IGNORED

Bag Milk

FireHazard51

Bag Milk  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have you drank milk from a bag?

• Yes, why is this a poll?
    • No, what nonsense is this?
  2. 2. Follow up for those who answered yes.

• You've only drank bag milk in a school setting
    • You've drank bag milk outside of a school setting
    • I don't belong here....

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

• It's recyclable plastic
  • Takes less materials to make
  • Lighter
  • More milk in less space
  • etc.

I assume our old school cardboard cartons are more environmentally friendly. They're also recyclable and doesn't consist of the non bio-degrading plastic demon. I see your bag that will sit in the ground for a millennium and raise you a friendly disintegrating cardboard!

Also what does lighter have to do with the environment?

Social Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Gloves said:

• It's recyclable plastic
  • Takes less materials to make
  • Lighter
  • More milk in less space
  • etc.

In the states the is a lot of plastic bags that are "recyclable" but there is no recycling plant that can handle them so in the end its fucks up the recycling plant that doesn't handle them.  Like....REALLY hampers it's productivity and that just makes recycling less cost friendly and overall hampers the recycling movement.

PBS Frontline did a good documentary on "recyclables" that just aren't recyclable like the public thinks.  AKA, plastic bags are rarely recyclable in America.  I REALLY hope they are where you live.

I've started the video where you only need to watch 3 minutes to get what I'm talking about.

Those plastic jugs are actually the worst thing to keep milk in, relatively speaking, as the light let in can spoil milk faster than anything else. Bagged milk is usually transferred to an opaque container.

Also, you should be storing your milk as low as possible in the fridge. It'll keep a few days longer.

So I am aware of bagged milk, however the only place I immediately recall it was a local store chain called "Quality Dairy" sold bagged milk up until a few years ago. Myself & @MashFan81 grew up with this, so it wasn't unknown, though uncommon. Real talk it is/was legit the best milk and other dairy stuff you could get, bar none.

On 12/29/2020 at 2:00 PM, Tabonga said:

I thought the official language of this place was English.............

"Canadian English"

7 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

In the states the is a lot of plastic bags that are "recyclable" but there is no recycling plant that can handle them so in the end its fucks up the recycling plant that doesn't handle them.  Like....REALLY hampers it's productivity and that just makes recycling less cost friendly and overall hampers the recycling movement.

PBS Frontline did a good documentary on "recyclables" that just aren't recyclable like the public thinks.  AKA, plastic bags are rarely recyclable in America.  I REALLY hope they are where you live.

I've started the video where you only need to watch 3 minutes to get what I'm talking about.

This is more a failing on our part to actually accommodate these companies/organizations then it is the fact they can't do anything about it...or that we should use shit that is actually recyclable