry, it's getting late. Yeah, they aren't worth shit since they probably come from the double packs.

Are we really saying Call of Duty "only" sold for $2k because it wasn't a first print? What the hell kind of messed up timeline are we living in...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LifeGame said:

So tell me this since you guys seem know it all...

Is WATA also shill bidding these VGA Call of Duties on Ebay that are part of the reprint set and are worth about 7$ to me...sorry guys but you need to realise that even without any WATA shenanigans things are nuts and its not going to change anytime soon im afraid.

My favorite part was where you asked for information/explanation but then said you've already made up your mind anyway.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Alder said:

Are we really saying Call of Duty "only" sold for $2k because it wasn't a first print? What the hell kind of messed up timeline are we living in...

My thoughts too. I can’t believe we live in a world where COD is getting $2k let alone over $22k all because it is apparently “significant”. I actually find these prices more insane than the mario64.

Events Helper · Posted
19 minutes ago, Shmup said:

My thoughts too. I can’t believe we live in a world where COD is getting $2k let alone over $22k all because it is apparently “significant”. I actually find these prices more insane than the mario64.

at least Mario 64 is a good game 😆

• Love 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, LifeGame said:

First off, i like you 😉 so hear me out

Second first off: I dont give a shit about call of duty but you cant deny its a big name/game franchise

Here are my thoughts on this, yes you are correct on your post above but here is my logic, the 23k$ sale happened tonight for a 9.8 A+ (These always get a premium since its as good as it gets)

The only 3 past sales on HA for a first print original call of duty for ps2 (which is a big key title for what the franchise has become) have ended at these prices :

October 12 2020 : 9.4 B+ : 252$

September 13 2020 : 9.8 A : 2040$

July 11th 2021 : 9.6 A+ : 2880$

Also, I have nothing to hide so you need to know i have been looking at sealed games sold auctions for NES mostly but for all systems almost on a daily basis on ebay for 15+ years and on HA for as long as they have been selling games.

These 3 prices make total sense to me, and i think there is no way these 3 auctions were manipulated or shill bid involved, and thats just one example, i could literally point out hundreds of examples where the price rise has been steady since way way before WATA.

That POP report everyone wants to see, well i have a pretty good one in my head !

Sealed games in mint condition are not common ! They are RARE WOW LOOK $&&@. 🙂

Even if there are 30 Mario 64’s 9.8 A++, that’s not a lot in my opinion.

I honestly think that the sealed retro video games market prices had been low/dormant for too long and now its finally getting some real hype and slowly catching up to cards and other hobbys where some prices are ridiculous as well.

Thats all i got for now

PS : i have sealed games 😉

BAHHAHAHHA “SLOWLY CATCHING UP”. No, stop trying to rationalize the irrational. Optie is right. It’s spill out from the manipulators. Idiots who think they can get rich quick off of a sealed call of duty. People this isn’t rocket science. CaPiTaLiSm. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WarMech said:

I'm not going to lie, sending some of my sealed games out for grading for a future auction is still tempting at this point when I see some of these results, but that whole $10K minimum value you're required to send to HA really stops me in my tracks.

The thought of making enough to stay at home with little to no interactions with society outside my house until covid is over and done with...if that ever happens....is nice, but it doesn't kill off the paranoia I have that my stuff won't end well.

They gave me an estimate on a game and then I sold it privately the next day for 350% of their estimate. You can still make money outside of Heritage. 

• Wow! 1

8 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

930k views on the Jobst video. Closing in on 1M. 

Impressive considering the length of the video.  I wonder what percentage is watching until the end.  His Minecraft video also broke 1 million views in under 2 months and that video clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes.  

2 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

My favorite part was where you asked for information/explanation but then said you've already made up your mind anyway.

As long as we dont have proof of shill bidding or real fraudulent stuff i wont get on the internet gospel hype train…if proof comes out and real sanctions are handed by actual authorities i will then gladly admit i was wrong…will you do the same if nothing is proven ?

Just now, LifeGame said:

As long as we dont have proof of shill bidding or real fraudulent stuff i wont get on the internet gospel hype train…if proof comes out and real sanctions are handed by actual authorities i will then gladly admit i was wrong…will you do the same if nothing is proven ?

I mean what do you need? A subpoena of records of who bid on heritage auctions items? Kind of seems a bit over kill to say I need proof. I’d think a jump on Mario 64 from $10k to $1.56 in 6 months and a call of duty anything for $22k is circumstantial enough. But sure. 

1 hour ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

BAHHAHAHHA “SLOWLY CATCHING UP”. No, stop trying to rationalize the irrational. Optie is right. It’s spill out from the manipulators. Idiots who think they can get rich quick off of a sealed call of duty. People this isn’t rocket science. CaPiTaLiSm. 

Sealed stuff has been climbing steady for a decade, sure now we see some prices i find ridiculous as well but isn’t a first batman comic that sold for 4 mil also ridiculous ?

Of course now its touching our precious games so we are not happy about it, i get it. 

My point is that i think this was a long time coming for our hobby but the boom was too big for a lot of us, myself included as will never get some of the games i wanted now…