IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

2 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

lol, yeah, even ran it for a bit on my own BBS.  Usurper, LORD, TradeWars 2002, Pimp Wars, BarneySplat!, Solar/Barren Realms Elite...lots of good stuff from those days.  Ooh, The Pit! as well, but I never had a copy and the only registered copy that ran in my area shut down after a year or two.  I want to say there was a Usurper clone (or something Usurper was cloned from) that was also fun to play, but I can't remember what it was. Good times.

I loved TradeWars 2002!

3 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

lol, yeah, even ran it for a bit on my own BBS.  Usurper, LORD, TradeWars 2002, Pimp Wars, BarneySplat!, Solar/Barren Realms Elite...lots of good stuff from those days.  Ooh, The Pit! as well, but I never had a copy and the only registered copy that ran in my area shut down after a year or two.  I want to say there was a Usurper clone (or something Usurper was cloned from) that was also fun to play, but I can't remember what it was. Good times.

Haha, forgot about Pimp Wars.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

Do you happen to know what the donations (direct, fundraisers, Patreon, etc.) amounted to?  If the whole thing ended up at the point of being user funded, I'm going to be more pissed disappointed than I was before.

While I wasn't privy to that, I would highly doubt any type of surplus with those being the monthly costs.   

There hadn't been a "server drive" in quite some time before the end (as in years), so the only regular donations coming in would have been the Patreon subs.  

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

Excuse me GOLDIN Auctions, you just wandered in the wrong thread buddy. I'm actually just curious to see which one sells higher. 95U is probably a bit more prestigious than 9.8 A++, but the Wata copy will be easier to liquidate (so basically the Wata copy will sell for more, what am I even saying).

I would complain this Goldin Auction is just the same old stuff that comes up in every big auction, but they do have one interesting lot 😮 

https://goldinauctions.com/1997_Original_Grand_Theft_Auto_PC_Fail_Script_With-LOT107329.aspx

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Excuse me GOLDIN Auctions, you just wandered in the wrong thread buddy. I'm actually just curious to see which one sells higher. 95U is probably a bit more prestigious than 9.8 A++, but the Wata copy will be easier to liquidate (so basically the Wata copy will sell for more, what am I even saying).

I would complain this Goldin Auction is just the same old stuff that comes up in every big auction, but they do have one interesting lot 😮 

https://goldinauctions.com/1997_Original_Grand_Theft_Auto_PC_Fail_Script_With-LOT107329.aspx

One interesting lot? Did your cat walk in front of this one?!

https://goldinauctions.com/2004_Inaugural_FIFA_eWorld_Cup_2nd_Place_Trophy_Aw-LOT102767.aspx

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

I've been informed that it is possible that the 9.8 A++ may be in better condition than the 95U, due to the way VGA grades N64 boxes. I'm going to go ahead and say that the 9.8 A++ will sell for more since the investor types probably don't know what VGA is.

• Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, tidaldreams said:

I've been informed that it is possible that the 9.8 A++ may be in better condition than the 95U, due to the way VGA grades N64 boxes. I'm going to go ahead and say that the 9.8 A++ will sell for more since the investor types probably don't know what VGA is.

I’m going to assume that by “investor types”, you mean bidders with an ownership stake in Heritage Auctions and/or WATA.  In that case, I agree with you 100%. 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, inasuma said:

Agreed. The fact even an 85+ can be on par with 9.8 A++ says it all tbh. 

That’s not accurate. 95s sometimes still have trouble crossing over. An 85+ tells us either the seal or box or combination of both has wear/damage.  Thus an 85+ objectively would not cross to an 9.8 A++.  

11 minutes ago, Crystalis88 said:

How does everyone feel about mark haspel running an eBay business selling Wata games ? Story dropped this morning 

I think that at this point if you’re a WATA or HA defender, you should have a CAT scan done on your head immediately to find out what mentally debilitating brain injury you have.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Ricky Winterborn said:

That’s not accurate. 95s sometimes still have trouble crossing over. An 85+ tells us either the seal or box or combination of both has wear/damage.  Thus an 85+ objectively would not cross to an 9.8 A++.  

Well I’m not claiming it will happen 100% of the time.

I’m basing what I said on JoneBone’s crossover guide. The chances are slim but an 85+ can still make the cut.

The higher the vga grade, the better the chances.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

My activity definitely went up since the change

Me too.  I felt gatekept any time I'd post over at NA in the later years.  Half of my posts resulted in some old member being condescending or petty and I'd just throw my arms up with a big eye roll.  Ultimately it discouraged me from participating even if I wanted to ask an earnest question about something.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, karljobst said:

I just read it.

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. 

I know this Seth guy has gotten some flack from board members here, but this article is pretty damning. Unless I missed something, I don't see how the article is anything else besides irrefutable proof that WATA is allowing it's employees to own and sell WATA graded games. 

Unbelievable! Or maybe not that unbelievable actually...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zoiks66 said:

I think that at this point if you’re a WATA or HA defender, you should have a CAT scan done on your head immediately to find out what mentally debilitating brain injury you have.

I believe the medical terminology for that is "Being an unscrupulous greedy fuck nugget."

• Haha 4
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Alder said:

I mean, that's pretty damning evidence, but I don't consider the lack of a LinkedIn profile suspicious.

I believe it is suspicious because he most likely did not want people to search his name from ebay purchases and discover the affiliation. Ive often looked for people Ive bought from if they have multiple items listed so that I can buy from them off of ebay. Just a guess though.