IGNORED

Pro Wrestling thread

CodysGameRoom

1 hour ago, guitarzombie said:

Yeah, id say thats very similar.  But DX was over longer because they didn't dilute and fuck up the vibe.  People got tired of DX where with nWo people just said 'shit this is lame'.

nWo was booked into oblivion lol. Literally just about everyone in WCW was a part of nWo in some form or another, whether it be during their overbloated Heyday whenevery single heel was a member to when they reached critical mass and they had split into nWo black & white and nWo Wolfpack

@SpoonMan Abrams X
Well Drew, Bray, and Roman should all go over at mania.  Isn’t that putting over the new generation?

Taker is the only legend/part timer I see winning.  AJ is older and doesn’t need the win, just having a Taker match is enough of a feather in his cap and he might just pull a decent bout out of the deadman.

19 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

I'm curious as to why you don't like Shawn Michaels? Of course, apparently, during his first run he was a real asshole, especially during the original DX run, but that was largely attributed to his ego and substance abuse/addiction issues (which mostly was due to him screwing up his back during that Casket Match with Undertaker). When he came back clean, practically a new man in 2002, he was arguably better then he was before.

The majority of my wrestling watching was pre-2002.   I think he was (is?) a full of himself asshole.  

I wasn't the biggest Stone Cold fan then either, but seeing behind the scenes stuff from him and other wrestlers of the time have changed my opinion due to how hard of a worker he was.  

The more behind the scenes stuff I see about Michaels (especially his first WWF title win from Bret Hart) just confirms my opinion.

7 hours ago, fox said:

@SpoonMan Abrams X
Well Drew, Bray, and Roman should all go over at mania.  Isn’t that putting over the new generation?

Taker is the only legend/part timer I see winning.  AJ is older and doesn’t need the win, just having a Taker match is enough of a feather in his cap and he might just pull a decent bout out of the deadman.

Sure they will (probably) go over, but at what expense? Bray in particular. WWE wanted that nostalgia pop so they were practically tripping over themselves to crap all over the Fiend. When push comes to shove, and WWE have a big star of yesteryear on the card, the outcome is all but inevitable.

6 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

The majority of my wrestling watching was pre-2002.   I think he was (is?) a full of himself asshole.  

I wasn't the biggest Stone Cold fan then either, but seeing behind the scenes stuff from him and other wrestlers of the time have changed my opinion due to how hard of a worker he was.  

The more behind the scenes stuff I see about Michaels (especially his first WWF title win from Bret Hart) just confirms my opinion.

Was. In his time off he got sober and had a complete change of character. When he came back he was a proper and respectable legend of the business, and again arguable had the best work of his career. Check out his WM matches against Undertaker, or his fued with Cena over the WWE Title. His returning fued in 2002 with Triple H. His fued with Jericho in 2003. Some great wrestling. And most everyone has nothing but great things to say about him. He really gave back.

1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did anyone else watch Revolution? I won't spoil anything, but I thought it was a solid show from start to finish.

Still (re)watching the start of it as I missed it at work, but my goodness it's fantastic.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

That main event was great, maybe not the match of the night, but it was still excellent

Spoiler

spacer.png

I loved this debut. Wondering if it is a one off or he is officially joining the roster?

Did you guys see the story of the AEW guy MJF sticking his middle finger in a kids face at a meet and greet?  I read that the kids dad is MJF's brother, making the kid his nephew.  The story is getting picked up though by regular media and people hate MJF it.  Totally brilliant if true and orchestrated like that! That's classic pro-wrestling at it's finest, the heel making the fans believe it is real and really hate his guts. 

Image result for mjf middle finger

9 hours ago, B.A. said:

Did you guys see the story of the AEW guy MJF sticking his middle finger in a kids face at a meet and greet?  I read that the kids dad is MJF's brother, making the kid his nephew.  The story is getting picked up though by regular media and people hate MJF it.  Totally brilliant if true and orchestrated like that! That's classic pro-wrestling at it's finest, the heel making the fans believe it is real and really hate his guts. 

Image result for mjf middle finger

I read the story about that, but I'm not sure if he has a brother. They used the father's name in the article, so unless it's a fake name, I'm guessing he really did it since he supposedly stays in character all of the time.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:45 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Is anyone watching this? It even looks bad on paper.

I did... it was better then Hell in a Cell. My biggest gripe wasn't necessarily the outcomes... but how they got there. Like so much weird pacing and other shit. Every match had at the least a few just awkward moments. Really botchey.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, Boosted52405 said:

I don't think I enjoyed even 1 ounce of Elimination Chamber last night...did anything eventful happen that I missed?  The main event was supremely expected and uneventful :(.

Daniel Bryan vs Drew Gulak match (in it's entirety) was probably the true highlight of the night. Actually worth a watch on it's own if you have WWE Network.

12 hours ago, DarkTone said:

Flipping kids the bird and getting paid. I'm officially jealous. 

Truly he is living the dream

On 3/9/2020 at 11:14 AM, Boosted52405 said:

I don't think I enjoyed even 1 ounce of Elimination Chamber last night...did anything eventful happen that I missed?  The main event was supremely expected and uneventful :(.

It was pretty awful, but I didn't expect much going in. The main event was boring with all of the wait time. They should have paced it better.