IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Vice Project Doom!

BeaIank

13 hours ago, mbd39 said:

Maybe they could have done a little more with the driving and shooting stages, but there's not much to complain about. Very solid game.

Yeah, they seem so tacked on.  And since they're so easy (has anyone ever actually died on a driving or shooting stage in the history of ever?) they just feel like 100% filler.  They are fun to play through though, so whatever.  My only real complaint is that they started with a driving level, so if a guy has dozens of games to test out, he pops it in, and, "oh, driving game; not my jam," and that's the end of that.  I would have put the driving stage at the start of Stage 2 so gamers could experience the kick-ass sidescrolling action right from the get go...

Events Team · Posted
On 6/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, PII said:

Update: definitely not possible to pause after beating a boss including final/first form.  Would have to be at the beginning of final/2nd form.

That is exactly what you are supposed to do.
Either pause the game or just take your picture as the fight with the boss 2nd form starts.

6 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Yeah, they seem so tacked on.  And since they're so easy (has anyone ever actually died on a driving or shooting stage in the history of ever?)

Yes... I restarted a game once and then got an important phone call. 🤣

41 minutes ago, dvertov said:

Updated. Unfortunately, for some reason my kids don’t want to watch me practice the last level of this game for another hour today so that’s probably my final score. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there.

Funny you state that. My wife and I had a discussion a couple days ago about what I could be doing today. She mentioned, on Mother's Day, she got to spend time out of the house, relax and have "me time". She tried to encourage me to do the same today when I mentioned wanting to work on some of my game projects.

Lovingly I was like, that's not how Father's Day works. Mom is with the kids all the time, while I'm at work. A good Mother's Day has built in time-off for Mom. However, because Dad is busy at work a lot of the time, Father's Day is a time spent WITH Dad.

This is my expectation because that's just how it is. Now, I need to break and help my son fix and reassemble his R/C car.

2 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Current standings posted.

Realized I didnt have a photo loaded for my score. Fixed. Annoyed I had no time this week when we had such a good game on the schedule. July is jam packed too and worst week of the summer for me is double dragon week. Thats life I guess

I finally got the game figured out. I feel confident about most of the point pressing spots. I get how the timer works on the middle levels. But I am having trouble bridging my high point runs between stages 1-4 and 5-7. And my hand is killing me. If I can't get a clean run through level 5 I might just settle for 100K. 

I'm happy with 3rd. But I played it real safe with my point pressing so I know I could have done way better.

I couldn't even find a good point pressing spot in 8-2 so that would've helped.

Edited by mbd39

5 minutes ago, PII said:

My last run of the night, met my final goal anyhow.  Would have to be a top notch speed runner/boss master + farmhand to even entertain the notion of 700k, I think.   As usual after a week like this, one digit of one finger is very numb...

Krunch came close to 700k when we last played this in 2017.

5 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

Krunch came close to 700k when we last played this in 2017.

Slight thing is that in that contest weren’t we beating the final boss too? I don’t remember the point bonus but I have to assume it’s pretty hefty.  Theoretically that’s not a pure gain though because you could use the time to farm in the main part of the last level.