IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Vice Project Doom!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Welcome, welcome!

We're getting ready for a brand new week of adventure and platforming on our beloved weekly contest.
This time, our contestants will tackle a classic. A super easy platforming game! Vice: Project Doom!

The rules are extra simple this time:

• 1-life only
  • When you beat the final boss first form, your run ends immediately there, press on pause and take a picture of your score. You can't fight the final boss second form at all.
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 20,000
  • GENRE: Platformer

14_Vice_Project_Doom_Sage.png.73a48a62a4

The contest ends Sunday, 06/20/21 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Events Team · Posted
1st PII 607,000
2nd Krunch 543,200
3rd mbd39 510,300
4th Dr. Morbis 369,300
5th dvertov 350,300
6th Jeevan 185,100
7th Californication 146,600
8th NESfiend 128,200
9th Ausden 118,300
10th 0xDEAFC0DE 100,100
11th nesmaster14 91,300
12th bertsampson 84,400
13th FireHazard51 54,000
14th RH 52,000
15th the_wizard_666 51,100
16th CasualCart 32,500
17th JamesRobot 30,300

Reserved for score as well.  Looking forward to my first week in a long time that I can actually spend some time with the ol' NES...

SCORE EDIT #1 - Played through the game once as a re-familiarization exercise and then restarted and played till I died to see where my initial skill level is at: 116,700

SCORE EDIT #2 - A little bit better, but falling in pits is still my number one cause of deaths about 99% of the time: 165,600

SCORE EDIT #3 - 1CC'd the game with two deaths. First death on 9-2 at: 257,100

SCORE EDIT #4 - Finally pulled off a No-Death Run.  Here's the shot right after killing the final boss's first form: 369,300

VPD-4.JPG

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

In for a rusty reserved score for Vice Project Broom. 

viceprojectbroom_score_01.jpeg.10a30d31eae1ad0a39cccce976183b72.jpeg

Old score from earlier in the week, haven't had much time to put into this one.  Really fun game though and I liked the one-life aspect for this contest, made for a more intense play!

Edited by nesmaster14
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

366,400       387,500       410,500       415,700       572,600       607,000

@BeaIank : Hopefully the corner of my usual monitor is not an issue as far as reading the score.  If it is please let me know.

Also, not certain but I don't think its possible to pause right after the first form of the final boss is beaten... Update: definitely not possible to pause after beating a boss including final/first form.  Would have to be at the beginning of final/2nd form.

607,000.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

On 6/13/2021 at 4:35 PM, RH said:

PXL_20210614_185818917.jpg.64181b292b7e89b5e5b6f773e4239658.jpg

I always enjoy describing the 80's for those who were not yet in the world:

It was a time when the division between the young and the more experienced could result in parents being oblivious to this fella crawling around their child's game waiting to be punished...lol.

• Haha 2

@Bearcat-Doug, watching the reds game on the Cincinnati feed and goddamn this network is the most shameless with in game commercials of any Ive seen in NBA or MLB. Maybe you can get a few calls in on that for me since you apparently lost your NES

Also, if you havent watched gutierrez pitch, you should. Best rookie no one is talking about 

10 hours ago, NESfiend said:

@Bearcat-Doug, watching the reds game on the Cincinnati feed and goddamn this network is the most shameless with in game commercials of any Ive seen in NBA or MLB. Maybe you can get a few calls in on that for me since you apparently lost your NES

Also, if you havent watched gutierrez pitch, you should. Best rookie no one is talking about 

I usually watch the games with the sound turned down. Besides the fact that it sounds like an infomercial, the announcers are just awful.

8 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I usually watch the games with the sound turned down. Besides the fact that it sounds like an infomercial, the announcers are just awful.

I actually thought the commentary was pretty good generally. It gets pretty though transitioning from a pitchers stats to an in game liquor or gambling commercial. And there were a lot.

You gonna play this week? Good platformer, seems up your alley. And bert posted a tuesday score that surprisingly wasnt a complete run through, so you got a shot against your nemisis. 

We need you and @docile tapewormto wake up from your summer slumber. I made a podium on a shooter last week. Thats never supposed to happen. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I actually thought the commentary was pretty good generally. It gets pretty though transitioning from a pitchers stats to an in game liquor or gambling commercial. And there were a lot.

You gonna play this week? Good platformer, seems up your alley. And bert posted a tuesday score that surprisingly wasnt a complete run through, so you got a shot against your nemisis. 

We need you and @docile tapewormto wake up from your summer slumber. I made a podium on a shooter last week. Thats never supposed to happen. 

I thought about giving it a try. I remember playing it a few years back, but I never got into it for whatever reason.