IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Elevator Action!

BeaIank

Wow, 2nd page score reservation and it's only quarter to ten.

1st pic is death by elevator, a-ha ... a-ha  ha

2nd pic is after "re-start."  If that's cuz we're supposed to photo it w/the flashing 1UP I musta got it when it flashed off   ????

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Entering the bottom elevator without entering all the red doors returns the game to an earlier point in the level and avoids the enemy speed-up 

Wait, so what, the stage never actually times out when you do that, or will the alarm still go off eventually?

I was hoping this would play accurately to the arcade version, but this exploit sounds boring. 😞 
Glad there's a one-life limit though, otherwise the game can get really tedious.

9 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

When you're not point scumming for an internet competition, this is an awesome game with a fine blend of action and strategy that's really fun to try and hit the loop point on...

Yeah, I finished it for the 2021 NES completions thread. It is a lot more fun when playing normally than it is just to camp out at the end of a hallway shooting enemies as they come out of the doors for an hour. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

9 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@NESfiend and I are I think lol

Goddamn right we are jeeves. Been watching for your avator to come waltzing down the beach. Even with my wide strike zone, I couldnt get into elevator action. I think the problem is it isnt anesthetically pleasing with black and white. Im still playing last weeks game and its damn fun, and it looks nice 

20210818_193645.jpg

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
37 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Goddamn right we are jeeves. Been watching for your avator to come waltzing down the beach. Even with my wide strike zone, I couldnt get into elevator action. I think the problem is it isnt anesthetically pleasing with black and white. Im still playing last weeks game and its damn fun, and it looks nice 

20210818_193645.jpg

elevator action is pretty fun tho.  I played just a bit on my snes mini and got an ok score, but I was just practicing.  had a few to play today as it was a shopping day....

Don't have my patented envelope, so hopefully I'll be home in time enough to get a good score in.

42 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

20210818_193645.jpg

I honestly don't know how the RF lines from that toploader aren't burned into your retinas by now.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I honestly don't know how the RF lines from that toploader aren't burned into your retinas by now.

I've been collecting for over twenty years, and I still can't figure out why anyone would ever use one......  ever.

NES Toploaders: Not even once.

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Dr. Morbis said:

I've been collecting for over twenty years, and I still can't figure out why anyone would ever use one ever.

NES Toploaders: Not even once.

You and me both. Those vertical lines seriously get on my nerves and you can still see them just enough to be annoying even with an AV mod.