IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Elevator Action!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Be prepared, my skilled players, for it is time for some SPYING action!
Put in your best tux, grab your gun, your gadgets and go steal super secrets from the bad guys building!

This week we tackle another excellent Micronics port for the NES, Elevator Action!

The rules for this one are very simple:

• Play till you lose your first life.
  • Pause the game once the game restarts and take your picture.
  • You are allowed to use the enemy AI exploit:
    • Entering the bottom elevator without entering all the red doors returns the game to an earlier point in the level and avoids the enemy speed-up 
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 3,000
  • GENRE: Arcade

22_Elevator_Action_Sage.png.f9cb77c86ae0

The contest ends Sunday, 08/22/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

Events Team · Posted
1st Bearcat-Doug 211,000
2nd Gloves 110,000
3rd Jeevan 48,550
4th the_wizard_666 16,750
5th Dr. Morbis 14,200
6th 0xDEAFC0DE 13,150
7th NESfiend 12,250
8th Richardhead 9,900
8th JamesRobot 9,900
10th mbd39 6,600
11th PII 6,450
12th Krunch 4,250
13th docile tapeworm 4,000

I love this game, but I've never played it strictly for points.  I also adore the little graphic in the first post!

Anyway, reserved for SCORE! 😛

SCORE EDIT - I haven't really had much time this week for games, so this is probably it for me:

EA 1.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis

3 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Why don’t ya just post a score to reserve your score ? 😝

Because that would take a bit of time and I probably won't be getting around to it today, and sometimes these threads catch fire with a ton of posts, and I really hate having to find my post every time I need to update my score when it's not on the first page.

How's that for a longwinded excuse? 😛

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Because that would take a bit of time and I probably won't be getting around to it today, and sometimes these threads catch fire with a ton of posts, and I really hate having to find my post every time I need to update my score when it's not on the first page.

How's that for a longwinded excuse? 😛

😁

36 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Looks like enemies get more aggressive and start ducking while shooting if you try to point press for too long. I thought maybe there was need for a rule change but no. There is a de facto timer.

I was going to say the same thing. If you find a safe spot, you can just camp out and keep racking points. I got over 35k before I got bored. If I get time this week, I might see how far I can push it. 

9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I was going to say the same thing. If you find a safe spot, you can just camp out and keep racking points. I got over 35k before I got bored. If I get time this week, I might see how far I can push it. 

There are safe spots? There might be need for a rule change then. Maybe progress over score.

I tried just ducking and shooting on the first platform and it worked until the enemies started to duck and shoot.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

There are safe spots? There might be need for a rule change then. Maybe progress over score.

I tried just ducking and shooting on the first platform and it worked until the enemies started to duck and shoot.

I was doing the same thing, you just have to try not to get shot!