IGNORED

POLL: Who do you expect will win? (NOT who do you want to win)

phart010

Who do you expect will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect will win?

• Donald John Trump
    • Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Nebraska usually goes red but District 2 (my district) went blue, and we are one of two states who split the electoral votes, so we gave Biden one.

So really, if he gets the 6 from Nevada, then our one electoral vote counted enough to give him the win. 

So I'm gonna take credit for that since I live here. You're welcome, everyone.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Nebraska usually goes red but District 2 (my district) went blue, and we are one of two states who split the electoral votes, so we gave Biden one.

So really, if he gets the 6 from Nevada, then our one electoral vote counted enough to give him the win. 

So I'm gonna take credit for that since I live here. You're welcome, everyone.

I live in Tennessee where we gave the most support to Kanye West. Siri, define “stupid prizes”

• Haha 2

I voted for Joe Biden and I live in Idaho soooo....I’m outnumbered. Of course I hope my candidate wins but no matter what happens, no matter who wins, America is pretty fucking great.

Only thing I hate about Trump’s presidency is that it has shone a harsh light on some of the uglier parts of our country. And I’m not talking about the liberal media slant. I mean in real life.

I don’t know, it just felt like the bigots, sexists, racists, etc felt emboldened. I got called the n-word in a public street and nobody said a word in my defense. A black friend of mine was asked to leave a store because she opened a bottle of lotion to check the scent. I saw looks of actual disgust when I walked into a restaurant with my white wife and mixed children. My brother was slapped in the face by a white girl and called the n-word—again nobody but him seemed bothered by it. A guy covered Nazi tattoos took a picnic table from an entire Latino family at a lake I was visiting.

I promise you this stuff didn’t happen before Trump. I’ve lived here my whole life.

All that being said, I know that most of Trumps supporters are good, caring, patriotic Americans. Like I said I live in Idaho so most of the people I know voted for him. And they love this country as much as I do. But I can’t shake the feeling that his presidency brought out the worst in some people. 

Anyway, I’m a little inebriated so I’ll stop before I get all cheesy. Just remember, whoever wins, we’re all Americans...except Canadians or whatever.

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 2

21 minutes ago, attakid101 said:

I voted for Joe Biden and I live in Idaho soooo....I’m outnumbered. Of course I hope my candidate wins but no matter what happens, no matter who wins, America is pretty fucking great.

Only thing I hate about Trump’s presidency is that it has shone a harsh light on some of the uglier parts of our country. And I’m not talking about the liberal media slant. I mean in real life.

I don’t know, it just felt like the bigots, sexists, racists, etc felt emboldened. I got called the n-word in a public street and nobody said a word in my defense. A black friend of mine was asked to leave a store because she opened a bottle of lotion to check the scent. I saw looks of actual disgust when I walked into a restaurant with my white wife and mixed children. My brother was slapped in the face by a white girl and called the n-word—again nobody but him seemed bothered by it. A guy covered Nazi tattoos took a picnic table from an entire Latino family at a lake I was visiting.

I promise you this stuff didn’t happen before Trump. I’ve lived here my whole life.

All that being said, I know that most of Trumps supporters are good, caring, patriotic Americans. Like I said I live in Idaho so most of the people I know voted for him. And they love this country as much as I do. But I can’t shake the feeling that his presidency brought out the worst in some people. 

Anyway, I’m a little inebriated so I’ll stop before I get all cheesy. Just remember, whoever wins, we’re all Americans...except Canadians or whatever.

Ouch, Idaho was one of the places I’ve been considering leaving Colorado for.😬

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

So is this a done deal or is it still up in the air?

Up in the air, Joe needs one more state. He is ahead in Nevada by 8k but the other states Donald is up but by small margins. States still counting are supposed to release updated numbers at noon est

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Up in the air, Joe needs one more state. He is ahead in Nevada by 8k but the other states Donald is up but by small margins. States still counting are supposed to release updated numbers at noon est

It is up in the air but the odds are in Joe's favor.  To make a long story short, basically all of the votes left/being counted now are mail in ballots.  These mail in ballots skew heavily for Joe Biden.  That is why it seems likely, although not 100% definitive, that Joe will win.  We should know by tonight is my guess.

Edited by tbone3969
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, tbone3969 said:

It is up in the air but the odds are in Joe's favor.  To make a long story short, basically all of the votes left/being counted now are mail in ballots.  These mail in ballots skew heavily for Joe Biden.  That is why it seems likely, although not 100% definitive, that Joe will win.  We should know by tonight is my guess.

Doesn't Pennsylavania have a much longer time to count? They allow military ballots to be received up until the 10th.

38 minutes ago, Californication said:

Doesn't Pennsylavania have a much longer time to count? They allow military ballots to be received up until the 10th.

I wouldn’t think that matters. The whole military is a little over 1 million strong. Divide that by 50 states for an average of around 20,000 military personnel per state.

Of those, how many are actually deployed during elections? Maybe half?

Probably not a large enough number of votes to move the scale one way or another 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, The Strangest said:

I never would have guessed that Georgia or Pennsylvania would be likely to give Joe the presidency but here we are.

Georgia in particular really surprised me, honestly. I thought that would've been one of the states that would've pretty definitively gone for Trump.

3 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Georgia in particular really surprised me, honestly. I thought that would've been one of the states that would've pretty definitively gone for Trump.

Yeah, it really depends on where you are in a red state. Nashville and Memphis are totally different worlds from the rest of Tennessee. I remember going to get my Master’s degree from UT in Knoxville and when I got there I was warned to be careful with what I say and to who because it’s a whole other political culture from Nashville to Knoxville. Phew, was he right.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 hours ago, ChickenTendas said:

Well it's the big cities really. Check almost any state, even Texas or Florida, and there's a very high concentration of blue in and around the cities. As you move further away from the cities people seem to vote red more often. It's scary how predictable it is.

People in cities rely heavily on government services, and mingle daily with people of different religions, backgrounds, and sexual persuasions.  People in the country mostly want to be left alone and to shoot things, while mostly knowing other White Christian types.  I don't mean for any of that to be a put down either.

• Like 1