IGNORED

VGS NES Weekly Contest - Vice Project Doom!

BeaIank

Events Helper · Posted
57 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

32,500 - Participation!

I love Vice Project Doom (and most other Ninja Gaiden ripoffs), but I need to set some kind of achievable goal for myself or I know I won't stick with it this week.

-CasualCart

1583526960_CasualCartVPD32500.jpg.960939c215a4ab9d3fc0bce229611575.jpg

1,000,000,000 😊

On 6/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, dvertov said:

5E8FCB07-6F93-49FC-BD89-5D2A2043413D.jpeg.e742ea63bdee1c011c3f9649d11d9856.jpeg

Heh, we both posted new scores at almost exactly the same time, and our scores were almost identical... except that I beat you by a hair 😛  The real question, though, is how did I get twice as many coins as you going through the exact same levels to almost the exact same point in the game (7-1 vs 7-2)??? Weird...

Edited by Dr. Morbis

6 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Heh, we both posted new scores at almost exactly the same time, and our scores were almost identical... except that I beat you by a hair 😛  The real question, though, is how did I get twice as many coins as you going through the exact same levels to almost the exact same point in the game (7-1 vs 7-2)??? Weird...

Oh wow, ha. Yeah I made a dumb jump at the end of the train right before 7-2 starts and blew a pretty good run. I’m not bothering with coins at all since they don’t add to the score and the only reason to pick them up is to add extra lives I don’t need. 😬

3 minutes ago, dvertov said:

Oh wow, ha. Yeah I made a dumb jump at the end of the train right before 7-2 starts and blew a pretty good run. I’m not bothering with coins at all since they don’t add to the score and the only reason to pick them up is to add extra lives I don’t need. 😬

I've been hunting down coins since I still haven't 1CC'd the game.  Once I've done that, I'll stop getting coins and just work on a No-Death Run... but one step at a time 🙂

15 hours ago, Richardhead said:

No. A few years ago we played this game. Was “winning” all week. Then you know…

Its a new year richie. Last year I played my ass off. Never got a win and hit only a few podiums. Waited a long time just for my first third place finish.

This year I have 3 or 4 wins. If I can do it you can. We were in the same league as far as skills/scores go generally. Youll get a win this year if you get it going

Edited by NESfiend
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 10:18 PM, Dr. Morbis said:

Reserved for score as well.  Looking forward to my first week in a long time that I can actually spend some time with the ol' NES...

SCORE EDIT #1 - Played through the game once as a re-familiarization exercise and then restarted and played till I died to see where my initial skill level is at: 116,700

SCORE EDIT #2 - A little bit better, but falling in pits is still my number one cause of deaths about 99% of the time: 165,600

VPD-2.JPG

7-2 is the scariest level of the game for me. If I can get through then I breathe a sigh of relief.

I love the graphics. There's a lot of cool effects such as the parallax and lighting, nicely detailed backgrounds, great use of the NES palette. Really shows what the hardware can do in the right hands. The music is good too.

Maybe they could have done a little more with the driving and shooting stages, but there's not much to complain about. Very solid game.

• Like 1