IGNORED

New Home Page!

Gloves

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

I like to throw you webdev types off by spoofing my browser to read as Internet Explorer 7.

Edit: Also, I usually click the Sage to go to the front page of the forum. I keep getting thrown back to the landing page 🥺

@Gloves super this for people on mobile clicking the sage is the only way I know how to get back to the forum homepage

• Like 1

I didn't want to complain but I totally click on the sage to get back to the main page, and honestly sometimes just to refresh. I was just going to work on developing new habits...but yeah if the sage could take you to the forums or to your current sub-section of the site or something...I would consider that an improvement.

Did I mention you guys are great?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

There, I changed it.

You don’t HAVE to, you could just give us a one click button to get there on mobile and we’ll get used to it.

Ill admit I’d like a home page and only way to have an active and healthy one that’s USED is if there’s a simple way to get there, but also if there’s no simple way to access the forum then usage will go down as well.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

You don’t HAVE to, you could just give us a one click button to get there on mobile and we’ll get used to it.

Ill admit I’d like a home page and only way to have an active and healthy one that’s USED is if there’s a simple way to get there, but also if there’s no simple way to access the forum then usage will go down as well.

Could always switch the two purposes. I added a "home" link to get there easily. 

Maybe I do a poll lol. 

Someone else do a poll.

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, BortLicensePlate said:

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the new homepage 🙂

The logo not taking me to the main boards threw me off a bit as well. I think the button gloves added is a good addition

Yeah, you did an excellent job with it! And yeah, I agree that I think the Home button is a good compromise.

• Like 1

wait what. we have a mobile app?  why didn't someone tell me this? i have been running back and forth the office and the garage looking for the latest updated and all this time i could have been using the Mobile APP. 

Someone please tell me this is not true....

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, JVOSS said:

wait what. we have a mobile app?  why didn't someone tell me this? i have been running back and forth the office and the garage looking for the latest updated and all this time i could have been using the Mobile APP. 

Someone please tell me this is not true....

how do i get to the home page this is my phone

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/8197jZ-AGeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Great looking home page.

• Haha 3

All I can say is that a title page needs more promotional content.

For U.S. released games, you already have a slew of members that might be willing to create a new topic that helps new collectors to know if the sealed (or CIB) game they own is authentic. As well make an easy to understand list for those who need to know what they have is authentic.

As for grading companies, there are more than two out there. And collectors should be informed on how each one grades, and so on. Because there is an actual process that both VGA and CAS grades pre-GC era Nintendo titles. Something I have spent studying prior to Wata being a thing. But whatever. It is a good option no other site really offers.

And finally, import games. Again, I have also been dealing with this for a long time. But instead of going onto that, I will just say that others (who are better understood) should help build that up. Because in the end things like that may help create actual inclusion for those who do not collect like others.

Other than that... It looks like a good start. 👍

@Gloves any way to make the homepage button standout a little more? Maybe add a house icon on it, or even rename it to “News” or something like that.

I want a frontpage to thrive on this site if that’s where you want to take it.

NintendoAge suffered from a poorly utilized homepage...shouldn’t be the same here.

OR you can take a complete different route and merge the frontpage to the forum. But that’s a lot of work and will probably be met with some more verbal backlash.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, ThePhleo said:

@Gloves any way to make the homepage button standout a little more? Maybe add a house icon on it, or even rename it to “News” or something like that.

I want a frontpage to thrive on this site if that’s where you want to take it.

NintendoAge suffered from a poorly utilized homepage...shouldn’t be the same here.

OR you can take a complete different route and merge the frontpage to the forum. But that’s a lot of work and will probably be met with some more verbal backlash.

The home page has 2 real purposes:

1. Welcoming new users to the site, and giving them a general idea of what to expect
  2. Increasing SEO for the site so more users find us naturally through search

The news feed on it serves the 2nd purpose primarily.

That same news feed is also available via the main nav on this page (and it has ALL of the news from that feed): https://www.videogamesage.com/ourpicks/

We're 100% planning on keeping the home page and the news feed up to date, and I'm not sure that the home page necessarily needs to be MORE visible, as it IS the literal home page - it's the very root of the site now. I much prefer to use simple language (e.g. "Home") than potentially confusing icons for something like that.

That said, the feedback is appreciated and if it gets brought up more we can always adjust.