IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Elevator Action!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I've been collecting for over twenty years, and I still can't figure out why anyone would ever use one......  ever.

NES Toploaders: Not even once.

Plus they come with those shitty dogbone controllers with the face buttons that are angled the wrong way.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I've been collecting for over twenty years, and I still can't figure out why anyone would ever use one......  ever.

NES Toploaders: Not even once.

I like not having to disassemble my NES, boil pins, etc. to get games to work. The vertical lines don't bother me at all.

Just now, Richardhead said:

I think it’s pretty fun. The way I’m playing is keeping it interesting for me. 
If I had a day off coming up, I could probably be pretty competitive.

I like it, but I played it a lot as a kid. I also think 10 Yard Fight and Urban Champion are fun, so my judgement may be suspect.

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I like it, but I played it a lot as a kid. I also think 10 Yard Fight and Urban Champion are fun, so my judgement may be suspect.

I enjoy 10-Yard Fight (and most other NES games people hate) and my only real gripe with Urban Champion is that it's nigh impossible to finish: you could set your own loop point, I guess, but the trophy symbols it gives you keep changing so it would take literally thousands of fights to get through them all.  As someone who's recording every NES completion and trying to beat the whole library, games like this really irk me...

1 minute ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I enjoy 10-Yard Fight (and most other NES games people hate) and my only real gripe with Urban Champion is that it's nigh impossible to finish: you could set your own loop point, I guess, but the trophy symbols it gives you keep changing so it would take literally thousands of fights to get through them all.  As someone who's recording every NES completion and trying to beat the whole library, games like this really irk me...

I like most of the black box games outside of Volleyball. I won a game once and never had any desire to play it again.