IGNORED

POLL: Who do you expect will win? (NOT who do you want to win)

phart010

Who do you expect will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect will win?

• Donald John Trump
    • Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

1 hour ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Just curious what you would suggest as an alternative. No leadership and just hope people do the right thing?

People elevate leaders because they admire them. I don’t see politicians as leaders.

Politicians are representatives. They will make decisions that they may be personally against, because that is the will of the people they represent.

We look up to leaders as good people and as model examples. A representative can have sex scandals and bad morals in their closet, but you can still use them to do the job of representing the will of the people.

If someone is good at investing, repairing, building, etc people don’t really care about their personal life. You just care whether they will do a good job. The politicians job is to accurately and tactfully represent their people’s interests.

Edited by phart010

That is a heck of a red mirage on the so called blue wall. Looks like the 3 states that narrowly cost Clinton the election will narrowly cost Trump this election. The only other big surprise is that insurance tally for Biden in Arizona. Amazing that Trump could win FL and PA still lose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Just curious what you would suggest as an alternative. No leadership and just hope people do the right thing?

Honestly? I have none, there is in my opinion, no compatible solution when the human population is close to 8 billion.

Even gods own chosen people turned away from *that* way of thinking over 2500 years ago when 1 Samuel was written and the Jews asked for a king.

I don’t expect everyone to take part in my extreme view either. If they did, society as it currently functions would probably not exist (for better or worst I don’t know)

• Like 1

Arizona may still be a wild card.  According to this article there are about 600k uncounted ballots - the preponderance of which are apparently  in Maricopa County. 

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/11/04/least-400-k-ballots-left-count-arizona-republic-estimates-and-number-certainly-higher/6157997002/

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
8 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Yeah I’m hearing mixed things on Arizona. 

Trump trying to suppress the vote in Michigan, calling for recount in Wisconsin, claiming irregularities in Pennsylvania. All of this against his advisors’ opinions.

Strap in, folks.

I mean, I fully expected Trump to immediately start throwing a hissy fit and calling shenanigans if there was even the slightest chance that he might lose, I can't say I'm surprised at all that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Yeah I’m hearing mixed things on Arizona. 

................calling for recount in Wisconsin............. 

With the current vote totals that is well within the margins under Wisconsin law regarding recounts.  He (or his campaign more likely) would have to pay for it though.  It is too early to request it though - likely just posturing.

Nothing really unusual for recounts to be requested - even if they can't possibly benefit your party - the Green Party attempted* to have recounts in three states that went for Trump after the 2016 elections.  

*For some reason they seem to have overlooked New Hampshire which had a similar percentage difference to Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania - must have just overlooked that one in their zeal for justice.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

With the current vote totals that is well within the margins under Wisconsin law regarding recounts.  He (or his campaign more likely) would have to pay for it though.  It is too early to request it though - likely just posturing.

Nothing really unusual for recounts to be requested - even if they can't possibly benefit your party - the Green Party attempted* to have recounts in three states that went for Trump after the 2016 elections.  

*For some reason they seem to have overlooked New Hampshire which had a similar percentage difference to Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania - must have just overlooked that one in their zeal for justice.

Not debating your points there but didn’t Clinton lose in Wisconsin with a much closer count? Although I guess a recount there wouldn’t have helped her much anyway. Just curious

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Not debating your points there but didn’t Clinton lose in Wisconsin with a much closer count? Although I guess a recount there wouldn’t have helped her much anyway. Just curious

Trump is currently behind by 20,517 whereas Hillary was behind by 27,257*.  Percentage wise (given the larger voter turnout) Trump is even closer by that gauge.

I don't think any recounts in Wisconsin have ever turned up any large irregularities.

*If I have done the numbers correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No.  He's at 264, and Nevada is the only one leaning his way with 6 votes.  So... yeah, this could be a tie.

Regardless, I have no clue why any state that is close is "calling it".  They have 3 days to count mail-in ballots.  It's not over until it's over.  It's one thing if a state has a victory for one opponent in the margin of 55% vs 43% but it's different when the margin is less than 1%.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RH said:

Regardless, I have no clue why any state that is close is "calling it".  They have 3 days to count mail-in ballots.  It's not over until it's over.  It's one thing if a state has a victory for one opponent in the margin of 55% vs 43% but it's different when the margin is less than 1%.

It is usually AP (or any of the three major networks) that calls that rather than any governmental agency and everyone then jumps on the bandwagon.  Of course any of those entities wants to be the first to call it.

The projections are generally based on various polls (exit etc) and where the early votes come in from in each state.  Which is why some states are not called even though most of the precincts have reported.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, attakid101 said:

There’s no way it could end in a tie. The person who hits 270 wins. 

If it was  a tie then the election* would get kicked into the incoming house of representatives with each state delegation getting one vote.  (I am not sure what  happens if a state delegation had an equal number of donkeys and elephants.)

It is called a contingent election (and is really IMHO convoluted) and has occurred a few times in history (1801, 1825 and 1837).

*For President - the VP is chosen  by the Senate (Senators each get one vote).

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RH said:

No.  He's at 264, and Nevada is the only one leaning his way with 6 votes.  So... yeah, this could be a tie.

It's a good thing this many states have been decided. The trump campaign is trying to stop the votes from being counted in the remaining states as we speak.

• Angry 2