IGNORED

Movie Debate #55: T2 Judgment Day

Reed Rothchild

Rate it  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Rate based on your own personal preferences

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite movies of all time. Top 10.
    • 9/10 - Killer fucking movie. Everyone should watch it.
    • 8/10 - Great movie. Maybe one of the best released that year.
    • 7/10 - Very good movie, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional watch, or tune in if you happen to catch it on cable.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to watch.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Not your cup of tea at all. Some people might like this, but you are not one of them.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - The Citizen Kane of painful experiences. You'd rather shove an icepick in your retinas than watch this.
    • Never seen it, but you're interested.
    • Never seen it, never will.
  2. 2. Best further sequel

• Terminator 3
    • Terminator Salvation
    • Terminator Genisys
    • Terminator Dark Fate
    • I don't know
    • Fuck all that shit!

Events Team · Posted

Probably the last 10 chronologically of Arnold's career.  Might be able to squeeze True Lies in there.

Genisys was my favorite of the further plotlines.  Really wished that one did well so we could've seen the continuation of that story instead of another reboot.  I do like them all to some degree though. 

Events Team · Posted

9/10, definitely one of my favorite action movies, and a really great story too. Kind of sucks that most of the horror elements of the first Terminator movie is gone with this one, but just like the first two Alien movies, this one has an appeal of it's own.

I haven't actually seen any of the further sequels so I voted I don't know, but of the bits and pieces I have seen of them, I feel like I would actually enjoy Salvation a decent bit. I like the idea of them finally setting a movie in the future.

While not perfect, it's perfect for the franchise that nothing else quite made it to or fell very far from depending. 🙂  One of the best action movies hands down from that generation of stuff, a point after the 80s when you could get some new sci-fi tech going, blending with the old, yet somehow has aged amazing so it doesn't seem rough (like Jurassic Park does now.)

I have to admit though the latest one, I really got into it too as it really felt like the other part of this movie, like they tried to erase a lot of mistakes after this one. 😄

I bet that was quite the plot twist at the time seeing Arnold turn out to be "the good guy" that time!

And happy 30th anniversary to both this movie and one of the most iconic movies of my childhood, TMNT2: The Secret of the Ooze starring this TWO hit wonder! 😄 

PS: Could we do a movie review for this one too seeing as how it also celebrates it's 30th anniversary this year?

• Like 3

This movie always keeps me thinking about it long after I watch it, every time. It's captures the early 90's so perfectly, and yet feels so prescient even as we get into the 20's. I have the movie poster up, bought the T-800 Hot Toys figure for my movie figures display...this movie is just so iconic to me.

I wouldn't be able to say this often, but easy 10 from me.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
40 minutes ago, Estil said:

I bet that was quite the plot twist at the time seeing Arnold turn out to be "the good guy" that time!

And happy 30th anniversary to both this movie and one of the most iconic movies of my childhood, TMNT2: The Secret of the Ooze starring this TWO hit wonder! 😄 

PS: Could we do a movie review for this one too seeing as how it also celebrates it's 30th anniversary this year?

Unlikely.  If I'm gonna do a Corey movie, it has to actually have a Corey in it.

• Haha 1

10. I'm a horror fan so I love the horror aspect of Terminator 1, but T2 is the movie I basically benchmark all other action movies against. When I'm bored watching a city blow up in a 10 trillion CGI particles explosion that took 450 artists and the world's most powerful supercomputer 5 years to render, I think back to how exciting watching Arnold Schwarzenegger drive a motorcycle down a canal was.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

10. I'm a horror fan so I love the horror aspect of Terminator 1, but T2 is the movie I basically benchmark all other action movies against. When I'm bored watching a city blow up in a 10 trillion CGI particles explosion that took 450 artists and the world's most powerful supercomputer 5 years to render, I think back to how exciting watching Arnold Schwarzenegger drive a motorcycle down a canal was.

Generally I agree regarding CGI, but I just watched Alita: Battle Angel and it had some of the best action sequences I've ever seen. If they had cut out the absolutely cringeworthy young adult drama/romance and cleaned up the editing (the movie jumps around constantly with non-sequiturs), that movie would have been stellar.

Edited by DoctorEncore

10/10 - One of the best action movies ever made.

It's hard for me to decide whether or not I like Terminator or Terminator 2 more. They're such vastly different movies with very little in common. For that reason I tend to judge them individually rather than two parts of a set.  Had Terminator 2 been more of the same, I don't think it would have been as good.

Terminator 2 is probably my favorite movie of all time. I've seen it so many times I've lost count. I cant really think of anything wrong with it. For what it's trying to do, it nails everything almost perfectly. I think the extended cut goes on a little too long for it's own good. I like the exposition it provides but at the same time kind of wish that they'd left more up to interpretation.  Though I suppose at least one of them is good for explaining why Sarah is so quick to somewhat trust Arnold.

Also, that ending is amazing. Imagine it from the perspective of a 1991 audience for a moment. They only knew the Terminator as a villain, and are now crying because

Spoiler

it kills itself to preserve the future of humanity

It's made all the better because the movie builds up to it the entire time from the moment Arnold meets John to the moment they hit the steel mill.

As for the sequels, they're all garbage in unique ways I wont get into. As far as I'm concerned the series ends here, and the extra sequels are fan fiction.

Edited by Jono1874
added detail